wearing around your children

Stevepw said:
Yep i have always worn around my kids openly.
I wear for medical reasons I'm not ashamed of wearing nappies i won't be shamed by anyone!
Interesting when one kid decided he was old enough not to wear a nappy at night so we let him. He wet the bed next night he was arguing with my wife about needing a nappy. I walked in wearing only a tshirt and nappy and said "i wet the bed i wear a nappy if its good enough for me its good enough for you" he didn't know what to say. Let my wife put his nappy on. A few months later he was dry at night and declared how he was better than me at night time now he was out of Nappies and i wasn't 🙄
Lol, that's awesome!

Reactions: Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
There have been such a lot of different perspectives and points of view expressed about #puddlerfeet's initial post, and all the different responses to it. I find it gratifying to note that there have not been angry and aggressive responses, but lots of well-considered replies. Although I had nothing to do with the original post, I feel gratified and reassured that within the adisc community there are so many people who are willing to carefully consider an issue that might (on the face of it) seem contentious, but nonetheless give it balanced and thoughtful consideration before responding. I feel this is a very positive indication of the great underlying strength of adisc as a supportive and informative community.

Bringing up children to become well-balanced, thoughtful and tolerant people is a task that all of us who are parents, or who have shared or solo responsibilty for looking after children in any capacity, can be a daunting and sometimes lonely task. I know from personal experience that there is no programme or manual that sets out the 'rules of good parenting' for all of us. We all just have to do our very best, and - yes - sometimes we all will - and do - make mistakes! We are human and not infallible.

But I do believe that children for the most part are pretty resilient. Given a caring, nurturing environment and having regular positive contact with adults who genuinely have the child(ren)'s best interests at heart, will ensure that they will survive our occasional mistakes without lasting damage to the development of their personal identity, their self-esteem, and their tolerance and attitude towards other people that they may encounter in life, particularly those who may be 'different' to them in one way or another.

Children who have grown and developed in a genuinely caring and nurturing environment will hopefully grow and be far better prepared to face the many challenges of adolescence, adulthood - and maybe even becoming parents themselves - and be able to make a worthwhile and positive contribution to society as a whole throughout their lives.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Eclectic, Lilschoolfox and 4 others
ianwee said:
There have been such a lot of different perspectives and points of view expressed about #puddlerfeet's initial post, and all the different responses to it. I find it gratifying to note that there have not been angry and aggressive responses, but lots of well-considered replies. Although I had nothing to do with the original post, I feel gratified and reassured that within the adisc community there are so many people who are willing to carefully consider an issue that might (on the face of it) seem contentious, but nonetheless give it balanced and thoughtful consideration before responding. I feel this is a very positive indication of the great underlying strength of adisc as a supportive and informative community.

Bringing up children to become well-balanced, thoughtful and tolerant people is a task that all of us who are parents, or who have shared or solo responsibilty for looking after children in any capacity, can be a daunting and sometimes lonely task. I know from personal experience that there is no programme or manual that sets out the 'rules of good parenting' for all of us. We all just have to do our very best, and - yes - sometimes we all will - and do - make mistakes! We are human and not infallible.

But I do believe that children for the most part are pretty resilient. Given a caring, nurturing environment and having regular positive contact with adults who genuinely have the child(ren)'s best interests at heart, will ensure that they will survive our occasional mistakes without lasting damage to the development of their personal identity, their self-esteem, and their tolerance and attitude towards other people that they may encounter in life, particularly those who may be 'different' to them in one way or another.

Children who have grown and developed in a genuinely caring and nurturing environment will hopefully grow and be far better prepared to face the many challenges of adolescence, adulthood - and maybe even becoming parents themselves - and be able to make a worthwhile and positive contribution to society as a whole throughout their lives.
You are so true! It's not like Fetlife when they just judge you lol for everything on pages or not answer at all.

Reactions: Diprs2 and artemisenterri
My wife
puddlefeet said:
You are so true! It's not like Fetlife when they just judge you lol for everything on pages or not answer at all.
My experiences on FL have been quite trashy... If you don't fit a specific mold, and do exactly as others do, they treat you like dirt or ignore your existence...

