unused diaper throw in the trash

Flocrush

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
Have you ever had any losses or become aware of unused baby diapers being thrown away?

Last edited:
Hello & Welcome to the site

Can you elaborate a bit on your question please
Not 100% sure what you are asking

Reactions: Flocrush and Jorelaxed
I found a bag of the green depends along the road one time.

Reactions: Flocrush
BigAl1 said:
I found a bag of the green depends along the road one time.
That could likely be someone throwing out an elderly person’s things. Imagine how something like that ends up in a thrift store. Most of the time it’s someone passing away or going to a care facility. Stuff gets kicked to the curb or taken to the thrift store. One I’ve alwaysw wondered about is the grandma who bought Luvs, Pampers or Huggies from the 80’s or 90’s for their granddaughter(s) to dress up their dolls with diapers. That seemed to be a major source of vintage diapers for awhile.

Reactions: BigAl2 and Flocrush
I12BLittle89 said:
That could likely be someone throwing out an elderly person’s things. Imagine how something like that ends up in a thrift store. Most of the time it’s someone passing away or going to a care facility. Stuff gets kicked to the curb or taken to the thrift store. One I’ve alwaysw wondered about is the grandma who bought Luvs, Pampers or Huggies from the 80’s or 90’s for their granddaughter(s) to dress up their dolls with diapers. That seemed to be a major source of vintage diapers for awhile.
It's an interesting story.
Have you ever seen new vintage baby diapers thrown in the trash?

SparkyDog said:
Hello & Welcome to the site

Can you elaborate a bit on your question please
Not 100% sure what you are asking
Hello, thank you very much for the welcome ☺️ I'm talking, for example, about moms who throw the stock of unused diapers in the trash. I wonder if you have ever seen this produced?

Flocrush said:
It's an interesting story.
Have you ever seen new vintage baby diapers thrown in the trash?
I wish. I recently found an old girl’s goodnite L/XL at my wife’s friend’s house. It was wedged behind a drawer under the bathroom sink. It was the one that had the squares on the side panels. They weren’t as stretchy. They’re the same pattern as the current girl’s L.

Reactions: Flocrush
Kids graduate from one size to the next (or to underwear), and I expect many parents throw away the leftovers rather than trying to find a taker. We did some of that when our kids were in diapers, although they mostly wore cloth. If we'd ever been left with a whole bag or box of diapers we couldn't use, we'd probably have donated it. Half a bag? Probably not. In fact I remember throwing away half a bag of swim diapers years after our youngest had stopped needing them.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: bigtoddler96 and Flocrush
I12BLittle89 said:
I wish. I recently found an old girl’s goodnite L/XL at my wife’s friend’s house. It was wedged behind a drawer under the bathroom sink. It was the one that had the squares on the side panels. They weren’t as stretchy. They’re the same pattern as the current girl’s L.
Oh yes I see clearly! I love these goodnite ! What luck ! Luckily it wasn't your wife's friend who found it otherwise I guess she would have thrown it in the trash..

Cottontail said:
Les enfants passent d'une taille à l'autre (ou aux sous-vêtements), et je m'attends à ce que de nombreux parents jettent les restes plutôt que d'essayer de trouver preneur. Nous avons fait une partie de cela lorsque nos enfants portaient des couches, même s'ils portaient principalement du tissu. Si jamais on nous avait laissé un sac ou une boîte entière de couches que nous ne pouvions pas utiliser, nous l'aurions probablement fait don. Un demi-sac ? Probablement pas. En fait, je me souviens avoir jeté un demi-sac de couches de bain des années après que notre plus jeune n'en ait plus eu besoin.
Merci beaucoup pour votre histoire.
C'est vrai que j'ai remarqué, la plupart du temps une fois que les enfants ne portent plus de couches, les parents gardent les couches dans un placard et les retrouvent des années plus tard et finalement les couches sont jetées à la poubelle haha

Back