Were you still wearing diapers at 10?

My mum kept me in night nappies till I was about fourteen of fifteen, I think one morning she was changing my wet nappy and when she unpinned the nappy I somehow got an erection and I think she stopped putting me in nappies after this.

Problem was I kept wetting the bed, when i got to about nineteen I would only wet maybe one or twice a week. At twenty I got married and my wife was telling my mum,after a short time of how I was regularly wetting the bed. My mum gave my wife all my old nappies, plastic pants and other bits and pieces she had held onto over the years.

My wife forced me into night nappies and told me she no longer wanted to wake up in a wet bed, so it was either I wear a nappy or she would leave, in truth as embarrassing at it was in the beginning with her diapering me every night, if I were honest, I was relieved to have to worry when I wake up if the bed was wet or not.

How did that go when he found out?
DLjoey974 said:
yes i did, i only remember how one of them found out, we were at scout camp and i needed something from my bag so i asked my friend to go and get it but i told him look in the wrong compartment and he opened the one that had my goodnites in it.

abcde12678 said:
How did that go when he found out?
He didn't say anything about the goodnites, he just said i told him the wrong compartment.

I was wetting the bed far past what was acceptable in our house. I started making cotton soakers out of old sweatshirts and I bought a pair of Gerber toddler plastic pants, I sewed in side panels so they fit me. I wasn't allowed to use the washing machine and not suppose to be wetting at night, which happened till I was about 16 yrs old, so I hid it all. I remember taking the plastic pants and soakers on vacation when I was about 14 and I think I began wearing the plastic pants w/o a diaper during the day because I began enjoying the look of them on me and especially the feeling of the vinyl snuggly hugging me. I'd go hiking in the woods and along the river in a t-shirt with the pp's exposed because they made me feel free, just not where people would ever see me. I stopped when I was 16.

Yes, at 10 I was still wearing nappies to bed every night and still occasionally in the day too if we were going somewhere that it might be hard to find a toilet or a log trip etc but by 10 that wasn’t as often as it had been when I was younger. That said I still wore a nappy to bed every night and did until my early teens.

Reactions: Andy86 and DiaperGirly
dluk2020 said:
Yes, at 10 I was still wearing nappies to bed every night and still occasionally in the day too if we were going somewhere that it might be hard to find a toilet or a log trip etc but by 10 that wasn’t as often as it had been when I was younger. That said I still wore a nappy to bed every night and did until my early teens.
Did anyone ever find out you wore them?

abcde12678 said:
Did anyone ever find out you wore them?
yes, family mostly

I wore GoodNites until I was about 12, back before they separated into boys/girls versions. Thankfully, the times I slept over at someone else's house and wore them, everyone was understanding about them.

no but it would have helped with the bedwetting.

Reactions: Andy86
I wish I was

Reactions: Jorelaxed
I'ts nice to see that so many others have had a similar experience. My mom worked at the hospital. This was before pull-ups were a thing. I was put in hospital diapers. The tape up kind. I was a bedwetter, so getting diapered at night was pretty routine. I had day accidents, so the neighbors and kids knew about it. It's pretty crazy how accepted it was back then. My grandma would keep me diapered the whole time I was at her house. That was the most time when it was like the rule. When I got older my mom would leave packs inside my bedroom. It turns out I had celiac which can affect both #1 and#2 problems.

Dlaboy4321 said:
What's your story? We all have what happened. What it was like to be the kid who stll wore diapers to bed.? The kid who wet their pants when they were nervous. Changed in front of others. Just being the one that everyone knew was still wearing diapers. I wore diapers past age 10. I guess that is when I thought it was maybe not normal. What do you have?
Untill the age of 11 I've worn some form of diapers at night. Later my parents tried wetting alarms, plastic sheets etc but eventually turned back to diapers from 12 to 14, later I kind got the bedwetting under control. It was with 18 I left to live on my own and started wearing more again.

dluk2020 said:
Me too. Nappies at night until 16/17. Then started again in early 40’s due to incontinence following back problems. 61 now and been back in nappies at night for last 20 years every night without fail and in daytime too if I am travelling or away from loo too long as I’m prone to accidents. Fortunately I love wearing a nappy which helps

Reactions: dluk2020 and Andy86
heymanbaby59 said:
My mum kept me in night nappies till I was about fourteen of fifteen, I think one morning she was changing my wet nappy and when she unpinned the nappy I somehow got an erection and I think she stopped putting me in nappies after this.

Problem was I kept wetting the bed, when i got to about nineteen I would only wet maybe one or twice a week. At twenty I got married and my wife was telling my mum,after a short time of how I was regularly wetting the bed. My mum gave my wife all my old nappies, plastic pants and other bits and pieces she had held onto over the years.

My wife forced me into night nappies and told me she no longer wanted to wake up in a wet bed, so it was either I wear a nappy or she would leave, in truth as embarrassing at it was in the beginning with her diapering me every night, if I were honest, I was relieved to have to worry when I wake up if the bed was wet or not.
I was wet at night well into teens and kept in Terry nappy and plastic pants too. Either my mum or grandma got me ready for bed. It stopped as a young adult but when married to first wife and working shifts I still had occasional wet nights . By this time (late 80’s) I discovered disposables such as Attenda or Slipad. My wife was ok with it but never got involved in nappying me. In my 40’s I had spinal injury and surgery and I’ve been incontinent at night for last 20 years and struggle in day time too so back in night nappies and use cloth ones when possible. They feel better, more reliable, more comfortable and of course are more environmentally friendly. I’m on second marriage now and my new wife is so accepting of this.

Reactions: sambus
At 10 I was still in nappies at night as I still peed in my sleep every night - if we went on long trips I wore during the day and used it when I needed to. Both myself and my younger brother were both bedwetters so on trips we would both be sat on the backseat of the car and by the time we got to places were both in our wet nappies - while on trips it was ok to pee ourselves and we did not get into trouble - if we every wet our pants during the day normally, we got into trouble

Yes but only at night , my psychologist said it was happening at night from high stress . Reason was my father often beat all 3 of us kids . It got so bad DHS investigated him after my 5th emergency room visit it was quite obvious the buses on my legs and bottom were not normal children playing injuries . My poor mother tried and tried to get the attention of state DHS because of dad’s vicious attacks even on her . 😔

• Sad
Reactions: plasticpants1, diaperkool and Palle
On and off, my parents would use diaper as a punishment or as a safety measure. Growing up, whenever I had the slightest symptoms of food poisoning or diarhea, I would instantly be put in pull-ups or goodnites for a week to avoid soiling my pants. I never actually soiled my pants past the age of 3-4 so not sure that it was warranted. I would be put in nappies for various offenses. If I urinated on the toilet lid, I would "lose my toilet privileges" for a day or two, i.e., I would be put in nappies and had to use them. One time, I clogged the toilet before spring break and had to spend all the vacation diapered up. Long car drives would also imply nappies for me. Every summer we went for vacation. The drive was on average 10 hours long. We would stop every 2 hours for my parents to go to the bathroom but I was not allowed to take my diaper out to avoid damaging the tape. I would usually get change once during the trip. Once we arrive at destination, my parents would find excuse to keep me diapered. They would say we should have dinner first or go shopping first. I was also put in diaper at night in the hotel room because trip to the bathroom would wake up my mom who was a light sleeper.

• Wow
Reactions: hersen
Was potty trained before 2 Yo... So at 10 (months), yes, I was still in diapers...
I know where's the exit... :p

Back