Waterproof Mattress Protector Recommendations

PupDean

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I'm looking to buy a Waterproof Mattress Protector, would there be any you would recommend? I need one for my bed but I don't really know where to start. I always just bought disposable bed protectors but I need something I can reuse so I don't have to constantly be spending money on them. Any help is greatly appreciated 🧡

So you want something that's water proof but also has some sort of cloth outer cover or you sleep on a very loud crinkly bed. I have one that I unfortunately can't remember the brand that's also a cooling sheet. Not necessarily a need but if you like sleeping cool it's a dream.
Even though I have a mattress protector I still sleep on a soaker pad just incase it's easier to wash than to strip the mattress protector & sheets

Reactions: Angelapinks, newAB43 and PupDean
Sleep Tite TENCEL™ Smooth Mattress Protector <- This is the one I use, from Mattress Firm. It's a bit spendy compared to some but it's clothlike, no loud crinkle at all and I've had a decent diaper leak on it and I couldn't find any wet spot on the mattress.

Reactions: Angelapinks and PupDean
I like the one from walmart because it is so crinkly. That might not be a selling point for you though, but I love to climb into bed and hear the mattress protector scream at me for being a bedwetter. I used this under my sheets as a backup, and a goodnites bedmat over the sheets to help manage leaks.

--https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Waterproof-EVA-Fitted-Mattress-Protector-King/723595074

1690391988613.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks, Wetshisbed and babyky
I've been using one of these recently, fairly cheap and not the best quality I've ever seen but does seem to do the job, I've had many leaks some quite big and not noticed any wetness on the mattress afterward, these go on like a fitted sheet but unlike some others the waterproofing goes around the sides too not just the top.

Pretty much silent and easy to put on and off under other sheets, one bigger drawback to this type is that the bed and top sheets definitely feel wet and it can spread a fair bit but it does work to protect the mattress.

fitted waterproof protectors like this can work well to save a mattress and can come as either "fitted Sheet" style or fully enclosed zip around. they can use different material for waterproofing like PVC, Vinyl or PUL and if you really go digging you might be ably to find some older style Rubber ones. they have different levels of effectiveness and noise level with PUL being probably the best all round but more costly.

A bonus to these is that they look just like any other normal fitted sheet/cover when drying on the line, you would never tell its waterproof just by looking at it.

I also have a couple of pads like these which are also commonly known in the care industry (at least in the UK) as "Kylie Pads". they have a thick absorbent core (these ones say they hold 3000ml for a single size) often with a feel dry top layer (like a cloth diaper) and a waterproof bottom layer, two sides have "wings" which tuck under the sides of a mattress to hold them in place making them even easier to fit and remove. They can be very effective if you get the right length and positioning and unlike the other type if you can get the slightly more expensive ones with a feel dry top they don't feel very wet.

The downside of these is that if you get the position wrong, wriggle around a lot or have a really heavy wetting they can leak off the edges and onto the mattress so they are best used with a cheaper fitted sheet type to protect the mattress then a kylie pad on top to soak any wee up and make cleaning/changing the bedding easier (if it hasn't leaked onto the protector just change the pad and sheets). Another downside is that they are pretty obvious what the are when drying on a line.

***Edit to add.
The kylie pads are very much like the disposable protectors you can buy just washable but as an added bonus depending on the size you need may also be usable for chairs, make great changing mats and can easily be taken to other places you may need them (camping, hotels etc.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks
I have had several from Walmart and thankfully most have been quiet but all sleep hot so I've learned to put two regular mattress protectors over the waterproof one for better sleep.

SparkyDog said:
So you want something that's water proof but also has some sort of cloth outer cover or you sleep on a very loud crinkly bed. I have one that I unfortunately can't remember the brand that's also a cooling sheet. Not necessarily a need but if you like sleeping cool it's a dream.
Even though I have a mattress protector I still sleep on a soaker pad just incase it's easier to wash than to strip the mattress protector & sheets
Yes, I do the same thing. I have a waterproof mattress cover, but sleep on my waterproof change mat for extra protection.

Reactions: Angelapinks
I loved hearing a nice crinkly vinyl mattress cover . It was as much a turn on as hearing my crinkly diaper I was wearing into bed for the night.

Reactions: newAB43 and Wetshisbed
patrick1776 said:
I like the one from walmart because it is so crinkly. That might not be a selling point for you though, but I love to climb into bed and hear the mattress protector scream at me for being a bedwetter. I used this under my sheets as a backup, and a goodnites bedmat over the sheets to help manage leaks.

--https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Waterproof-EVA-Fitted-Mattress-Protector-King/723595074

View attachment 114398
Mine is something similar and is quite noisy.

PupDean said:
I'm looking to buy a Waterproof Mattress Protector, would there be any you would recommend? I need one for my bed but I don't really know where to start. I always just bought disposable bed protectors but I need something I can reuse so I don't have to constantly be spending money on them. Any help is greatly appreciated 🧡
Scour Amazon and read the reviews. There's a mindboggling array of products, from cheap PVC, to mattresses which are fully waterproof by design.
The EVA and PEVA type are very cinkly; I got an EVA one, some years ago, primarily to make pants from, but with a view to buying one for my mattress, but the material is far too loud (no good in a house with paperthin walls).
I spent my childhood with industrial waste bags on my mattresses, so I kind of enjoy the peace and quiet, nowadays.
My current, and it's newly bought [possible] replacement [we'll how the old one is when I do a full strip] are just cheap PVC ones (£1:20; they're about 4 to 5 quid on Amazon).

Last edited:
We also use Mainstays-Waterproof-EVA-Fitted-Mattress-Protector that came from Mal-Mart also !

Reactions: newAB43 and Angelapinks
I use these, this for the mattress...https://www.hallidayhealthcare.com/Products/continence-care/chair-bed-protection/bed-protection/eva-dry-waterproof-single-matt/COV02

And this for the duvet ..... https://www.hallidayhealthcare.com/...otection/eva-dry-waterproof-single-duve/COV05

they last a long time and have a nice but not too loud crinkle. As i have said in the past I would love a real full rubber cover like I had as a child and stayed on the bed until I left home. These are difficult to find now.

The alternatives mentioned that have the cloth tops, and the waterproof protection embedded ,require a fair amount of a washing if they get wet – which let’s face it is the reason you have it on your bed in the first place. Contrast that with a good old fashioned rubber sheet that if it gets peed on, you simply wipe it down with soupy water and dry it with a towel.
l

Reactions: newAB43, Belarin, sissybaby34 and 1 other person
iampadded said:
The alternatives mentioned that have the cloth tops, and the waterproof protection embedded ,require a fair amount of a washing if they get wet – which let’s face it is the reason you have it on your bed in the first place. Contrast that with a good old fashioned rubber sheet that if it gets peed on, you simply wipe it down with soupy water and dry it with a towel.
l
Yeah I would quite like an old rubber one for this reason but I also sweat a lot especially in summer and a rubber sheet would make that so much worse.

Hi Dean, I would recommend Amazon, they carry a fairly large range encompassing all bed sizes, and budgets. As I don't know the size of bed you wish to cover or the amount you wish to spend? However all of the options they stock are machine washable. They carry an extensive range with all manner of topping. You can go for a vinyl backed with cloth topped version or quilted option. It really depends on your own preferences? If you are a prime user you will benefit from free rapid delivery. If you do a search for waterproof mattress protector or waterproof bedding, then you should find your options are limitless. Even if you choose to purchase elsewhere you should be able to get good ideas using as Amazon as a search engine. Good Look. :)

Back