Was anyone ever told you’re in a diaper just use it or diapered after potty training as a child?

You all are so lucky to have these memories. I bet you didn't feel lucky at the time, but to reflect back as an AB/DL/IC person who likes diapers must be great.

The only diapering memory I have as a kid was when my mom told me that she was changing me out of my last diaper. I remember protesting that, but it did no good. She bribed me with ice cream and it worked.

I was in cloth diapers back then. When I was about 10, I discovered that she was using them as dusting cloths. I would wear them in my underwear, but I was too afraid to wet them. My mid section back then probably smelled like Lemon Pledge!

Before that, probably 8 years old or so, I remember telling my best friend that I liked diapers. He immediately laughed and told his parents. I was mortified and denied everything. As a kid, I always wanted diapers. I would linger in the diaper aisle at the grocery store just taking that wonderful scent in. I would give anything to be that age again.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL and Woncrinklz
thickdiapers said:
You all are so lucky to have these memories. I bet you didn't feel lucky at the time, but to reflect back as an AB/DL/IC person must be great.

The only diapering memory I have as a kid was when my mom told me that she was changing me out of my last diaper. I remember protesting that, but it did no good. She bribed me with ice cream and it worked.

I was in cloth diapers back then. When I was about 10, I discovered that she was using them as dusting cloths. I would wear them in my underwear, but I was too afraid to wet them. My mid section back then probably smelled like Lemon Pledge!

Before that, probably 8 years old or so, I remember telling my best friend that I liked diapers. He immediately laughed and told his parents. I was mortified and denied everything. As a kid, I always wanted diapers. I would linger in the diaper aisle at the grocery store just taking that wonderful scent in. I would give anything to be that age again.
You protested because she was diapering you or it was your last time and you didn't want it to end?

FastBlackRX7 said:
You protested because she was diapering you or it was your last time and you didn't want it to end?
I protested because I didn't want it to end.

I can’t remember potty training or before, so do not recall ever being told to use my diaper. I did suggest I should be put in one a couple of times after having accidents, but never was taken up on my offer. It’s not quite what the OP described, but there were a few times when I wasn't diapered, but needed to go and we couldn’t get to a bathroom in time, so I was told it was ok to go in my pants. Once at about age 5, I waited until the last minute to ask to stop on a car trip when I had to poop. My mom told me if I couldn’t wait, just go and we would take care of it at the next rest stop. When I heard that, I just let go and went in my pants. My brother was still in diapers, and I hoped maybe my mom would put me in one after my accident, but she just helped me clean up and put on fresh underwear.

Another time I was a little older and we were stuck in standstill traffic behind a jack-knifed semi-truck that spilled a load of steel beams across the freeway. Both my brother and I needed to pee, and after over an hour of holding it were told to just sit on a blanket we had in the back seat and go, letting the blanket soak it up. We were stopped for about two hours, and my mom also peed her pants before we started moving. As long as I could remember, I enjoyed pants wetting and messing, so going in my pants when told it was ok wasn’t embarrassing, especially when my brother and mom had accidents, too.

The last time was in middle school when I was returning from a long school trip on a charter bus with a broken bathroom. I was desperate to pee when we made it back to the school in the evening, and had to wait outside the locked school with nowhere to go until my parents picked me up. I made it until my parents arrived without an accident, and thought I could make it home. About halfway there, I started to leak. I told my parents I had needed to pee for hours and now it was hurting to hold, my pants were a little wet, and I didn’t know if I could make it home. It was late at night with nowhere to stop on the way, so my mom said since I was in pain and already wet, it was ok to just let go. I kept holding and didn’t totally lose control, but my pants were pretty soaked by the time we were home. Oddly, at this age I was still fantasizing about accidents and regularly wetting my pants and diapers in private, but when it happened for real, it was traumatic and I was very embarrassed, even though only my parents knew what happened and never shamed me for it.

The one time I recall being put in a diaper after potty training, I was told not to wet it, but did anyway. When I was about 6, we visited a grandmotherly family friend and ended up swimming in their pool in our shorts because we didn’t take swimsuits. Afterward, our friend got us dry pants she had from her grandchildren. I complained that without underwear, the pants were too uncomfortable, so she found a Pampers diaper, the 1970s fanfold style, and put it on me. I feigned apprehension about wearing a diaper, but was secretly thrilled to have a crinkly Pampers under my pants. My mom said it wasn’t to be used, but I couldn’t resist and wet it while playing outside, then again on the way home. When my mom discovered it was soaked, she was not happy.