• Hug
Reactions: Diprs2, puddlefeet and Lilschoolfox
GoodnitesLover8 said:
I am mixed on this. Obviously, diapers should not be exposed. However, under pants is entirely okay with me even in front of children. Diapers are 90% comfort for me and 10% sexual. When wearing under pants, 100% comfort. Why would that not be okay? Could just say some adults need to wear diapers instead of going to the potty/bathroom.
This is a solid point! I wear for comfort as well. My thing is trying to find a way to wear without them seeing, hearing, feeling anything. This is nigh impossible with a diaper, but if you can conceal it well enough to avoid discovery, I find that a better option than wearing openly. Even still, AB/DL and things of the like I'm aiming to avoid sharing with my children entirely. Concealing a cloth back diaper feels easy enough, but a plastic back is harder to hide. Really depends on what you want to share with your children

• Hug
Reactions: Diprs2, puddlefeet, artemisenterri and 1 other person
If you need to wear, probably better to tell you kids: they will find out sooner or later.

If you wear for fun, well could easily use it as a teaching moment, making kids (when they are ready) aware of acceptance of kinks, making them well rounded. Not to say you’re getting them involved. More using your abdl side to show them “hay this is something I am into, and there are lot of other things people can be into, so don’t be embarrassed about something you might be into”.
And they don’t even need to tell you things they are into: they may even be an abdl themselves, and you can support them from afar to safely go through the early stages of meeting people and going to events etc (again, not going with them, just making them aware of pitfalls and stuff like that).

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, puddlefeet, artemisenterri and 1 other person
longallsboy said:
Where are you from? You mentioned Nordic? Are you from somewhere like Norway or Sweden? I would love to visit Norway actually. Bergen, Norway and the fjord country is definitely on my bucket list of places in the world to visit. There are 7 places I want to visit eventually. Stratford upon Avon, England is another place, because that's where Teletubbies was filmed (and where William Shakespeare was from). Tierra Del Fuego / Ushuaia, Argentina / Punta Arenas, Chile is another, one I've been talking about wanting to visit since I was 12 years old in 7th grade, more than 35 years ago. There are 3 out of the 7 already. I hope I get to go to some of the 7 places before the end of my life.

- longallsboy
I live near starford i visted and went down the telltubby slide also been on ragdoll

• Wow
Reactions: puddlefeet and longallsboy
RojasPuraVida said:
Wow! You learn something new everyday. I knew Shakespeare was from Stratford but had no idea that was where the Teletubbies were filmed. Kind of kicking myself now, my kids loved that show and we live 30 mins drive from there!

If you ever visit there, make sure to have one of the boat tours on the river, worth every penny! The scenery is lovely.
im in evesham , aunt in studly

If you have a medical issue and can't help it, that is fine. Otherwise it just strikes me as inappropriate.

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, puddlefeet and Lilschoolfox
Lilschoolfox said:
I live near starford i visted and went down the telltubby slide also been on ragdoll

You live near Stratford upon Avon? Wow. What do they still have there regarding Teletubbies? My biological parents (I still live with them because of my Autism) happened to be in Stratford back in 2007. There was a Ragdoll store on Chapel Street in Stratford from 1992 to 2005. I didn't know it actually closed down. I actually wanted my parents to get this Teletubbies 40" inch pop up tent. I thought the Ragdoll Shop would have it. My parents searched the street for 1 1/2 hours looking for the place. They stopped at the address which turned out to be a place that was an optometrist shop, and asked if it was the Ragdoll Shop. The guy working there told them it used to be the Ragdoll Shop and that it has closed and became an optometry (eye doctor) shop. My parents were on a bus tour of Scotland, England, Wales, and Ireland. I was at home on the West Coast of the United States. They've been all over Europe by land tours and on cruises 15 times between 1997 and 2019. I have never been to Europe even one time.

When they got back home from that trip, they showed me some videos they had taken. One video they took was taken inside the bus, actually looking out the window at the scenery. I noticed that it looked a lot like Teletubbyland with the hills. Indeed, the bus was on an expressway / freeway and it was right outside of Stratford, so somehow that wasn't surprising. The actual outside TV set of Teletubbies (where it was filmed) was taken on a farm, about 5 miles outside of Stratford, apparently which Ragdoll had a lease for. The Tubbydome and everything else was removed quite a while ago, from what I have read. I have no idea what is still around in Stratford upon Avon regarding Teletubbies now. Funny thing - some of the other Ragdoll productions like Tots TV, I had totally no interest in it and wasn't my cup of tea. I thought Tots TV rather annoying actually. But Teletubbies, I was a major fan. And I was in university in 1998 when it came out!! It did have quite a cult following among college students, ironically, even those it was aimed more at the preschooler / toddler crowd in terms of age. I watched nearly every episode of Teletubbies that was shown on PBS in America.

