Wet the bed out of nowhere

5566hji

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I (24) had my first real nighttime accident last week. I woke up for work in the morning and after i stood up from the bed i realized that something was different. My underwear and my sleeping shorts were soaked with urine. I was completely shocked for the whole day and felt very insecure for the following nights.
I mean I wear diapers on some occassions for fun but i never had a real nighttime accident before. Now i worry that i will become a bedwetter again after 19 years without wetting and I dont now if i should use some protection for real now.

Reactions: Neroforte, Canadianfalls, Diprs2 and 1 other person
When in doubt, diaper up for bed.

Reactions: Seabear, KitsuneFox, littledreamers333 and 5 others
Tundra1975 said:
When in doubt, diaper up for bed.
I really think about that too. I have diapers at home so i could try to use them on a regular basis for the following nights. Should i try it?

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Diprs2 and Edgewater
5566hji said:
I really think about that too. I have diapers at home so i could try to use them on a regular basis for the following nights. Should i try it?
I think you should if you are worried about wetting your bed in the future. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: richieboy, AttilaThePun, Diprs2 and 1 other person
ianwee said:
I think you should if you are worried about wetting your bed in the future. Better safe than sorry.
I really am and i think i will go for the nighttime diapers. I dont want to wet the bed again :(

Reactions: AttilaThePun and Edgewater
5566hji said:
I would wear a diaper to bed just to be safe if I were you. It is better to wet your diaper than to wet your bedding and mattress.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Diprs2, chamberpot and 1 other person
At least for a while until you can define where it was a freak occurrence or the first sign of an underlining cause. Incontinence is a common indicator of the onset or worsening of an issue with an organ, an illness or mental issue (like stress).

Review with detail the prior 48 hours looking at food and liquid intake, fever, etc..

With great hope, this was a single event, but I would highly recommend that you purchase either a protective pad or an enclosed plastic mattress cover for your bed.

Reactions: Neroforte, DamianTheAngel, AttilaThePun and 2 others
i w
Tundra1975 said:
I would wear a diaper to bed just to be safe if I were you. It is better to wet your diaper than to wet your bedding and mattress.
i will do that. I dont want to wake up in a wet bed again

Diaper up until the cause is found Bed wetting could be a sign of some medical issue, so if I were you (and I am not) I would check with my doctor to see if there is something going on that you may not know about. Other then that welcome to the forum I hope you enjoy yourself here please tell us a bit about yourself

Last edited:
Reactions: Neroforte, AttilaThePun, Diprs2 and 1 other person
Edgewater said:
At least for a while until you can define where it was a freak occurrence or the first sign of an underlining cause. Incontinence is a common indicator of the onset or worsening of an issue with an organ, an illness or mental issue (like stress).

Review with detail the prior 48 hours looking at food and liquid intake, fever, etc..

With great hope, this was a single event, but I would highly recommend that you purchase either a protective pad or an enclosed plastic mattress cover for your bed.
Thats a good tip. I will watch exactly how this problem will develop over the next weeks

5566hji said:
Thats a good tip. I will watch exactly how this problem will develop over the next weeks
In the meantime you can,of course, wear diapers "for fun" any time that you can!

Reactions: Edgewater, AttilaThePun and Diprs2
My bedwetting came back after almost 10 dry years.

• Sad
Wetshisbed said:
My bedwetting came back after almost 10 dry years.
Thats what im afraid of... :(

• Sad
Unfortunately, even those of us who never had a history of bedwetting (after becoming potty-trained, that is) eventually find it necessary to wear absorbent products of one kind or another. Whether it's only while sleeping or around-the-clock, it can be quite an adjustment to *have to* wear diapers.

Reactions: slimjiminy and Edgewater
I had this same thing happen last month.

I had never wet the bed since probably age 4 and it happened one time last month. Hasn’t happened again so I’m hoping it was just a fluke thing.

AttilaThePun said:
Unfortunately, even those of us who never had a history of bedwetting (after becoming potty-trained, that is) eventually find it necessary to wear absorbent products of one kind or another. Whether it's only while sleeping or around-the-clock, it can be quite an adjustment to *have to* wear diapers.
I can't claim "never" since I do remember wetting the bed maybe 2-3 times, within the same month. But then mother adopted a rule that there were no drinks after dinner and that nipped the problem in the bud.

Reactions: Edgewater and AttilaThePun
As a little update: I haven't wet my bed again since then and I tried it without protection at night. But a few days ago I had a diarrhea accident so I'm very confused why I keep having some kind of accidents lately.

• Thinking
Reactions: AttilaThePun
If you can't attribute these accidents to a prexisting condition, or anything else in particular, then I think it probably would be best to speak with your doctor.

Bed wetting is also due to mental health issues so yeah diapered at least you protect

• Thinking
Reactions: AttilaThePun
5566hji said:
I (24) had my first real nighttime accident last week. I woke up for work in the morning and after i stood up from the bed i realized that something was different. My underwear and my sleeping shorts were soaked with urine. I was completely shocked for the whole day and felt very insecure for the following nights.
I mean I wear diapers on some occassions for fun but i never had a real nighttime accident before. Now i worry that i will become a bedwetter again after 19 years without wetting and I dont now if i should use some protection for real now.
To be on the safe side you had better start wearing your diaper and panties nightly. If you can achieve 90 nights of dryness in a row you can try it without protection again.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Edgewater and Neroforte
Back