unused baby diaper throw in the trash

Flocrush

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
Hello đŸ‘‹đŸŒ
Yesterday I was moving and I saw a woman throwing a new package of baby diapers in the trash.I know that unfortunately this happens often... that most people throw unused diapers in the trash when they no longer need them. I would be curious to know your story, if you have seen people throwing new baby diapers in the trash or even finding unused diapers in the trash.I find it interesting to know what people do with their diapers once they have finished training.

Imo don't throw them in the trash, go down to your local goodwill and donate them. Out there somewhere is a parent in desperate need of diapers for their baby

Reactions: Ickledan89, TigerDL, Jamas and 6 others
frozencanuk said:
Imo, ne les jetez pas à la poubelle, adressez-vous à votre bonne volonté locale et faites-en don. Quelque part se trouve un parent qui a désespérément besoin de couches pour son bébé.
Bien sûr ! Je ne jetterais jamais les couches inutilisées à la poubelle.
Mais j'ai déjà vu beaucoup de gens les jeter à la poubelle et je voulais connaßtre vos histoires si vous avez déjà vu quelqu'un jeter de nouvelles couches à la poubelle.

It’s pretty common to see diaper packs in garage sales. I even saw a few times open packs. Reading the first message, I started to imagine a mom who found out her child was secretly wearing diapers bought with their allowance and punishing them for that. This is not unheard of over there.

Flocrush said:
Bien sûr ! Je ne jetterais jamais les couches inutilisées à la poubelle.
Mais j'ai déjà vu beaucoup de gens les jeter à la poubelle et je voulais connaßtre vos histoires si vous avez déjà vu quelqu'un jeter de nouvelles couches à la poubelle.
Merci d’avance de vous exprimer en anglais sur ce site, afin que les usagers puissent vous comprendre. Nous sommes ici en minoritĂ©.

Reactions: BBBen and Flocrush
Hakanloaim said:
It’s pretty common to see diaper packs in garage sales. I even saw a few times open packs. Reading the first message, I started to imagine a mom who found out her child was secretly wearing diapers bought with their allowance and punishing them for that. This is not unheard of over there.

Merci d’avance de vous exprimer en anglais sur ce site, afin que les usagers puissent vous comprendre. Nous sommes ici en minoritĂ©.
Wow, I'm French and in France I've never seen packages of diapers in garage sales.
Probably because moms throw them away 😂

Ahah yes this punishment would be funny, I can even imagine the mother taking her son to the dump and making him throw away his pack of diapers

I have operated a garbage truck and I would say I have gotten unused diapers about once every 2 months on average. It really depends on the routes I was driving. Some routes were in younger family areas and some not but I would say it’s definitely not uncommon for unused diapers to be thrown away.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: PGAFAN2008 and Flocrush
Maybe the hassle or who knows, maybe give them out on the market place but it might be too much bother to some ,
On another topic , i was in the diaper baby isle looking at goodnites, oddly both walmarts were low on allot of diapers, i was looking at goodnites and the small talk was damn there is allot of diapers out, shes like Dont get these they hurt my baby\ refering to walmart brands,

i was like yeh not not at the other walmart as well, small talk i was look at goodnites and she was like those i like those are good, im like yep i wear those there good, she got goodnite mats and something else,

This is kinda how I got hold of my very first actual real disposable diapers when I was like 9 years old.

I had a friend who was the same age as my mum. Might seem weird to some but it wasn't... We used to have a free bus that ran near me, it was set up but an Asda supermarket it would run a couple of routes once a week picking people up and dropping them at Asda then taking them back 2 hours later (smart marketing ploy from the store to get more customers in).

Anyway I'd sometimes play "ill" to get out of school so I could go shopping since although the service was run by Asda you could visit any of the local shops and there was an old games exchange there (second hand game store) that I liked to visit. one of the guys who came on that bus was also a serious gamer and we'd often sit and chat and he became a family friend.

He had more game systems than me and a lot more games to play as well as a MASSIVE collection of movies he had recorded that he would lend out to friends and often had a couple of friends round for gaming sessions so I used to visit his house on weekends.

He had 3 kids of his own 2 older (but younger than me) and one preschooler, I was round his place one night and his youngest had recently finished potty training and was doing well. As I went to leave that night to come home he asked me if I could drop a carrier bag into his trash bin and wheel it out to the curb for him as I went passed cause his little one no longer needs them and it was bin day tomorrow. I said sure no problem and took the bag noticing it contained about half a pack of unused Pampers.

Well by this point in my life I had been interested in nappies for about 2 years and regularly peed my pants/bed when I thought I could get away with it, but the closest I had come to wearing an actual nappy was stuffing things between 2 pairs of underpants. Seeing all those Pampers I got super excited and immediately knew they were not going in a bin.

So as I left I walked down his path grabbed the bin and wheeled it out to the road behind a bush where, after checking he had gone back inside, I stuffed the carrier bag into my backpack and came home with my first real nappies, size 6 and just a little too small for me at the time but I still had a lot of fun with those and quickly found that I was completely hooked and needed more.

• Haha
Reactions: jcwilliams343, TigerDL, Jamas and 5 others
I've got a lot of packs of size 7 nappies and pants that I no longer want or need.
Every pack is opened with a few missing, should I take them to a food bank or just dump them?

