Waking up wet

Status
Not open for further replies.

justneedhelp

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
If I'm constantly waking up at night because of a wet diaper, does that mean it's not fitting well? I'm fully sleeping through the wetting unfortunately. I'm pregnant and having a regression to bedwetting after being dry for years. Mainly from urge and pressure and just not waking up and being able to hold it. I don't want to have accidents so it's very upsetting. But I'm tired of waking up because of a wet diaper and wish I could either wake up to pee or sleep through the night. It takes me forever to get back to sleep. Any tips? I sleep in Goodnites and the absorbency works fine for me because I think I only wet once. I've tried setting alarms which sometimes works.

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, nectar0001, Jorelaxed and 2 others
My first thought is that maybe the "Goodnites" are not good enough? Perhaps you could try a real nighttime diaper, there are options even in small.
The better diapers do not feel wet to me, until they are soaked. I am sure it is worth a try.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jorelaxed, cloakplt and 3 others
If you have the wet "feeling" I would think better protection is in order. I can't imagine goodnights having enough padding to gel away a full adult nighttime wetting.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jorelaxed, newAB43 and 1 other person
justneedhelp said:
But I'm tired of waking up because of a wet diaper and wish I could either wake up to pee or sleep through the night. It takes me forever to get back to sleep. Any tips?
Trying more serious diapers might be a thing that could help. When I started wearing the 6000ml (and higher) diapers I noticed that I noticed the wetness less and found wearing the wet diaper as more comfortable than before.

On the 'getting back to sleep' part, I'd look at your diet, caffeine intake, movement/sport trough the day, sleep habits, water intake... They all influence your sleep pattern.
I'd ask:
  • when do you have your last meal? And snacks?
  • When do you generally go to bed? And fall asleep?
  • How much coffee do you drink and when during the day? How about some soft drinks?
  • Do you have enough exercise?
  • How much water do you drink?

Reactions: Diprs2, Jorelaxed, newAB43 and 1 other person
I also agree that Goodnights are not particularly suitable for adults, you'd sleep better with better protection. If you call the good people over at https://www.northshorecare.com/ they can discuss what's best for you and send you samples to try for free so you can sleep better. If you don't want to talk with them, they also have a form you can fill out and try up to 6 different items.

I would suggest trying both pull-up and tape-on options, and see which one allows you to sleep the best.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Jorelaxed, newAB43 and 2 others
LittleBelgianPrince said:
Trying more serious diapers might be a thing that could help. When I started wearing the 6000ml (and higher) diapers I noticed that I noticed the wetness less and found wearing the wet diaper as more comfortable than before.

On the 'getting back to sleep' part, I'd look at your diet, caffeine intake, movement/sport trough the day, sleep habits, water intake... They all influence your sleep pattern.
I'd ask:
  • when do you have your last meal? And snacks?
  • When do you generally go to bed? And fall asleep?
  • How much coffee do you drink and when during the day? How about some soft drinks?
  • Do you have enough exercise?
  • How much water do you drink?
Also consider limiting the amount of LED lighting into the evening. This is especially important, if your home has increased the number of LED lighting as their use into the night can change sleeping habits. So, as evening starts, begin turning-off LED lights to a point that only the light from a TV or night light is the only light.

For the OP:
- The addition of Bedwetting during Pregnancy does happen and may last though your full Pregnancy. Commonly, you will regain your continence within two to three months after you give birth.
- Premium adult night time diapers will provide you more comfort as they are designed to absorb adult size releases. Northshore has a great customer service group and you will find them very help full.
- Northshore Trifecta plastic pant provides a greater level of security while wearing adult diapers.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Jorelaxed
I agree with the above, however the 6000ml diapers may be too thick if you are used to Goodnites. Thick diapers can have the same effect, making it hard to sleep until you are used to them. you may test this theory with something mid-range like Tranquility Smartcore or ATN. You won’t feel wetness in those.

Also, try baby powder. I use a moderate amount and it really counteracts that “clammy” feeling in my diaper.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Goodnites are for kids & youth
Time to upgrade to an adult diaper
You will sleep much better

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Jorelaxed, chamberpot and 1 other person
It might take some getting used to, but a tabbed adult diaper will not induce the same wet feeling as the goodnights on your skin. It sounds like a give and take, if you can get used to the feeling of the adult diaper, I think you might sleep more soundly

Reactions: Diprs2, Jorelaxed and Edgewater
I wish someone would have told me this when I was pregnant with my first set of twins. I had the same issue and my Obgyn made me feel horrible about it. I never mentioned it again even though it kept happening on and off. I also didn’t mention it with my second set of twins or singleton after that.

That being said, she is right and it did eventually stop. I have issues occasionally but it’s due to stress and ptsd.

Edgewater said:
Also consider limiting the amount of LED lighting into the evening. This is especially important, if your home has increased the number of LED lighting as their use into the night can change sleeping habits. So, as evening starts, begin turning-off LED lights to a point that only the light from a TV or night light is the only light.

For the OP:
- The addition of Bedwetting during Pregnancy does happen and may last though your full Pregnancy. Commonly, you will regain your continence within two to three months after you give birth.
- Premium adult night time diapers will provide you more comfort as they are designed to absorb adult size releases. Northshore has a great customer service group and you will find them very help full.
- Northshore Trifecta plastic pant provides a greater level of security while wearing adult diapers.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jorelaxed and Edgewater
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back