Waterproof diaper cover at waterpark. Input and suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLeazy928

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
This year I'll be going to Holiday World. Probably towards the end of the summer season. I am curious. Are diaper covers a viable option to keep water from leaking in? I won't be getting into the wave pool or lazy river. But I want to go on the slides. Are there products with good enough leg and waists to keep water from getting inside and saturating my padding? I know "waterproof" can only go so far and be effective to a certain extent. If there's not quality products to buy I'll skip being padded while in the water park and change into fresh padding when we've finished spending time at the water park. Im not incontinent. I wear for anxiety and I know I'd have a more positive experience standing in line if I was wearing padding.

Reactions: Edgewater
Nope. I've never seen ANYTHING that will keep water OUT of a diaper. I've done thousands of hours wading while fishing and even if you only get the lowest part of the diaper "wet", the inside is getting wet too and I've tried various out waterproof pants. Anymore I simply remove my diaper before wading and put it back on when done so I don't waste/ruin a diaper. I'm actually surprised anyone ever asked this question. i did my share of "research" on this and unless you're willing to use a waterproof type tape to wrap around your legs and waist (most uncomfortable), there's nothing I know of to keep water out.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and CLeazy928
CptKirk said:
Nope. I've never seen ANYTHING that will keep water OUT of a diaper. I've done thousands of hours wading while fishing and even if you only get the lowest part of the diaper "wet", the inside is getting wet too and I've tried various out waterproof pants. Anymore I simply remove my diaper before wading and put it back on when done so I don't waste/ruin a diaper. I'm actually surprised anyone ever asked this question. i did my share of "research" on this and unless you're willing to use a waterproof type tape to wrap around your legs and waist (most uncomfortable), there's nothing I know of to keep water out.
Thanks for that input. I did some searches but the results always led me to views about keeping fluid in not keeping fluid out. With that I'll definitely just change into padding after we've finished at the waterpark. Being wet and soggy isn't my vibe lol

Well first are you wearing because your IC or because you just wanting to wear? If IC then there should be products out there if not IC then don't do it cause you could expose others that don't want to be exposed to it

Reactions: Edgewater and CLeazy928
Littledragon87 said:
Well first are you wearing because your IC or because you just wanting to wear? If IC then there should be products out there if not IC then don't do it cause you could expose others that don't want to be exposed to it
Not IC but I wouldn't be exposing others to it. I have long shirts with crotch snaps that help keep my shirts tucked in. But with Kirk's input I'll just be waiting to change until after we've finished at the waterpark🤙

Nope, unfortunately no such thing exists yet. Even swim diapers are only made for holding stool inside, but they´re not absorbent at all.

If you want to feel some padding, then maybe you could try a cloth diaper underneath large and loose swim trunks.

Have fun!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CLeazy928 and Edgewater
DinoFrant said:
Nope, unfortunately no such thing exists yet. Even swim diapers are only made for holding stool inside, but they´re not absorbent at all.

If you want to feel some padding, then maybe you could try a cloth diaper underneath large and loose swim trunks.

Have fun!
Thanks for that input! I've never worn a cloth diaper. I always thought they had to have inserts which would be ineffective around water. I would probably compromise with a cloth product if it they had thick varieties for significant padding around the butt. I always assumed that cloth padding needed inserts so I never looked into them to gain any knowledge about them.

Reactions: DinoFrant
CLeazy928 said:
I wear for anxiety and I know I'd have a more positive experience standing in line if I was wearing padding.
The "Swim Diaper" has only one goal, and that is to 'attempt' to contain solids! Urine free folds out and 'with hope' the solids stay within.

Reactions: DinoFrant, CLeazy928 and SparkyDog
Edgewater said:
The "Swim Diaper" has only one goal, and that is to 'attempt' to contain solids! Urine free folds out and 'with hope' the solids stay within.
Well aware of the purpose of swim diapers which is why I didn't bring them up. Not looking to hold anything in was only looking in hopes of keeping water out. But if diaper covers aren't the answer then I'll just be changing after enjoying the waterpark.

• Angry
CLeazy928 said:
Well aware of the purpose of swim diapers which is why I didn't bring them up. Not looking to hold anything in was only looking in hopes of keeping water out. But if diaper covers aren't the answer then I'll just be changing after enjoying the waterpark.
That's your best bet
unfortunately no way to keep your diaper dry while you swim

Reactions: CLeazy928 and Edgewater
I have used these to go swimming at the park, they work amazing at keep the water out

1706548534414.png

• Love
Reactions: diaperdude and CLeazy928
sbuck1963 said:
I have used these to go swimming at the park, they work amazing at keep the water out

View attachment 129055
OMG thank you for linking this product. I'm not convinced that they would do the trick but this is definitely a step in the right direction for me to find out more information and gain more opinion about the product.

