Urodynamics test

jjpadded

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi everyone,

I have been going to my doctor for while complaining of frequent trips to the toilet and sometimes accidentally wetting when I can’t make it in time and dribbles after peeing, at first they prescribed me tolderdine and sent me for a cystoscopy. At the cystoscopy they found nothing of concern just a slight narrowing. They could see I was wearing a small pad in my underwear and my skin needed some attention so prescribed some creams and changed my meds to Mirabegron. I have an appointment for a Urodynamics test in a few weeks, I am concerned about the embarrassment, if they don’t find anything will they think I’m wasting their time? I wear discrete pads all the time and nappies to bed, although I’m a DL I don’t want to need to wear all the time. Has anyone experience anything similar and what was the outcome?

Reactions: Diprs2 and LukeTheDeersky
I've had several urodynamics tests. First one was inconclusive and I was told the test is not an exact science. It does not simulate long-term things (diet for example) and how those impact your bladder. On the second test I had all the classic signs for OAB. If accidents you can't control and post void dribbling really are happening to you, you aren't wasting their time and should get to the bottom of it.

BTW... I'm not a doctor but have had a lot of exposure to this topic... From what you're describing you might want to ask your doctor about physical therapy rather than meds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and jjpadded
EcoIncon said:
I've had several urodynamics tests. First one was inconclusive and I was told the test is not an exact science. It does not simulate long-term things (diet for example) and how those impact your bladder. On the second test I had all the classic signs for OAB. If accidents you can't control and post void dribbling really are happening to you, you aren't wasting their time and should get to the bottom of it.

BTW... I'm not a doctor but have had a lot of exposure to this topic... From what you're describing you might want to ask your doctor about physical therapy rather than meds.
I agree the doctors are too quick to give out the medication. I don’t want to take medication so I will ask thanks, I always wonder if wearing nappies on and off for most of life has contributed to the situation I’m in now.

Reactions: Diprs2
Back