Wearing Diapers at the airport.

DiaperDiva said:
I make sure I am clean and dry when I am going through security and boarding, I have never had an issue.

Once the security agent removed one of my extra diapers from my carry-on luggage, which was a little embarrassing. Once he realized what it was he put it right back in.
Yeah I wouldnt like someone to do have removed a diaper in front of all the passengers. I wouldn’t carry any in my hand luggage. Thanks for the advice.

Diaperman95 said:
I got selected to have the extra security last time I flew. The only thing in my carry on was my incontinent supplies. He went through my hole bag and looked through every diaper but he didn't pull them out for the world to see he was some what discrete. It was a real old man who searched me he never said a word or even smiled. That has been a good ten years ago I was mid 30's. To be honest I was more worried about the swab for explosive residue on my shoes. I worked for a haz mat disposal company and had just cleaned up a large meth lab in little rock prior to arriving to the airport. No telling what chemicals I had stepped in. We hauled everything from radioactive to explosive.

I am sure they have seen it all. I would not worry about it. If you get selected for additional security you can asked to be searched alone away.
Cleaned up a meth lab, your job sounds interesting. Bet you have seen alsorts.

Softypink said:
Yeah I wouldnt like someone to do have removed a diaper in front of all the passengers. I wouldn’t carry any in my hand luggage. Thanks for the advice.
What happened there seem to be just very unlucky, either that or the security agent was new. Either way its unlikely for them to take it out. Last thing I want is not able to change because I didnt carry any spares on me

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks
inthedark said:
What happened there seem to be just very unlucky, either that or the security agent was new. Either way its unlikely for them to take it out. Last thing I want is not able to change because I didnt carry any spares on me
Yeah for incontinent people they will need to keep spares.

Softypink said:
Cleaned up a meth lab, your job sounds interesting. Bet you have seen alsorts.
That was many of moons ago but it was kind of a fun job. You be surprised how many people get busted for it and before you can clean the lab up they already been to jail and released on bond. It is just a revolving door they don't keep them locked up unless they are dumb enough to do it next to a school. They take that pretty serious. I can tell you this much never use the coffee pot at a hotel especially a cheap hotel with doors on the outside. I have done labs at every hotel chain there is just about high end and cheap. They often cook the shit on the coffee pot burner. We had contractors in 16 states that would clean them up when the DEA called. Our company was doing 40 to 60 a week across the 16 states. I was over the trucking side of it for several years. We just disposed of any and all chemicals you can imagine. Even when Walmart busted a can of of something on the shelf that was toxic or flammable they have to dispose of it proper. Even rubbing alcohol or bleach could not be poured down the drain if you are a large company. Our facility would take the stuff in small containers then we bulked it up into drums and would send it out to be burned or injected into deep wells. You would be shocked if you knew just how many gallons of toxic waste is injected into wells all over the US. The flammable stuff was used as a fuel at a concrete factory to run the furnace. Some stuff goes to the landfill as is. Radioctive stuff is stored in underground caves. It was a interesting job. I really messed my body up good moving all those drums of waste by hand though. Before that I transported medical waste and disposed of it. Glad I am not doing it now with the covid shit. I remember when SARS was a big deal I was hauling it then. You just have to treat every container like it is trying to kill you. But the pay was good especially the haz mat stuff.

• Wow
Reactions: Angelapinks, Softypink and WillFord384
Softypink said:
I have a holiday to look forward to in the Caribbean. Just wondered how your experiences have been while diapered at the airport particularly when going through customs. Have you ever had any awkward experiences while being searched. I can imagine diapers not being a shock as many people need them.
I walked through tsa in a wet diaper and it said I had like 30 items in my pants I had to get patted down and I showed them I was wearing a diaper and they let me go when the diaper could’ve been stuffed full of cocaine or something but it wasn’t haha

Reactions: Softypink
This topic has come in many threads over the years. Everyone seems to have different experiences. As far as myself, I travel through airports fairly often, including internationally, my diaper is always wet going through the security checkpoint and I have only been briefly patted down and the contents of my carryon opened a few times. The vast majority of times I sail right through without issue.
Granted I’m urge incontinent and have to be diapered while flying. I would think that if you are nervous about it and it shows then that’s a bigger red flag than if you are not.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Softypink and blob
Interestingly enough another thread was just recently created about this by Blueberry...

https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/airport-tsa-i-was-private-searched.155386/

I posted a response there, which was to re-post my own experience that happened several years ago and which I have shared several times on ADISC before. I gave the Reader's Digest version on Blueberry's thread, and I will give the even more condensed version here.

