Velcro shoes

Sidewinder said:
I used to wear velcro shoes until I was eight years old.

I had difficulty with laces, then.
I was in high school (around sophomore or junior year) before I could tie my shoes. Until then I wore Velcro shoes.

Reactions: Lilschoolfox
I made some velcro strap Mary jane sneakers out of some skechers go walk slip ons.
Was not that difficult at all.
I will be converting some thick soled Altra walking sneakers into two strap maryjanes.

Last edited:
Reactions: midrobbie49 and AJFan2020
There is a certain luck in finding adult ones that look childish. Here are two pairs of mine, but not your size. I love wearing them without socks, and doing up the Velcro as tight as I can.

Attachments

• FE415A66-33EE-4175-9DB2-E3B533EDA248.jpeg
    FE415A66-33EE-4175-9DB2-E3B533EDA248.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
  • Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed and AJFan2020
Im wearing vacrlo school shoes

Reactions: Jorelaxed and midrobbie49
Walmart…..just wish they had them in steel toes.
Also billy footwear has zippered shoes

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jorelaxed and midrobbie49
I have Velcro shoes! They are wide fit too, I didnt wear shoes much growing up so my feet never got crushed into being narrow, so now I need wide shoes. But because they’re wide they look like toddler shoes when I wear them! That’s even what my partner calls them xD

They have laces, but I don’t touch them, just the Velcro. I struggle with fine motor skills (dyspraxia) so I’ve always used Velcro! (they’re a little dirty right now, I’m a messy kid)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: Jorelaxed
IMG_1718.JPG
The only shoes / boots I would wear with Velcro tabs - its like stepping on fluffy pillows!

Found my low key/identical to toddler velcro shoes eeek
unfortunately grey but grey combos well with most outfits

Attachments

• IMG_4534.png
    IMG_4534.png
    201.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4533.png
    IMG_4533.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 8
I have a pair of Old Person shoes with straps but they are in black leather. A lot of Old People stuff can be used by us. Back zipped clothing, large adult sized bibs, shoes, etc.

Reactions: midrobbie49
I've almost always worn velcro (admittedly, I don't know how to tie laces due to motor skills issues). While I do wish there were more options, the pair I wear now (a cheap pair of Dr Scholl's I think) does make me feel oddly little, in spite of being black leather.

Reactions: midrobbie49
am1248 said:
I've almost always worn velcro (admittedly, I don't know how to tie laces due to motor skills issues). While I do wish there were more options, the pair I wear now (a cheap pair of Dr Scholl's I think) does make me feel oddly little, in spite of being black leather.
I bet they look great. I do believe that even plain black or plain white can look quite little appropriate and given thats how quite a lot of adult sized Velcro shoes come, that’s a good thing, lol! (I know these days everyone wants fun colours and stuff, but my actual recollections of shoes I had as a kid were that they they were quite plain in terms of colours).

Reactions: am1248
midrobbie49 said:
I bet they look great. I do believe that even plain black or plain white can look quite little appropriate and given thats how quite a lot of adult sized Velcro shoes come, that’s a good thing, lol! (I know these days everyone wants fun colours and stuff, but my actual recollections of shoes I had as a kid were that they they were quite plain in terms of colours).
I definitely think they look great... growing up, for the most part, my shoes were all plain white or black... with few exceptions.

I've went past velcro shoes to just slip on. I wear boat shoes and never adjust the laces and just slip on/off but being in wheelchair 99% of the time when out, dont need much for shoes as it it.

Albeit I do think i need to maybe get some better shoes as my toes are usually scrunched up (have physical issues on one foot from accident) to keep them more strait and not be all scrunched up all the time...

am1248 said:
I definitely think they look great... growing up, for the most part, my shoes were all plain white or black... with few exceptions.
Would love to see them 🙂👍

midrobbie49 said:
Would love to see them 🙂👍
Since you asked... here you go!

1711553322262.jpeg1711553334093.jpeg

Reactions: Lilschoolfox
I've got 3 pairs of the Vans Old Skool V velcro shoes. Dark blue, light blue, and red.

Id kill for a MSCHF Super Baby shoes release with a velcro version with one huge chunky velcro strap with stars on it. 😍🤩

Last edited:
Back