Wetting advice

newfemalediaperlover

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey everyone!

I’m completely new to this but I’ve had a few dramas with leaks. I think (not sure never had anything to compare too!) I’m a rather heavy wetter and the depends from the supermarket aren’t doing it for me and I’m not sure if there is a special way of using them? Or if I’m just a heavy wetter… should I be releasing my wee in stages I struggle to stop once I start and ended up weeing on my lounge today 😣I’m toilet trained but I have got to a point in nappies I feel it and then it just happens and once it’s started I can’t stop. Should I use tab nappies? Is this going to be too obvious in public? Any advice would be amazing! I was going to ask if I should be using powder or cream when I wee?

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Andy86, Diprs2 and 3 others
Full bladder voids will over saturate the nappy leading to leaks. The best is when you wet in little drips and dribbles throughout the day (This take serious training) Your nappy will manage better and you will have no leaks.

• Sad
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, nectar0001, Fleetwoodmac32192 and 4 others
newfemalediaperlover said:
Hey everyone!

I’m completely new to this but I’ve had a few dramas with leaks. I think (not sure never had anything to compare too!) I’m a rather heavy wetter and the depends from the supermarket aren’t doing it for me and I’m not sure if there is a special way of using them? Or if I’m just a heavy wetter… should I be releasing my wee in stages I struggle to stop once I start and ended up weeing on my lounge today 😣I’m toilet trained but I have got to a point in nappies I feel it and then it just happens and once it’s started I can’t stop. Should I use tab nappies? Is this going to be too obvious in public? Any advice would be amazing! I was going to ask if I should be using powder or cream when I wee?
Don’t think pull ups are anywhere near as good as tabbed nappies, I love Tena maxi active, very discreet but hold a good amount. I’m not IC just love wearing nappies, I have worn these to work once, I looked in the mirror and you couldn’t tell I was wearing.
Have fun👍🏻

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Seabear, Fattrick and 3 others
bobbilly said:
Full bladder voids will over saturate the nappy leading to leaks. The best is when you wet in little drips and dribbles throughout the day (This take serious training) Your nappy will manage better and you will have no leaks.
Yea ok interesting - I really struggle with this as soon as I allow my bladder to let go it’s like the flood gates open haha 😂🤭 I’ll try again tomorrow when I’m home alone see if I can manage better! Even not holding it just letting it go as it comes!

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, diaperdude and 1 other person
warmfeeling said:
Don’t think pull ups are anywhere near as good as tabbed nappies, I love Tena maxi active, very discreet but hold a good amount. I’m not IC just love wearing nappies, I have worn these to work once, I looked in the mirror and you couldn’t tell I was wearing.
Have fun👍🏻
Do you have to let bits and pieces out at a time or can you just relax I think this is going to be my issue!

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and diaperdude
Hey everyone!

I am right here with you girl!! New to the DL life and figuring it out

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, diaperdude and 1 other person
Depends aren’t highly regarded here for being able to hold a wetting. Not sure where you might be or what you’ve access to locally, but Tena’s heavier tabbed briefs are, imho, vastly superior and typically readily available.

With a decent diaper, I don’t really worry about a heavy wetting too much, but you may want to try to wet more frequently to reduce risk of a leak from overflowing.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, newfemalediaperlover, Diprs2 and 1 other person
Hey everyone!

I'd definitely use tab nappies if you're a heavy wetter, Tena Slip Maxi active fit would be my starting point and if you want to avoid them being obvious try wearing tights over your nappy - the tights will expand when it's wet, but hold everything in place and reduce noise of crinkling!

If you're going to be wearing and wetting on a regular basis and changing from a used nappy into a fresh one, then powder after using a wipe is a decent shout so you're nice and dry when you out your fresh nappy on.

Enjoy!

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, newfemalediaperlover and Diprs2
About the only thing you can depend upon about Depend is.....
You can't.
Depends idea of "new and improved" is they've changed the packaging.

• Haha
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, theancientmariner and Diprs2
Do you have to let bits and pieces out at a time or can you just relax I think this is going to be my issue!
You can let go but it’s still worth trying to not let it all go at once, just in case

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Diprs2
Thanks for the advice guys! I’m going to be going out and seeing what I can find! Hopefully maybe if I go to the chemist I might find something better. It feels so good and relaxing I really want to find something I can use especially if I was to go out. At the moment I don’t trust to go out in a nappy but I would like too

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, nonameforme, Diapersntights and 1 other person
Pull-ups are ok for drips, but a tabbed diaper like megamax can do full voids, or like tena, treat, a few others, also pull-ups are mostly meant for pee only

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
There are also lots of great waterproof covers that will help with leaking. The new waterproof fabric style covers keep the noise down and help hold the nappy to your body as well. I'm a guy and I wear stretchy synthetic boxer briefs over my pull up style and tab style when I'm wearing other than at home in PJ's and they help a lot. Wearing a diaper is a big change but I'm really happy you found something that you can enjoy. Adjusting your wardrobe to accommodate them is just another part of the process for most of us.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Dry247
Use tena maxi slips or alvita all in ones and sometimes attends level 9 or 10 and when my bladder lets go without warning they usually keep my clothes dry.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, warmfeeling and chamberpot
I used to let it all go at once, and boy did it feel good. But it did lead to leakage problems. Now I just let it out a little at a time.

Need a more absorbent diaper then.
asutton624 said:
I used to let it all go at once, and boy did it feel good. But it did lead to leakage problems. Now I just let it out a little at a time.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Traveler
Great answers to your question... I really love how supportive this community is!

Only thing I'll add to the discussion... and I probably don't need to point this out... is that there's a bunch of info on the package about things like how absorbent the diapers are to help you choose the right product.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and nonameforme
Fattrick said:
Great answers to your question... I really love how supportive this community is!

Only thing I'll add to the discussion... and I probably don't need to point this out... is that there's a bunch of info on the package about things like how absorbent the diapers are to help you choose the right product.
Yea thanks and I thought the heavy absorbency on the depends would of been fine haha I have worn them all day today and was able to wet without leaking but had to make sure to really try hard not to open the flood gates haha it was heavy when I took it off don’t think it would do much more.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Fattrick
That's great! I have a big bladder too and I know how easy it is to make pretty much any diaper leak from just letting go. Once in a while leaking is kinda fun for me but most of the time the cleanup is just a pain in the butt to me.

I'm assuming the heavy absorbency depends are the ones with tabs... that's what I'm wearing. Do you like the tabs or the pullups better?

I'm not sure if someone mentioned it or not. But if I'm using a pull-up I'll go pee in the toilet and then put it on so that I can just relax and have little wettings until it's full. This way I don't flood it at once and I don't have to stop the flow mid stream

Back