Use for a diaper for convenience

aligator

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Now there is a war in my country. Electricity is often turned off. And there is a lot of time to think. And I wondered. Will I use diapers for comfort after I heal my hyper active blader? And my answer was that it must be so because there are cases when it is really convenient. For example, long trips, a trip to the cinema, etc. Have you thought about this?

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2, Hemix, LinkDL and 3 others
aligator said:
Now there is a war in my country. Electricity is often turned off. And there is a lot of time to think. And I wondered. Will I use diapers for comfort after I heal my hyper active blader? And my answer was that it must be so because there are cases when it is really convenient. For example, long trips, a trip to the cinema, etc. Have you thought about this?
Wishing you strength, while the war is taking place in your country! It's a real tragedy!🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗Definitely embrace the diaper! :giggle::);)(y)View attachment 93074

Reactions: Diprs2, aligator, Jorelaxed and 1 other person
I have. Mostly I have ibs but there are times I'll wait too long and its given me a migraine. So I'm decided to be in 24/7 for the peace of mind and they're comfortable.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, NaughtyBoiNathan and Jorelaxed
Okay I do have medical need because of secondary mobility issues and a neurogenic bladder from my cerebral palsy but as I have said since going back 24/7 over 20 years ago, it is liberating because I am not beholden to anybody else's schedule. For many years I used a condom catheter with a medium grade brief that was provided by my insurance. However, for about the past year I have been buying the 6000 mL briefs and adding an insert because the external Catheters usually pop anyway and I am soaked because to keep the tube from occluding I have to be pointed out the side of the diaper and away from most of the padding, which does not allow the diaper to catch very much fluid when the condom bursts. I am much better off replicating my overnight set up which is a premium plastic back diaper (thicker the better) with a Northshore extra-large contour booster.
The sensation when I am wearing this combination is very calming for me. I even find that my favorite sleeping position is on my right side with my left hand always keeping contact with the front of my diaper. Is that weird? Is there anybody else that has to touch their diaper to be at rest?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Diprs2 and NaughtyBoiNathan
First I am sorry for your current conditions as war sucks and it can effect the local population.

So I do have a love hate relationship with diapers and though I have better confidence using them though have times I do wish I didn't need them. I used to have totally different thought process than I do now. But I do think there is a line or difference between convenience/need vs being straight up lazy!! I will say I am still kind of in middle here as I have used pullups before my injury but it was before I discovered condom caths and leg bags and found many uses for them though I can't use them now but like even after my injury there were times emptying a bag was more convenient than a diaper change and emptying a bag can be done in more places.

So before my injury before I actually needed them I did think it was weird and odd when pullups were suggested in certain roles in my job but they were jobs where I found out hard way getting to a bathroom wasn't either possible or easy. Like I used to be on a Dive Team and unlike wetsuits you can't get away with peeing in a drysuit lol or the other was certain Hazardous Materials spills more so with space suits(level a suits) and breath respirators in both situation there were times pullups came in handy though condom caths worked alot better I even used them in a tree stand hunting and few times snowmobiling.

I do think even though paralyzed now that me using diapers vs cathing actually make me more productive at work. Besides infections & leaks when I was cathing I was doing it every 2-3hrs and like cheap diapers IC was running my life instead of me enjoying life. My setup for work I usually change between 4-6 hrs. If it wasn't for infections and bowel ic I probably would be using a Foley catheter and various bags.

Might be thinking a little deeper but also you need to factor in changes though i am totally assuming here but think an abled bodied person could potentially change quicker than a fat paralyzed guy like myself but depending on the situation I could see adding time as a potential issue. So like my background is mainly military and public safety, I could see where it could potentially be hazardous adding time or where every second counts on your response yes calls do come in while i bathroom. But I have thought of other jobs as well where it can be convenient or needed like say truck driver usually only rest areas are big enough for an 18 wheeler nevermind traffic jams but again I keep going back to changing even some medical & ABDL's don't want to be in a soiled diaper longer than needed but like I mentioned above though they don't work now for men I do think that a sheath cath or condom cath would be better if it can be worn as it doesn't really effect anything and it can be used more discreetly, but I could see some women wearing some kind of absorbent products because beside a device that requires suction I don't think there is a non-invasive device for a female to use like condom/sheath caths for men.

Though I could see your potential use of them given your medical background and say you have confidence in them over something else but for others I do think some is either more abdl, fetish, or being lazy because if you came up to me and neirher of us had a medical need & was like why don't we wear diapers to the movies or on a road trip I would think you were weird or a pysch and it could be the psychological warfare parents use diapers are for babies or stigma associated with them even on medical level as only lazy people wear diapers is what some providers say.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2 and NaughtyBoiNathan
It’s become a mix of both for me. I’ve dealt with urinary IC most of my life and ulcerative colitis within the last 5 or so years. For a long time I was able to keep the diaper wearing to nighttime, but I’ve found myself wearing more and more during the day. I get anxious about “leakage” from the backside, and having a diaper on makes me less anxious. Frankly it’s also just easier for me to pee in a diaper and I like it better. Part of me will always be a little ashamed for that. It’s starting to melt away slowly but it’s so ingrained that i think it will always be there.