CLeazy928 said:
OMG thank you for linking this product. I'm not convinced that they would do the trick but this is definitely a step in the right direction for me to find out more information and gain more opinion about the product.
i have used them dozen or times swimming in a lake no issues, few times used them in pool as well, lol stay away from the water jets that will fill up the diaper,
in lake they keep the inner diaper liner dry, the out diaper plastic sometimes does get bit of moister on it.
They are snug to put on over diaper so sometimes does catch the body fur pulling them up, ouch

Last edited:
Reactions: CLeazy928
sbuck1963 said:
i have used them dozen or times swimming in a lake no issues, few times used them in pool as well, lol stay away from the water jets that will fill up the diaper,
in lake they keep the inner diaper liner dry, the out diaper plastic sometimes does get bit of moister on it.
They are snug to put on over diaper so sometimes does catch the body fur pulling them up, ouch
I really appreciate your input. Thank you for sharing your experience with the product. How do you feel the sizing is? According to their sizing I would need a medium. But I would consider a small if it helped create a tighter waist and leg seal. I won't be in deep water. I stay away from the wave pool and lazy river. I would only be in the shallow pools climbing out of the slides which I think is just below waist deep for me and those moments are super short as I takes no time to get out of the water at the end of the slides.

CLeazy928 said:
If you look at K Huck YouTube channel rubber diaper cover search .To get to his channel. He tested those on YouTube in the pool.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240129-122000~2.png
    Screenshot_20240129-122000~2.png
    444.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
foxkits said:
If you look at K Huck YouTube channel tykeable unicorns diaper review search .To get to his channel. He tested those on YouTube in the pool.
Heck yeah. I'll look it up! Thanks for sharing!

CLeazy928 said:
Thanks for that input! I've never worn a cloth diaper. I always thought they had to have inserts which would be ineffective around water. I would probably compromise with a cloth product if it they had thick varieties for significant padding around the butt. I always assumed that cloth padding needed inserts so I never looked into them to gain any knowledge about them.
I think that you´re referring to diaper covers, which require inserts to work properly. Actually cloth diapers do have significant padding around the butt and most likely they´ll absorb water from the pool, but the advantage is that they won´t swell up to give you a huge-looking bottom like a disposable would.

You could also try with padded cloth training pants but initially I had these in mind https://rearz.ca/omutsu-bulky-nighttime-cloth-diaper---white/

DinoFrant said:
I think that you´re referring to diaper covers, which require inserts to work properly. Actually cloth diapers do have significant padding around the butt and most likely they´ll absorb water from the pool, but the advantage is that they won´t swell up to give you a huge-looking bottom like a disposable would.

You could also try with padded cloth training pants but initially I had these in mind https://rearz.ca/omutsu-bulky-nighttime-cloth-diaper---white/
Yes I do believe I was relying on my ignorance to ask my original question thank you for helping me clear up and be more informed. I always thought that covers were just that. A plastic / rubber material just like plastic/rubber pants. I didn't realize diaper covers and plastic pants/underwear were different products. I thought that diaper covers could either be cloth or plastic material and I thought the cloth diapers required inserts. Thank you for helping me understand the difference between them. That product seems like a reasonable idea to investigate further. Since I'm not IC my concern was never to hold things in. It's simply to feel secure and safe when around so many people. A cloth diaper might provide that level of security and comfort and would allow me to stay in the water longer as it would eventually dry out. My next question I guess would be. How long does it typically take a cloth diaper to dry? I could imagine that the wet padding would take considerably longer to try than say my trunks. Since it's not waste being wet and drying out wouldn't bother me so much if this is the best route.

Reactions: DinoFrant
CLeazy928 said:
Yes I do believe I was relying on my ignorance to ask my original question thank you for helping me clear up and be more informed. I always thought that covers were just that. A plastic / rubber material just like plastic/rubber pants. I didn't realize diaper covers and plastic pants/underwear were different products. I thought that diaper covers could either be cloth or plastic material and I thought the cloth diapers required inserts. Thank you for helping me understand the difference between them. That product seems like a reasonable idea to investigate further. Since I'm not IC my concern was never to hold things in. It's simply to feel secure and safe when around so many people. A cloth diaper might provide that level of security and comfort and would allow me to stay in the water longer as it would eventually dry out. My next question I guess would be. How long does it typically take a cloth diaper to dry? I could imagine that the wet padding would take considerably longer to try than say my trunks. Since it's not waste being wet and drying out wouldn't bother me so much if this is the best route.
I´m glad I could help; that´s the main purpose of this forum. I had pretty much the same confussion before I tried cloth diapers and actually in my first purchase I only bought the diaper cover thinking it´d be a complete diaper; luckily I had also bought padded training pants that I could use in lieu of the cloth diaper until I got one later on.

Normally my cloth diapers dry overnight, provided they´re squeezed properly, but since you´ll be going in the pool anyway I guess them being completely dry would not be a priority for you; just don´t forget to wash them if you go in them.

Last edited:
  • Love
Swim diapers for adults are a cover.
Some baby swim diapers are a snap pul diaper. The cloth incert does not swell. Swim diaper As to contain floaters in the pool. But with a cloth snap diaper does have poofy bottom because of incerts .
You could do a cloth training pant with a pull on cover or pul cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back