Reactions: sinceiwassmall and Jamas
thickdiapers said:
You all are so lucky to have these memories. I bet you didn't feel lucky at the time, but to reflect back as an AB/DL/IC person who likes diapers must be great.

I got a good laugh out of your Pledge story.
I used to look for all the old cloth diapers, too. Then my mom found out, and they "Magically disappeared".:mad::ROFLMAO: She was onto me, tho.:giggle::devilish:

Reactions: thickdiapers
thickdiapers said:
I protested because I didn't want it to end.
What age were you when your mom stoped diapering you ?

Last edited:
dltip420 said:
I am curious if anyone has memories of being given permission to use their diaper or straight up told to use it. I knew someone as a kid whose parents would put them in diapers for roadtrips. They were just expected to go in their diaper if they couldn’t stop in time.
Yes, on road trips to avoid frequent rest stops which added to the trip time.

FastBlackRX7 said:
What age were you when your mom stoped diapering you ?
2 or 3 I think. Not sure exactly. It's one of the only memories I have of that time of my life.

Only once that I can remember. On a ten-hour road trip. I think I was eight. Diapers weren’t unusual for me especially on car trips but being told to just use one on purpose felt very strange. Parents were very exasperated. They tried to have me go in a bottle early on and I ended up making a mess. After that they’d just tell me to go and we’d worry about it when we’d stop.

It was super hot out. I was sitting in between my siblings with just the diaper on.
Vividly remember being walked around at the rest stops in just a diaper and sandals to go and get changed with my mom in the ladies room. Definetly got a lot of looks lol. On the way to the vacation spot, all the clothes were in the suitcases, in the travel container tied to the top of the minivan, and my parents refused to go through the hassle of getting any clothes out. I was pretty upset initially when I had to walk out in public in them, but I think they just figured it wasn’t like I’d see anyone who’d know me. On the way back home we kept some clothes in the car and I could actually cover up a bit

Reactions: AJFan2020
I had to wear tape on diapers (usually Huggies) at night until age 6 when I got to switch to Pull-Ups. However, if there was going to be a car trip in which I might fall asleep, or evening travel (which was common - we'd often go to my grandparents' about 45 minutes away after dinner and overnight) I'd be diapered up before we left. My parents didn't want any taking it off and putting it back on, so once it was on it was on until morning, for pee anyway. Poop was an exception to the rule.

Actually I do remember it happening. When I was in kindergarten, 1st and maybe even second grade the baby sitter decided it was easier to just diaper me when I was there... Rather than diapering me only for nap times.... Often times I would fall asleep before nap time and that would cause a wet couch or floor or chair... After a couple times of that happening I was running around in nothing but a diaper and tee shirt(weather permitting)

At first I would always ask to use the potty... But she would always say, "Nope, sorry kiddo... If I take your Pampers off now then I'll need to put a new one on you... Pampers ain't cheap...I'm not changing you till you use it... That's what it's for little man..."

So I would just use it... If I needed to pee, or poop... Eventually I did t even think about it... I was barely potty trained after that first summer

I never understood why she called them Pampers... They were a store brand, plastic backed, with balloons that faded when I peed.

Anyways I would eventually just get to her house and she would diaper me a long with the other kids that wet or pooped themselves

If it was the summertime my mom would put me in real Pampers, I remember Mickey and Donald and that yellow dog... And I think teddy bears? Also another diaper that was baby blue with some characters... So I would wake up and get my bedtime diaper changed, go to the babysitter and usually pee my diaper before I got there... Eat breakfast and usually poop my diaper then get changed and, pee a few times and eat lunch poop my diaper a hour later... Usually while outside playing so I would just keep playing... Get changed once or twice before mom picked me up...

Go home and eat dinner... Oftentimes during the summer it was diapers 24/7... Even though I only needed them to sleep

Honestly I barely noticed I was wetting or even pooping by the end of the first summer...

• Love
Reactions: Prime69, dancerboy, parktochter and 2 others
I remember after having my first bedwetting accident at my caretaker's place, she was reluctant for me to experience another bedwetting moment and therefore placed me in diapers to protect her furniture. She encouraged me to use my diaper and at first I wasn't having any of it, but I remember after trying to soil in my diapers and I did it successfully, she applauded me for using the diaper.

