Very dull ball pain when wearing certain diapers

Gooberology

Certified Little Guy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've been wearing diapers for about maybe 6 years, not 24/7. I aint really a taping guru since I haven't had to pad sequentially or in public, but I think im half decent at it. Usually i only get ball pain when wearing a single diaper all day thats absolutely drenched, and the top of the diaper just caves in and puts about 5 pounds of weight on them when lying down. I've seen some thread posts about orienting the bottom tapes further downwards, trying to maximize airflow, or just changing. Ill have to try that when I get some thicker diapers, but rn Im wearing Abena L2s, and for some reason with these diapers after a few hours I just get a very dull, not very serious but still uncomfortable pain. Idk if its because these diapers really like to stretch and get very loose very fast, diapers with *too* much room tend to cause me some pain, like the heat and the sack sag is causing them a little blunt trauma or something. Ive pulled them back up and retaped them tighter, and its seemed to help quite a bit, but usually once the pain starts it takes hours for it to completely dissipate.
I mostly wanted to see if anyone had similar experiences? To clarify, I've had similar issues to this since puberty, and ive had a few ultrasounds done with nothing found, no vericocele, hydrocele, spermatocele, or cancer, and these instances have happened less and less often as i hit my mid 20's, though not necessarily pertaining to diapers. If anyone does have any advice on how to more effectively tape diapers for this, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm usually not very mobile while I pad so its usually a sit down/lay down thing, if that makes any difference.

Reactions: Cottontail and Edgewater
Aight, its been happening the past several days without diapers. I really dont know whats goin on here. But i thought id update since this discussion is kinda irrelevant now since diapers aint causing it. Wish me luck gents

Reactions: Edgewater
Good luck defs get that checked out 🫤

Reactions: Gooberology, Edgewater and Jorelaxed
"W" fit will definitely give some ball pinching and pain after a while.
"V" fit gives more room for the boys.
Try standing when diapering. Fold the diaper in half lengthwise forming a channel. Place the diaper between your legs maintaining the "V".lean against the wall to hold the diaper in place at the back then pull the front of the diaper up in the front. Then tape up starting with the bottom tapes first. Using a mirror helps when placing the tapes. I'll do this in the bathroom facing the vanity.

⬇️ "W" fit vs ⬇️"V" fit

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230422-091242_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230422-091242_Chrome.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20230422-091430_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230422-091430_Chrome.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Reactions: Gooberology, littledreamers333, Cottontail and 1 other person
Just make sure the bottom portion of your diaper is not putting pressure down there for health reasons.

Reactions: Gooberology and Edgewater
I've had the testicular pain issue off and on when wearing. Usually if I experience it, I listen to my body and stop immediately. I change out my diaper for the gentler support of briefs and wait a couple days before wearing again. I think it's mostly just an issue of how things sit versus how the padding bunches and whether you get a nice "V" going initially.

Once I've experienced the discomfort, it can linger for a bit and I've wondered if I somehow jostled the jimmies enough to cause "testicular torsion", so have kept a close watch on things to make sure they improve and don't get any worse, because that condition is serious and shouldn't be ignored.

Reactions: BeeSan, Gooberology, Cottontail and 1 other person
The fact that this has been an ongoing occurrence and you have been seeing medical professionals and it has become worse with or with diapers imply the need to upscale the medical professionals you have been seeing today.

The discuss regarding "W" shape and "V" sharp has real merit for others who maybe experiencing like pain.

Please update us with what you learn!

Reactions: Cottontail and Jorelaxed
I always wear a pair of compression shorts over my diaper. If I have a high capacity diaper and booster on and it's getting swollen sometimes it puts a lot of pressure on the boys down there. Sometimes I have to reach down and rearrange.

Things to consider:

Too little/much support of the wrong type. Too little vertical support can be comfortable for many, but too much horizontal support can put the squeeze on the testicles, especially the epididymis. It might be time to find underwear that suits you better.

Chronic Epididymitis: intermittent, unknown cause or origin, causes testicular pain. When active, there is inflammation of the epididymis, making it tender and feel different to the touch because of it being swollen. Seek medical help, but they may not be able to help to your liking.

Chronic Testicular Pain / Idiopathic Testicular Pain: intermittent, unknown cause or origin, causes testicular pain. There may or may not be inflammation of the testicle(s), epididymis, and/or spermatic cord. Seek medical help, but they may not be able to help to your liking.

Hormones vs ejaculation frequency. Unless released, sperm production ultimately engorges the epididymis, causing tenderness to the epididymis and a dull pain in the testicles. Elevated hormones can accelerate this process, so that even daily release may not be enough. This is an endocrine issue. Seek medical help.

Stimulation vs ejaculation. Stimulation causes semen production. Long term stimulation causes even more semen production, resulting in "blue balls," a dull pain in the testicles. The quickest fix for blue balls is ejaculation. The slowest fix is to avoid further stimulation and apply cold compresses (cold shower). The slow fix can take many, many hours for pain relief. Stop behavior that causes long term stimulation.

Hope you find relief from the pain soon.

Reactions: BeeSan, Gooberology and Edgewater
Think of wearing a jock strap or panty with pouch UNDER the diapers - holding everything cradling/snuggly in place.
Unless catering to long term exposure of the collection of urine - frequent changes of underwear and diapers
should not have major problems with rash in that nether region.