Yes, I have had the diaper discovered during a pat down and had to go to a private room, undress to show the diaper, and have a back of the hand pat down there. I was extremely embarrassed to say the least.

Reactions: joemama and Softypink
Interestingly enough another thread was just recently created about this by Blueberry...
TeddyBearCowboy said:

I posted a response there, which was to re-post my own experience that happened several years ago and which I have shared several times on ADISC before. I gave the Reader's Digest version on Blueberry's thread, and I will give the even more condensed version here.

Yes, I have had the diaper discovered during a pat down and had to go to a private room, undress to show the diaper, and have a back of the hand pat down there. I was extremely embarrassed to say the least.
I bet that was so awkward.

TeddyBearCowboy said:

Have had the same many times. I have gotten to the point I do not care. I just tell them I rather have a pat down in private to avoid the "what is that" comment in line. It went as far one time that they asked me to remove it and put a fresh one on as I was running late and did not have a chance to change, so it was quite used. I had hoped to skip through Pre Screening and change inside, but got the nude-o-scope instead. I figure these people will more than likely never interact with me ever again so who cares what they think.

Whenever I've worn one it's been after security screening just in case they're patting me down and take me to one side.

I’ve worn on flights many times, but only once have I gone through security in one. It was dry and I went through the scanner. They pulled me aside and wanted additional screening with the wand around my diaper area and that was it. They didn’t ask any questions or anything. But damn, my heart was racing that day.

yeah i been through security with a slightly wet one too, no way around it, even if i change right before security check i'd be a bit wet instantly after.
In Germany I had a pat down and no questions asked, they clearly felt the diaper but they did not intentionally touch it intensely, they just patted the sides and i was free to go on.

I've decided that wearing prior to going through TSA is not worth the potential hassle. Even though I have done it several times, and never been questioned, I have decided to stop. I now pack diapers in my carry on then change once past check point. I even did that today. Went through security with my diapers in my bag and immediately put one on in the bathroom stall after passing through security. No big deal.

I was stopped and given the special pat down twice this year; and, both were in the Denver airport. I had a goodnite on and it was dry once and a little wet the other time. They offered a private room, but I said I was good. They had me lift my shirt as part of the process and my Goodnite was riding above my jeans and so that helped them figure it out. They did a professional job of patting down my diaper area.

When I was 14, my mom, my sister who was 4 at the time and was just finishing her potty training but still had to wear pullups at night, and I. Was flying to salt lake city, Utah, while we was going through security my moms carry on bag was flagged for random inspection. This was December 2001 just months after 9/11. My mom had my pullups and diapers in her bag and some pullups for my sister to wear. She was asked who the diapers were for and she said that I was still wetting my bed at night and my she had some for my sister for just incase. I had a goodnites on and was given a metal detector check. Someone even stated that I was to old to still need diapers.

• Wow
Babybear2006 said:
When I was 14, my mom, my sister who was 4 at the time and was just finishing her potty training but still had to wear pullups at night, and I. Was flying to salt lake city, Utah, while we was going through security my moms carry on bag was flagged for random inspection. This was December 2001 just months after 9/11. My mom had my pullups and diapers in her bag and some pullups for my sister to wear. She was asked who the diapers were for and she said that I was still wetting my bed at night and my she had some for my sister for just incase. I had a goodnites on and was given a metal detector check. Someone even stated that I was to old to still need diapers.
Hm, for them to say one is too old to need diapers is first uncalled for and second it violates "the freedom the americans so seek to protect". as I keep seeing in their airports o_O as in, you're no longer free to choose your child's underwear despite the need...
And then people wonder why the TSA is not liked....

winterheart01 said:
Hm, for them to say one is too old to need diapers is first uncalled for and second it violates "the freedom the americans so seek to protect". as I keep seeing in their airports o_O as in, you're no longer free to choose your child's underwear despite the need...
And then people wonder why the TSA is not liked....
I've flown a few times since then as an adult and was padded and had a few in my duffle bag but haven't been checked

Softypink said:
I have a holiday to look forward to in the Caribbean. Just wondered how your experiences have been while diapered at the airport particularly when going through customs. Have you ever had any awkward experiences while being searched. I can imagine diapers not being a shock as many people need them.
I travel all the time diapered and never have any issues even if I’m a little wet

If you wear a cloth diaper and plastic pants, does the scanning detect diaper pins?

Back