Valet Trash Service

K00paTr00pa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Pretty soon I’ll be moving to a new apartment that has a mandatory valet trash service and I’m kind of uncomfortable with the idea of leaving a trash bag full of used diapers outside my apartment door. There is a dumpster where I can dump them myself, though making the trek out with a single trash bag, might look weird to the neighbors.

Anyone else deal with this, or am I overthinking it?

I do have to deal with this and all I do is use those heavy duty black hefty trash bags. They can't see through them and if they go through your trash (which in the state I live in is ilegal) then it's on them.

Reactions: TigerDL and K00paTr00pa
How can something like that be mandatory? If it really bothers you to let someone else take out your trash, then go ahead and take it out yourself.

I have this at my apartment complex. I put all my diapers in individual trash bags when I am done to help contain the smell and put them in the normal trash. For me, that gets taken out every couple of days, as I live alone. I use black bags, and have never worried about the people that pick up the trash seeing. Diapers are diapers, anyone who sees the edge of a diaper is going to assume it's just a baby diaper anyways.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TigerDL, Lostdiapersboy, Diapersntights and 1 other person
Leaving the rubbish out has been one of my concerns - I always try to double bag nappies to reduce the smell, although the weight can also be a bit of giveaway if you've really soaked it, although as Jamison says most people would assume it's a baby's nappy even if they identify what it is. I also take some of mine to a nearby bin late at night, so if I've had a busy couple of weeks they don't all go out together. My mother was i/c and used for health reasons - she used to have hers put out with the rubbish - never a problem by the collection people, they have to deal with all sorts and just want to crack on with their job.

Reactions: K00paTr00pa
You are overthinking. You are disposing of anything illegal or wrong, you are throwing away diapers. Put them in the trash bag and set them out for the pick up with any other trash you have. You are doing nothing wrong.

K00paTr00pa said:
Pretty soon I’ll be moving to a new apartment that has a mandatory valet trash service and I’m kind of uncomfortable with the idea of leaving a trash bag full of used diapers outside my apartment door. There is a dumpster where I can dump them myself, though making the trek out with a single trash bag, might look weird to the neighbors.

Anyone else deal with this, or am I overthinking it?
You're massively overthinking this.
The valets probably don't even want to know what is in your trash.
Even if they somehow found out, they'd just assume you were incontinent. There are probably some other people in your complex who are incontinent.
And they probably won't find out either... assuming you tie the bag tightly and only leave it outside your door during the times it will be quickly picked up.

Back