Could the issue be not enough support, as has been alluded to above? You said you have this without diaper too? What type of underwear do you wear? I can't wear boxers. I like snug fitting briefs and thongs because just letting it "hang" is uncomfortable for me. This is true for many of us. Try some closer fitting underwear.

Last edited:
As a cis female all I can offer is my sympathy. Sorry this is happening and I hope it gets figured out.
If it doesn’t distract too much from the original topic, I wanted to ask something to everyone in general.
You don’t hear of this sort of thing happening with biological toddler boys. (At least I personally haven’t) Why is that? Is it because their privates are smaller, or the fact that baby diapers are just built differently, or a combination thereof? Just something I wonder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gooberology and Edgewater
Actually I think it does happen. Boys get sore bits and cry all the time. It's the parents job to work out why. Also, a toddler boy's testes are safely housed inside the body until puberty, when they descend into the scrotum. Until then the scrotum is empty.

PrettyLilPrincess said:
As a cis female all I can offer is my sympathy. Sorry this is happening and I hope it gets figured out.
If it doesn’t distract too much from the original topic, I wanted to ask something to everyone in general.
You don’t hear of this sort of thing happening with biological toddler boys. Why is that? Is it because their privates are smaller, or the fact that baby diapers are just built differently, or a combination thereof? Just something I wonder.
I'd bet money that it's because the bits are much smaller. Testicles don't descend until about 9 months of age (according to a quick Googling, I thought it was later 😅).

starpointrune said:
Actually I think it does happen. Boys get sore bits and cry all the time. It's the parents job to work out why. Also, a toddler boy's testes are safely housed inside the body until puberty, when they descend into the scrotum. Until then the scrotum is empty.
I see. I stand corrected

Three words: next size up. 🥳

Therin said:
I'd bet money that it's because the bits are much smaller. Testicles don't descend until about 9 months of age (according to a quick Googling, I thought it was later 😅).
It depends on what you mean by descend. I read that too and "it's complicated" might be a better answer 😅🤣

• Thinking
Reactions: Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen
starpointrune said:
It depends on what you mean by descend. I read that too and "it's complicated" might be a better answer 😅🤣
I thought it was closer to puberty too. I don't recall with myself, it wasn't really a milestone I or anyone else tracked. I was quite surprised by that Google result, but didn't really investigate further. I'll leave that detail for people who actually need to know, like parents and doctors. 🤷‍♂️ 😆

Reactions: Edgewater and star
@starpointrune and @Therin

Your facts are wrong. The quick googling is wrong. Always read valid medical sites for medical information.

Testicles should have descended into the scrotum by birth for a term baby boy. Premature baby boys, because they are born early, may not have descended testicles at birth. Whether term or premie, if the testicles are not descended at birth, doctors may give a baby boy several months to see if they descend on their own. If the testicles do not descend on their own, surgical intervention is required to prevent infertility. Also, there is a higher incidence of testicular cancer for men who have/had a testicle(s) that did not descend on its own.

Testicles increase in size during puberty. Testicular volume is fairly even for most boys from 0-8 years (1.2 ml for left vs 1.3 ml for right). Puberty officially starts when testicular volume has doubled in size for the boy (≈2.5 ml per testicle). By 18 years of age, an adolescent's testicular volume may have increased up to 18 times from when he was 8 (≈22 ml per testicle). It is normal for a man to have a dominant testicle, either left or right.

@PrettyLilPrincess Baby boys can have testicular issues, but they are primarily traumatic, meaning medical intervention is required immediately because of torsion or injury. Because the size of a baby boy's genitals are small, he should not have any issues wearing diapers or clothing.

• Love
CheshireCat said:
@starpointrune and @Therin

Your facts are wrong. The quick googling is wrong. Always read valid medical sites for medical information.

Testicles should have descended into the scrotum by birth for a term baby boy. Premature baby boys, because they are born early, may not have descended testicles at birth. Whether term or premie, if the testicles are not descended at birth, doctors may give a baby boy several months to see if they descend on their own. If the testicles do not descend on their own, surgical intervention is required to prevent infertility. Also, there is a higher incidence of testicular cancer for men who have/had a testicle(s) that did not descend on its own.

Testicles increase in size during puberty. Testicular volume is fairly even for most boys from 0-8 years (1.2 ml for left vs 1.3 ml for right). Puberty officially starts when testicular volume has doubled in size for the boy (≈2.5 ml per testicle). By 18 years of age, an adolescent's testicular volume may have increased up to 18 times from when he was 8 (≈22 ml per testicle). It is normal for a man to have a dominant testicle, either left or right.

@PrettyLilPrincess Baby boys can have testicular issues, but they are primarily traumatic, meaning medical intervention is required immediately because of torsion or injury. Because the size of a baby boy's genitals are small, he should not have any issues wearing diapers or clothing.
The tone of your admonishment is unfriendly and unwarranted. I openly stated that my response was based on "quick Googling" which in itself acknowledges that it may be incorrect or insufficent, and I followed that up indicating that I didn't investigate further. What "real valid medical site" would you recommend we have referenced, or which one did you use as your source?

Back