Reactions: Diprs2, RoseofThorns and NaughtyBoiNathan
Being IC does not give a choice - I simply have to wear protection or I wont be able to participate in normal life activities. With diapers its no problem at all, nobody else can see anything, I can do all I want and have to do without any worries of getting wet pants. And for that reason I somehow have not only accepted my need for them but I also like my diapers as they give me a lot of freedom. Of course it's easy to struggle with some questions...
is it right to somehow like the feeling of wetting the diaper instead of hating it?
is it right to be happy to be able to let it go no matter what you are doing instead of rushing to a toilet because you know you might not get there right in time ?
is it right to use your diaper in the night although you might get up to the toilet just in time but knowing that after this rush you need again more than half an hour to go back to sleep - and this three times a night?
is it right to enjoy longer road trips without the need of searching a often dirty and stinky toilet?
After thinking deep over those and other questions like that - and with the experience I got over the many months of my IC - I'm more and more relaxed and comfortable using my diapers. Diapers are really not a fetish for me at all, but more and more I also started to like my diapers and the comfort they give to me - it's much better than hating them as I have to live with them anyways for my medical condition!

Reactions: RoseofThorns, Diprs2, Fleetwoodmac32192 and 1 other person
I'd have to be alone to do so.

I prefer not to wet myself if I know I won't be able to change soon, urine smells and gets uncomfortable down there. However, if I feel a bit desperate, I'd let it go slowly.

If we're talking about number #2 and I can get to a public restroom or hide anywhere, I'd go on and I don't even mind to wear it for a while 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and RoseofThorns
hbic60 said:
Being IC does not give a choice - I simply have to wear protection or I wont be able to participate in normal life activities. With diapers its no problem at all, nobody else can see anything, I can do all I want and have to do without any worries of getting wet pants. And for that reason I somehow have not only accepted my need for them but I also like my diapers as they give me a lot of freedom. Of course it's easy to struggle with some questions...
is it right to somehow like the feeling of wetting the diaper instead of hating it?
is it right to be happy to be able to let it go no matter what you are doing instead of rushing to a toilet because you know you might not get there right in time ?
is it right to use your diaper in the night although you might get up to the toilet just in time but knowing that after this rush you need again more than half an hour to go back to sleep - and this three times a night?
is it right to enjoy longer road trips without the need of searching a often dirty and stinky toilet?
After thinking deep over those and other questions like that - and with the experience I got over the many months of my IC - I'm more and more relaxed and comfortable using my diapers. Diapers are really not a fetish for me at all, but more and more I also started to like my diapers and the comfort they give to me - it's much better than hating them as I have to live with them anyways for my medical condition!
I struggled for a long time to justify utilizing Diapers for my Overactive Bladder / Urge Incontinence. How I was able to find a semblance of peace was asking myself some of those same questions. Diapers are better than the alternative for me, which is being without them I am constantly interrupted and unable to focus on my day to day life. Diapers are a tool that we utilize to improve our lives, if they aren’t improving our lives than why are we wearing them?

Another way of looking at things, women aren’t shamed for going into a store and buying pads and tampons. At least I have never felt shamed for it. However, if I was to reach for Diapers, the immense shame I would feel would make me want to order online. Diapers need to get to the same point as Period Products. They are just as important for the person who needs them, yet one is stigmatized and one isn’t. Both collect unwanted bodily fluids that cannot be released in a controlled manner.

All I know is I wouldn’t be in Diapers if I wasn’t dealing with my Incontinence and Overactive Bladder.

Reactions: Diprs2, cantwait and RoseofThorns
iam32bit said:
I struggled for a long time to justify utilizing Diapers for my Overactive Bladder / Urge Incontinence. How I was able to find a semblance of peace was asking myself some of those same questions. Diapers are better than the alternative for me, which is being without them I am constantly interrupted and unable to focus on my day to day life. Diapers are a tool that we utilize to improve our lives, if they aren’t improving our lives than why are we wearing them?

Another way of looking at things, women aren’t shamed for going into a store and buying pads and tampons. At least I have never felt shamed for it. However, if I was to reach for Diapers, the immense shame I would feel would make me want to order online. Diapers need to get to the same point as Period Products. They are just as important for the person who needs them, yet one is stigmatized and one isn’t. Both collect unwanted bodily fluids that cannot be released in a controlled manner.

All I know is I wouldn’t be in Diapers if I wasn’t dealing with my Incontinence and Overactive Bladder.
I fully agree, diapers are improving our lives, so that's for me the legitimation to use them without shame. The other "legitimation" for me came with the doctors visit I made at the beginning of my IC. Of course I wanted to know what's wrong with my body, and we found some reasons (side effect of some medication I need for regulating blood pressure after a heart stroke in combination with weak muscles down there) , but no serious damages like prostate cancer. I had a very good talk with my doctor who really gave me the choice either fighting my IC with additional medication (and not so nice side effects), maybe even surgery (without guaranteed success) and a few other options. On the other hand, I could as long as I'm comfortable with it simply use protection and learn to live with my IC. (this is only a very short abreviation of examination and talk). Of course he provided me also a prescription for permanent IC supplies. In the end, as I really didn't have any problems wearing and using protection, which nobody else can see, having no kind of pain or discomfort, being able to live my life without any limitation and all activities in the same way than before and having a wife which fully supports me and has no problems accepting that the husband besides her now has to wear diapers, I decided not to do the fight but accept my IC. I'm the same - if I had the choice I would rather not need diapers, but it is at it is and I rather like my diapers and the freedom they give me instead of hating them.
As I have a medical condition I absolutely have no shame ordering my supplies (mostly online), getting the supplies delivered (even if sometimes a neighbor takes the parcel if I'm not at home), handling the waste, being on business trips staying in a hotel - I never had any negative feedback, nobody asking any stupid questions. If it comes up, I make no secret of my condition, on the other hand of course I'm as discreet as possible and in no way exposing anything.

Reactions: Diprs2
Back