I still have several Teletubbies backpacks, some of which I bought from an eBay seller from Melbourne, Australia who found it in a toy store in Auckland, New Zealand. I think the backpacks might have only been intended to be sold in New Zealand and maybe Australia .🦘

I eventually did get that Teletubbies pop up tent, in late 2007 or early 2008, from a seller on eBay UK. The seller was from southern England, I remember, like 25 miles southwest of Gatwick Airport / Crawley. So the way southern end of England. Still have the tent in my closet in my bedroom. It's 40 inches high. I bought it for $35 US dollars, and the shipping to me because the tent was rather big was around $35. So that ended up costing me $70+. Well worth it though!

I love Maurice Sendak's Little Bear too!!

Take care

- longallsboy

By the way.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and puddlefeet
Lilschoolfox said:
im in evesham , aunt in studly

Wow, both you and your aunt live close to Stratford. BOTH of you are only about 13-14 miles from Stratford, in different directions though. Stratford basically would almost be your backyard. LOL. Do you go there often? Any Teletubbies stuff still in that area? Have you ever been to William Shakespeare's birthplace?

- longallsboy

Reactions: puddlefeet
I am incontinent following a spinal injury and wear adult nappies 24/7 to manage it. Our three boys now all grown up knew that Daddy had to wear nappies as they would see the wet ones in the bathroom bin. But there is no way I would wear them openly around them. I do try and retain a degree of dignity! It’s my problem and I manage it accordingly.

• Hug
Reactions: Diprs2, puddlefeet and artemisenterri
Lilschoolfox said:

Just curious : did you live in England as a child? How old are you now chronologically? I'm in my late 40s chronologically, but because of my Autism, emotionally and socially I'm like a 4 1/2 year old. I wouldn't necessarily call myself an adult baby though, because generally adult babies actively set aside their maturity. I have no maturity to set aside because 98% of the time I act emotionally and socially like a 4 1/2 year old. Even actual nonautistic toddlers and preschoolers can tell I have some issues with my Autism.

And since you are from England, did you ever love wearing Start Rite T strap (T bar) shoes as a child, or ever wear their one strap Mary Janes back in the 1980s or 1990s? I never did as a child, as little boys wearing T bar shoes were almost non-existent in the 1980s on the West Coast of the United States. It was and is still common among preschool age boys in the Deep South of the United States, though, like Alabama and South Carolina, and often worn with dressy overalls (long-alls) and jon jons and kneesocks. And certainly Prince Harry and William wore overalls with Start Rite T strap shoes and Mary Janes when they were preschoolers in the mid 1980s. Start Rite was actually the shoe manufacturer for ALL of the royal family's children. Clarks also made some nice T strap shoes too. I love the idea of little boys wearing T strap shoes. There are a few children's shoe manufacturers in the Alicante province area of Spain that also made T strap buckle shoes, some of them make as large as size 38 European or even beyond that.

Did you ever wear short pants to school too in primary school?

Take care!

- longallsboy

Last edited:
Reactions: puddlefeet
What are the potential emotional ramifications for your child if they someday find out you use diapers for fun? Safe to say most kids and teens would be shocked; not in a good way. Whether we like it or not, our desires are fringe and, in the eyes of most, cringe.

My child is a part of the reason I gave up diapers a few years ago. It wasn’t easy, and I miss them constantly (which is why I’m here on adisc). But my family is worth it.

• Sad
Reactions: Seug, Diprs2, Pelusos and 3 others
Ellyn said:
I’ve worn diapers from the beginning. We have two teen sons that have known about me needing diapers from a very young age. When they were old enough to recognize the diapers or feel them while on my lap, etc, they have both asked the questions, for which we provided truthful answers. They have never seen my diaper on me except under daytime clothes and my nightshirt. Long ago, we recognized that It’s impossible to hide my diapers from them, especially my thick overnight diapers and felt that explaining the situation in words that they could understand was best.
We have done the same with our son. I’ve been wearing diapers most of my life. He’s seen my diapers from an early age, he knows why I wear them, and he’s even said he’s sorry that I have to deal with urge incontinence. My wife and I just don’t make a big deal out of diapers and we don’t hide them. I do make a point of wearing clothes over them around him. If I had a choice and they were a sexual kink, I would not wear around him at all. I don’t think that is appropriate.

