Vintage goodnites haul

Chaching. That big package is already hit a mitt full of dead presidents.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and Bp220
Subtlerustle said:
Chaching. That big package is already hit a mitt full of dead presidents.
Yeah I’m pretty amazed at what people are willing to pay. It’s over $8 per diaper. I’d never pay that but happy that someone is.

Reactions: 12srepaid and DiaperedBedwetter1998
it's bidding by 2 people, they probably have no clue you have so many and think it's their only chance to get them.

Reactions: TigerDL and DiaperedBedwetter1998
cantthinkofaname said:
it's bidding by 2 people, they probably have no clue you have so many and think it's their only chance to get them.
Probably. Flooding the market with them will lower demand. But whatever I ain’t looking to get rich. Just don’t need so many.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
That was a fantastic investment.

Supply and demand is how things work in the West.

Well done 👍

I would love to find some of the first XL DryNites (unisex ‘age 10+’) but I’ve never even seen them on eBay.

They must be so rare they would be beyond my price range too.

Your story just goes to show that you never know what might turn up. I’ll keep scouring the charity shops!

cantthinkofaname said:
i was really hoping to try some of these but at these prices there's just no way, plus im terrible at bidding lol

Bidding is easy and safe. eBay even specifically gives out this advice but everyone seems to overlook it. Figure out the maximum you are willing to pay for something. Do some research if you want to. eBay's search window will also show you "completed" and "sold" listings, so you can see how much other people have been willing to pay for something similar in the past. You can use this to base your bid on, or just to see if you're likely to get something for what you've budgeted for. Then don't place your bid. Set an alarm and place your bid as close to the end time as possible. Never bid more than an hour before close - if it's something you're really interested in, try to bid in the last 10 seconds. This is sometimes called sniping".

Sniping has two key advantages for you:
1. if you decided on your maximum bid, and it then says you were outbid, do you want to raise your bid? you don't have enough time, so it prevents you from getting caught up in a bid war and paying more than you wanted to. Don't feel bad if you got outbid - they wanted it worse than you did and were willing to pay more for it. Keep looking and find another listing later. (maybe set up a Saved Search for it)
2. if you outbid someone, they will get a notice they've been outbid. This prevents them from having enough time to "rethink their bid" and try to start a bid war with you, which not only saves you money, but allows you to actually win the auction.

Anyone that complains about others sniping simply doesn't know how to bid. They're complaining because they didn't place the bid for what they were actually willing to pay for the item, and your snipe didn't give them the chance to fix their mistake or reconsider how much they were willing to spend. In many cases, you prevented them from bidding higher than they really wanted to, and saved them from blowing their budget. So don't feel bad if you see anyone criticize sniping, the only ones that actually lose out a little are the sellers, who don't get as much for their item.

I ended up buying the green pack size large from Bp200 on eBay and they ended up being the same size as current goodnites but he was awesome enough to include two XL ones as a bonus which was a super awesome surprise. I haven been able to fit in goodnites for almost a decade but I figured the wife could wear them, much to my surprise the XL ones are HUGE I actually can fix into it and I normally wear large size diapers. I wish I could afford a pack of the XL size but that’s over a months worth of diapers for me just for one pack which I just can’t justify the price. Thank you so much for the trip down memory lane though the XL goodnites were the first diapers I ever tried and loved them!

Reactions: Bp220 and DiaperedBedwetter1998
PCS said:
I would love to find some of the first XL DryNites (unisex ‘age 10+’) but I’ve never even seen them on eBay.

They must be so rare they would be beyond my price range too.

Your story just goes to show that you never know what might turn up. I’ll keep scouring the charity shops!

Well I don’t have the XL drynites, I do have a couple packs of the Larges prior to the XL’s coming out. So I would say that there is a chance that they are out there.

cateddybear said:
I ended up buying the green pack size large from Bp200 on eBay and they ended up being the same size as current goodnites but he was awesome enough to include two XL ones as a bonus which was a super awesome surprise. I haven been able to fit in goodnites for almost a decade but I figured the wife could wear them, much to my surprise the XL ones are HUGE I actually can fix into it and I normally wear large size diapers. I wish I could afford a pack of the XL size but that’s over a months worth of diapers for me just for one pack which I just can’t justify the price. Thank you so much for the trip down memory lane though the XL goodnites were the first diapers I ever tried and loved them!
Glad you enjoyed them. I figured the large would be the same as the xl’s since they both said 1998 on the back but I never did a real size comparison. Thanks for the input. And thanks for the prompt payment.

cateddybear said:
I now realize that that the pictures that I posted in this thread were from one of the 13 packs with a current goodnite. I’m sorry if it was misleading at all. I had them all spread out and must of got confused. I’ll take more pics when I have time.

Bp220 said:
I now realize that that the pictures that I posted in this thread were from one of the 13 packs with a current goodnite. I’m sorry if it was misleading at all. I had them all spread out and must of got confused. I’ll take more pics when I have time.

then the XL ones must be massive

cantthinkofaname said:
then the XL ones must be massive
He got a 9 pack of the large. The picks are of a xl

oh ok, several different quantity packs

Bp220, good on you to include some XLs for the winner!

bambinod said:
Then don't place your bid. Set an alarm and place your bid as close to the end time as possible. Never bid more than an hour before close - if it's something you're really interested in, try to bid in the last 10 seconds.

Exactly. Another benefit is that you can be watching multiple auctions, and not accidentally win them all. Or change your mind at some point. Or find a better deal before the auction ends. Or revise your idea of maximum. I've used Gixen a few times over the years (free sniping site) and it's helped me win a few things without having to wake up (even lets you be sniping multiple auctions and stop after you win one). 99% of the time though I don't bother with auctions. Not worth the hassle.

The key is to not bid early unless you want to pay more or have the price go above what's a good deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL, DiaperedBedwetter1998 and Bp220
tdlrfootedpjs said:
Well I don’t have the XL drynites, I do have a couple packs of the Larges prior to the XL’s coming out. So I would say that there is a chance that they are out there.
You never know...

I would love to see a picture of the packaging of those (I presume they are the green “7-10+” size).

I remember being VERY excited when I saw that size for the first time too.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and tdlrfootedpjs
Im jelly. These were my first experiences with diapers, and the first i ever bought. I swear nothing else is like these. Id love to have some to compare with todays products.

PCS said:
You never know...

I would love to see a picture of the packaging of those (I presume they are the green “7-10+” size).

I remember being VERY excited when I saw that size for the first time too.
I will see if I can locate them in my stash for a few pictures for you. I think I have 5 packs left of them

Reactions: PCS and DiaperedBedwetter1998
tdlrfootedpjs said:
I will see if I can locate them in my stash for a few pictures for you. I think I have 5 packs left of them
Thank you! I haven’t seen them for ages and haven’t been able to find a picture online. 😊

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and tdlrfootedpjs
Here you go, if you click on the pic, it will get bigger.

Back