Vintage pampers, remnant scent?

stiletos

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
Hey there anyone who collects and knows vintage diapers. I am curious specifically about the scent/fragrance of the vintage diapers (70's and 80's pampers scent). Does any still exist? Have you gotten it out of unopened packs? If so is a plastic sealed pack better for holding the scent than a cardboard one? Is there a specific era/type that seems to have kept a stronger scent than others? Can the scent be somewhat re-activated in any way you have found?

I am very open to spending a lot of money on a pack of vintage Pampers, but my only reason to do so would be to re-experience the scent/fragrance if that has somehow held on in some packs to some extent.

Reactions: TheDideeboy
I never bought any vintage diapers, but I think the scent may have faded away by then.
Not 100 percent sure, so don't take my word for it.

Was it anything similar to the scented Abu little kings? I love the smell and seems to bring back memories

stiletos said:
Hey there anyone who collects and knows vintage diapers. I am curious specifically about the scent/fragrance of the vintage diapers (70's and 80's pampers scent). Does any still exist? Have you gotten it out of unopened packs? If so is a plastic sealed pack better for holding the scent than a cardboard one? Is there a specific era/type that seems to have kept a stronger scent than others? Can the scent be somewhat re-activated in any way you have found?

I am very open to spending a lot of money on a pack of vintage Pampers, but my only reason to do so would be to re-experience the scent/fragrance if that has somehow held on in some packs to some extent.
I have purchased a few sealed bags of vintage diapers and sadly no the scent is not there. I am also not aware of anyway to "re-active" it. Aromas are from chemicals that eventually diffuse into the air and are gone.

If you are buying solely for the scent I would say save your money. I purchased mine to get a sense of what the plastic was like with a small hope that a touch of the pampers scent would be there but was not the main driver.

There was a long thread here about a chemist working on re-creating the 1970s Pampers Diaper scent. Lost track of it so not sure where it went?

@Diaps
Can you let us know the update on remaking the Pampers diaper sent please. I would love to get some, I am also pretty sure others would love to get some also.

Reactions: VintagePampers1990 and thickdiapers
If anyone can share what they are doing to scent their diapers that would be awesome. There is so few options for getting a nice diaper scent and it’s so disappointing. I too long for that vintage pampers scent. It was the most amazing scent EVER. I wish Pampers would just get into the ABDL game and recreate Pampers in adult sizes with that mindblowing scent. I love my SDK’s don’t get me wrong. But Pampers,,,, oh one can dream.

Reactions: southeastlittle and TheWaddlingDad
VintagePampers1990 said:
If anyone can share what they are doing to scent their diapers that would be awesome. There is so few options for getting a nice diaper scent and it’s so disappointing. I too long for that vintage pampers scent. It was the most amazing scent EVER. I wish Pampers would just get into the ABDL game and recreate Pampers in adult sizes with that mindblowing scent. I love my SDK’s don’t get me wrong. But Pampers,,,, oh one can dream.
Pampers won't make adult diapers because ever since they were founded, they've been a diaper company for babies. They don't want to mix adults with their baby products.

Are the always pull up scented?

Cribbin said:
There was a long thread here about a chemist working on re-creating the 1970s Pampers Diaper scent. Lost track of it so not sure where it went?
I remember that thread. To me though it just seemed like long winded posts about trying all these different combinations to find the right scent. It also was a lot of speculations of what went into making the original scent. I too lst track of it, was hoping they wouldve found the right combo eventually but was still elusive last I heard.

I had gotten a few vintage Pampers years back. They were Baby Dry large ones from 1981 and they didnt really have any scent. They were over 30 years old at the time and were loose. So the age and being loose probably contributed to the scent disappearing. I suspect and unopened box or bag would be the best way to find the elusive Pampers scent. I remember the days of walking the baby aisle at Toys R Us back in the late 80s and the PAmpers scent was intoxicating. The bags were stacked to the ceiling and were the thick plastic Pampers I loved too! Nowadays the diaper aisle has pretty much no real strong scent anymore. Fragrance free is popular now with all the allergic babies born in this generation.

It is a measure of how strong the perfume was in the original pampers, in cardboard boxes no less, held onto that scent for some time.
but just like any perfume, the molecules will evaporate over time.

I found this to be not bad

Attachments

• IMG_2647.jpeg
    IMG_2647.jpeg
    21.4 KB · Views: 12
I remember that one in my many trials. At the end of the day, I found curve crush for women to have a nice nursery scent that evokes
memories.

Back