And for a little bit after, she congratulated me after every wetting I did in my diaper. It was a nice feeling to experience.

thickdiapers said:
I went out and bought out the last of the Gerber prefolds at Target just because they make wonderful cloths for cleaning vehicles & furniture. The old ones we had were pretty ratty and from when I was a kid and needed to be junked.

I remember one time when I was either 5 or 6 around the holidays when we were leaving our relatives house after a Christmas party. It was sleeting and snowing on our way home and I can remember announcing from the back seat that I had to pee. My dad said there was no place to stop and I should just pee in my diaper. It felt strange to be given permission to wet my diaper when they had been trying so hard to get me to stop wetting the bed. I can remember the feeling of letting go and feeling that flood of warmth in my pants. I think I fell asleep shortly after that and I’m not sure if they changed me or not before putting me to bed when we got home. I vaguely remember waking up in my own bed wet.

UnderTheRadar said:
Actually I do remember it happening. When I was in kindergarten, 1st and maybe even second grade the baby sitter decided it was easier to just diaper me when I was there... Rather than diapering me only for nap times.... Often times I would fall asleep before nap time and that would cause a wet couch or floor or chair... After a couple times of that happening I was running around in nothing but a diaper and tee shirt(weather permitting)

At first I would always ask to use the potty... But she would always say, "Nope, sorry kiddo... If I take your Pampers off now then I'll need to put a new one on you... Pampers ain't cheap...I'm not changing you till you use it... That's what it's for little man..."

So I would just use it... If I needed to pee, or poop... Eventually I did t even think about it... I was barely potty trained after that first summer

I never understood why she called them Pampers... They were a store brand, plastic backed, with balloons that faded when I peed.

Anyways I would eventually just get to her house and she would diaper me a long with the other kids that wet or pooped themselves

If it was the summertime my mom would put me in real Pampers, I remember Mickey and Donald and that yellow dog... And I think teddy bears? Also another diaper that was baby blue with some characters... So I would wake up and get my bedtime diaper changed, go to the babysitter and usually pee my diaper before I got there... Eat breakfast and usually poop my diaper then get changed and, pee a few times and eat lunch poop my diaper a hour later... Usually while outside playing so I would just keep playing... Get changed once or twice before mom picked me up...

Go home and eat dinner... Oftentimes during the summer it was diapers 24/7... Even though I only needed them to sleep

Honestly I barely noticed I was wetting or even pooping by the end of the first summer...
Wow! Definitely jealous of that kind of treatment from the babysitter. Being in diapers 24/7 for a whole summer would have been a dream. We had a neighbor that ran a daycare when I was a kid and I always imagined myself being in there getting diapered but sadly that never happened.

I remember beeing told that on long car rides.

Reactions: kjluvs
southeastlittle said:
Wow! Definitely jealous of that kind of treatment from the babysitter. Being in diapers 24/7 for a whole summer would have been a dream. We had a neighbor that ran a daycare when I was a kid and I always imagined myself being in there getting diapered but sadly that never happened.
Honestly I think the baby sitter just diapered any kid that had accidents to save her the cleanup... Then started diapering the kids that had sleep accidents before they went to sleep... Eventually this lead to accidents because she didn't want to take a clean diaper off and risk tearing the plastic or tape?

Then when you had a few daytime accidents she would tell your mom that you need diapers in the day... Which lead to wearing diapers in the day... Which lead to more accidents, which further supported the 'need' for diapers

Weird thing is I didn't have a whole bunch of accidents in school... But I do recall wearing pullups with Mickey mouse on them in kindergarten, 1st and maybe second... I also recall going to the nurse to get cleaned up a few times... One time she said I was out of pullups, my mom had forgot to send new ones... She just put me in a baby blue diaper with some cartoons on it and put my pants back on... I wet my diaper at least twice and had to get changed by the nurse

Other than that

Reactions: kjluvs and knottylego
diapered4evadan919 said:
I was 4 and in daycare and I was potty trained and the daycare staff put a diaper on me and my brother
Why?

Reactions: mbta12
I wet the bed as a child and would be put into nappies if we had a long car journey in case I fell asleep. So if I needed a wee I would just use my nappy. Many years later I had a spinal injury in my mid 20s and started wetting the bed again. If I went on long journeys in the car, train or flying I would always wear a nappy just in case I fell asleep but I must admit that sometimes I did just use it as it was so much easier! Now I don’t have any choice as my bladder problems have got much worse and I have to wear nappies 24/7 as I don’t have any feeling of needing to wee and will only know I am weeing when I can feel my nappy getting wet.

Reactions: Lyric and kjluvs
Back