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, puddlefeet, Lilschoolfox and 1 other person
longallsboy said:
Just curious : did you live in England as a child? How old are you now chronologically? I'm in my late 40s chronologically, but because of my Autism, emotionally and socially I'm like a 4 1/2 year old. I wouldn't necessarily call myself an adult baby though, because generally adult babies actively set aside their maturity. I have no maturity to set aside because 98% of the time I act emotionally and socially like a 4 1/2 year old. Even actual nonautistic toddlers and preschoolers can tell I have some issues with my Autism.

And since you are from England, did you ever love wearing Start Rite T strap (T bar) shoes as a child, or ever wear their one strap Mary Janes back in the 1980s or 1990s? I never did as a child, as little boys wearing T bar shoes were almost non-existent in the 1980s on the West Coast of the United States. It was and is still common among preschool age boys in the Deep South of the United States, though, like Alabama and South Carolina, and often worn with dressy overalls (long-alls) and jon jons and kneesocks. And certainly Prince Harry and William wore overalls with Start Rite T strap shoes and Mary Janes when they were preschoolers in the mid 1980s. Start Rite was actually the shoe manufacturer for ALL of the royal family's children. Clarks also made some nice T strap shoes too. I love the idea of little boys wearing T strap shoes. There are a few children's shoe manufacturers in the Alicante province area of Spain that also made T strap buckle shoes, some of them make as large as size 38 European or even beyond that.

Did you ever wear short pants to school too in primary school?

Take care!

- longallsboy
Still live in England im astuisc not as sevre as u i can soclize, i go to special needs group, im 34 but play 10 i have a daddy

Eclectic said:
We have done the same with our son. I’ve been wearing diapers most of my life. He’s seen my diapers from an early age, he knows why I wear them, and he’s even said he’s sorry that I have to deal with urge incontinence. My wife and I just don’t make a big deal out of diapers and we don’t hide them. I do make a point of wearing clothes over them around him. If I had a choice and they were a sexual kink, I would not wear around him at all. I don’t think that is appropriate.
love the profile pic tai and matt where my gay awkeing

PaddedinHaslet said:
I have never and will never wear exposed diapers around my kids. I typically won’t even wear a concealed diaper at all around them. Not quite the same thing, but once when my oldest son was maybe around 2 or 3 years old, he woke up in the middle of the night saying he had to use the restroom. Note that I usually sleep in a T-shirt and boxers every night. I got up from bed, met him at the restroom and he sat down on the toilet. I then noticed something on the floor so i knelt down to get it. I then hear my son say “daddy, why are you wearing mommy’s underwear?” A warm wave washed over my whole body when I realized I had worn my wife’s panties to bed that night as I sometimes did. Being half asleep when he came to our room, I didn’t even think about it. They were red satin bikini briefs. I just froze and didn’t know what to say. I just stupidly said “these are mine, not mommies” and he gave me this puzzled look. That was at least 16 years ago and I will never forget this puzzled look. He finished up, we wiped and then he went back to bed. It was never spoken about again and I chose never to bring it up.
Do you ever wonder if that had some sort of impact on him? I'm not sure what impact or do you think he totally forgotten about it?

Vinylfeet said:
Can you clarify what you mean by onesie? Classic onesie with snap crotch or footed/footless sleeper? A classic onesie wouldn’t have been something I’d have openly worn around my kids. Until the oldest was about 4, I wore a diaper under a footed sleeper most nights to bed. My wife wanted to take the position that they should learn to be who you are. But that’s leaving out all the other factors, like the kids blabbing everything to teachers and friends, and compromising my authority position as they got older. So my footed pjs are in hiding since then. Age 4 seemed to be as far as I could push it. But the kids are pre teens now and I still wear diapers well concealed under clothes and they haven’t figured it out. When they bust me I’ll tell them it’s because I wet the bed which is true technically but rare. It’s really more because I sleep very poorly if I have to get up 4+ times per night to pee. They know my bladder is not great because when not diapered I have to stop to pee everywhere. And I’m approaching a point where 24/7 may be needed. I can’t live my life without diapers but I do my best to keep the kids from knowing any sooner than needed.
This is the onesie I actually wore last night and fed her this morning with it on. Will talk on it about a post later. I have some great thoughts about it tbh!

artemisenterri said:
My wife

My experiences on FL have been quite trashy... If you don't fit a specific mold, and do exactly as others do, they treat you like dirt or ignore your existence...
Agreed! Especially that one page dedicated to asking females questions. It doesn't matter how polite or proper you ask, seems like it's just there to ridicule men.

Reactions: artemisenterri
Back