Urge IC w/OAB

Unknown211

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
Does anyone with Urge IC have constant feelings to need to go as well as getting hit with intense urges? My friend only has intense urges every hour but doesn’t feel any need to go before that. Wanted to see if anyone has different experiences.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Yes, for a longer time i had a constant urge all the time, no relation to the real filling.
I was suspected to have interstitial cystitis, but the doctors wont look for that, because "it is very rare in men".

So i did some research and started a histamine low diet, what helped to some point.

My main problems are neurological and my "central inhibition" does not work, the brain does not tell the bladder to calm down.

Another point is to check for UTI, this can cause constant urge either, same for prostatitis.
So, go, see a doctor. ;)

Last edited:
If this is new or suddenly onset
time to see or update the urologist.

I get basically no nottice. It's oh I have to pee oh im already peeing
my bladder doesn't feel full
that normal signal you get rarely shows
and holding it in
forget about it
I've tried various medications and nothing works
so just rely on diapers now
but if this is a new thing it's best to update your doctor

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, Wetshisbed and 3 others
Second going to get checked out.

anything new or feels different you should consult your doctor and get a full check up. at one point we referred to my bladder as over active because i go a lot. bladder does hold much and little warning mostly i feel the diaper getting wet but that could be me just relying on my diaper and not paying attention.

SparkyDog said:
If this is new or suddenly onset
time to see or update the urologist.

I get basically no nottice. It's oh I have to pee oh im already peeing
my bladder doesn't feel full
that normal signal you get rarely shows
and holding it in
forget about it
I've tried various medications and nothing works
so just rely on diapers now
but if this is a new thing it's best to update your doctor
You have just accurately described my symptoms. The urge to pee followed by actually peeing can be measured in one or two seconds.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and SparkyDog
I go through cycles of pretty severe urge IC and that constant urge can be one of the features of it. I might get a couple of minutes of relief after an accident but then the urge kicks in again. The baseline urge is generally not as strong as the pre-accident urge for me, though.

mostly for me, I wouldn’t get a lot of warning before I ended up using my diaper. And the OAB part of this was that I would have to piss like 12 times a day. But I know that this is caused by the diabetes meds that I take. Now I’m off of that and I think I have an under active bladder, like I only piss three times during the day or less and I would almost rather have to go more often. I’m definitely going to talk to my doctor about this because I’m worried that the Ozempic might be causing kidney problems , I’m not sure if it’s that or if it’s that I had the OAB symptoms from the diabetes pills for so long that it just became normal for me. Recently, I’ve been setting some personal records as far as how long I’ve been in a diaper before I’ve had to change it, before I get to the point where I’ve wet it like three or four times, and I know that it’s not going to be in a diaper for that long . and when I mean set some records, I mean anywhere between 12 to 17 hours before I have to change.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, Fleetwoodmac32192 and Edgewater
I pee evey ten mins it seems like and right n ok w I have a uti as and a yest infection and I got sce to wear diapers 24 7 0leasecget your friend checked out

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Jorelaxed
I’m so sorry to hear that sounds horrible. Best to make an appointment with your doctor. I have OAB and urge incontinence but I also leak with very weak urges too....and I don’t feel like intense urges to go all the time...but I guess everyone is different. my sis also has OAB and has frequent but not constant urges. But when it acts up yes I sometimes get a really intense urge and by the time that happens Im already peeing and not able to stop it..and it’s usually not like that...but it’s def not feeling like I gotta go all the time. :(

Last edited:
And as you can see, what you are dealing with is both common and/or similar to what many other IC folks deal with everyday.

Also, a common trend in this community is our want to communicate with our Medical Professionals as changes in our IC events commonly signals a medical change.

I am a bit different, as my U-IC was founded as a result of a Car Crash, which resulted in a series of surgeries. Long story very short: I am 24/7, U-IC with very little capacity and poor spinal communications. I have very limited announcement, a fast release and then extended slow flow. Diapers allow me to life a full life being out and about!

Reactions: Diprs2 and jessraven
I suspect I have interstitial cystitis. I have constant and violent urges, sometimes every 5 or 10 minutes, pee very little at a time, and I have a little blood in my urine.
went to the doctor, had a urine sample first quick test, yes there where bacteria and blood in my urine. Should call back the day after as they would then have a more precise result. Called in, and was told, no, I don’t have UTI…
now I’m scheduled for a analysis at the hospital, where they insert a small scope in the bladder. I don’t think they’ll conduct a full set of urodynamic tests, given the time they have reserved For me. I will also be checked in a CT scanner.
to rule out cancer.

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, Pino and Edgewater
Unknown211 said:
Does anyone with Urge IC have constant feelings to need to go as well as getting hit with intense urges? My friend only has intense urges every hour but doesn’t feel any need to go before that. Wanted to see if anyone has different experiences.
I have urge and oab, the worst for me is when I have gas or need to empty my bowels, the additional pressure created produces a crippling pain and spasm in my bladder that subsequently leads to an uncontrolled full emptying of anything my bladder was attempting to hold.

• Sad
NotTheAverageMan said:
I suspect I have interstitial cystitis. I have constant and violent urges, sometimes every 5 or 10 minutes, pee very little at a time, and I have a little blood in my urine.
went to the doctor, had a urine sample first quick test, yes there where bacteria and blood in my urine. Should call back the day after as they would then have a more precise result. Called in, and was told, no, I don’t have UTI…
now I’m scheduled for a analysis at the hospital, where they insert a small scope in the bladder. I don’t think they’ll conduct a full set of urodynamic tests, given the time they have reserved For me. I will also be checked in a CT scanner.
to rule out cancer.
Going in on Friday for an operation, where they will do biopsies they are suspecting something bad in my bladder after todays examination of my bladder with a scope. Also they could barely inject 50ml. Of saline because I felt as my bladder would rupture.

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, Pino and Edgewater
Short Update, i was cleared from cancer, YES!
however biopsies etc. showed chronic inflammation in my bladder, which can explain the blood I had in my urine, as well as the pain I went through. Currently I have less pain in my bladder, but it can still hurt a bit when I pee.

Reactions: daylight, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
NotTheAverageMan said:
Short Update, i was cleared from cancer, YES!
however biopsies etc. showed chronic inflammation in my bladder, which can explain the blood I had in my urine, as well as the pain I went through. Currently I have less pain in my bladder, but it can still hurt a bit when I pee.
Glad to hear they didn't find any cancer in your bladder!

Reactions: Edgewater
NotTheAverageMan said:
… biopsies etc. showed chronic inflammation in my bladder, which can explain the blood I had in my urine, as well as the pain I went through...

Biopsies are not fun, it took a couple days to recover. Glad that there was no C. Now your dr can target treatment for the inflamation. fwiw, there is Botox and DMSO.

Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
daylight said:
Biopsies are not fun, it took a couple days to recover. Glad that there was no C. Now your dr can target treatment for the inflamation. fwiw, there is Botox and DMSO.

I already decided ill not take botox injections, besides that I’ll do whatever they say.

• Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2 and Pino
Back