When I finished training I had a purple box of Pampers left over. My mom kept them on the top shelf of our closet . I would sometimes look at them and pull one out . Look at the shiny plastic and crinkle it a little. I wanted to put one on again but was afraid mom would see one less in the box or I'd now have to hide the diaper some where. I was for some reason so afraid of my mom finding out I still liked diapers.

MikeDJ said:
When I finished training I had a purple box of Pampers left over. My mom kept them on the top shelf of our closet . I would sometimes look at them and pull one out . Look at the shiny plastic and crinkle it a little. I wanted to put one on again but was afraid mom would see one less in the box or I'd now have to hide the diaper some where. I was for some reason so afraid of my mom finding out I still liked diapers.
I perfectly understand this feeling of fear. I started exactly like you by wanting to take diapers lying around in the cupboard.
I was so scared that someone would find out!

Do you know what your mother did with her diapers afterwards?

Belarin said:
This is kinda how I got hold of my very first actual real disposable diapers when I was like 9 years old.

I had a friend who was the same age as my mum. Might seem weird to some but it wasn't... We used to have a free bus that ran near me, it was set up but an Asda supermarket it would run a couple of routes once a week picking people up and dropping them at Asda then taking them back 2 hours later (smart marketing ploy from the store to get more customers in).

Anyway I'd sometimes play "ill" to get out of school so I could go shopping since although the service was run by Asda you could visit any of the local shops and there was an old games exchange there (second hand game store) that I liked to visit. one of the guys who came on that bus was also a serious gamer and we'd often sit and chat and he became a family friend.

He had more game systems than me and a lot more games to play as well as a MASSIVE collection of movies he had recorded that he would lend out to friends and often had a couple of friends round for gaming sessions so I used to visit his house on weekends.

He had 3 kids of his own 2 older (but younger than me) and one preschooler, I was round his place one night and his youngest had recently finished potty training and was doing well. As I went to leave that night to come home he asked me if I could drop a carrier bag into his trash bin and wheel it out to the curb for him as I went passed cause his little one no longer needs them and it was bin day tomorrow. I said sure no problem and took the bag noticing it contained about half a pack of unused Pampers.

Well by this point in my life I had been interested in nappies for about 2 years and regularly peed my pants/bed when I thought I could get away with it, but the closest I had come to wearing an actual nappy was stuffing things between 2 pairs of underpants. Seeing all those Pampers I got super excited and immediately knew they were not going in a bin.

So as I left I walked down his path grabbed the bin and wheeled it out to the road behind a bush where, after checking he had gone back inside, I stuffed the carrier bag into my backpack and came home with my first real nappies, size 6 and just a little too small for me at the time but I still had a lot of fun with those and quickly found that I was completely hooked and needed more.
I love your story! 😍 this makes me think of a similar story that I experienced.

One day I was at my mother's friend's house to help move their house.
He had a daughter my age who had become potty trained and no longer needed diapers.

While we were sorting in the garage, my mother's friend found a huge package of baby diapers, around sixty diapers. She takes the package, looks at him and says “my god! I had forgotten these diapers, I thought I had thrown them all away!! » then she says “I'm going to throw them in the dumpster, I don't keep that in my house!” »

This excited me! I really wanted to collect them and save them from the trash 😍

But unfortunately there were too many people around me.. I was afraid that someone would see me saving them..
the woman then took the package of diapers and walked towards the dumpster, she then threw this poor package of diapers into the trash.

Everyone was happy to throw it away except me, I was sad..

Then the garbage truck arrived and took the diapers away forever..

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: TigerDL, BBBen and Belarin
TheGazelle said:
I have operated a garbage truck and I would say I have gotten unused diapers about once every 2 months on average. It really depends on the routes I was driving. Some routes were in younger family areas and some not but I would say it’s definitely not uncommon for unused diapers to be thrown away.
I find this very interesting!
I would really like to work in this profession.
To be able to save all the unused diapers that families throw away!
But I imagine that this is impossible... the diapers are directly crushed and ground in the garbage truck..

Have you ever seen a woman throw them directly into the truck hopper?

HappyNappin said:
I've got a lot of packs of size 7 nappies and pants that I no longer want or need.
Every pack is opened with a few missing, should I take them to a food bank or just dump them?
In my country, unfortunately opened diaper packages are not taken back.. considered unhygienic.
they must therefore be thrown into the landfill so that they can be destroyed đŸ˜±

But maybe you can give them away?

Flocrush said:
I love your story! 😍 this makes me think of a similar story that I experienced.

One day I was at my mother's friend's house to help move their house.
He had a daughter my age who had become potty trained and no longer needed diapers.

While we were sorting in the garage, my mother's friend found a huge package of baby diapers, around sixty diapers. She takes the package, looks at him and says “my god! I had forgotten these diapers, I thought I had thrown them all away!! » then she says “I'm going to throw them in the dumpster, I don't keep that in my house!” »

This excited me! I really wanted to collect them and save them from the trash 😍

But unfortunately there were too many people around me.. I was afraid that someone would see me saving them..
the woman then took the package of diapers and walked towards the dumpster, she then threw this poor package of diapers into the trash.

Everyone was happy to throw it away except me, I was sad..

Then the garbage truck arrived and took the diapers away forever..
Awww I'd have been sad too.

I don't know how old you were but at the age I started getting into diapers if something like this would have happened I'd have offered to take them out to the trash for him just like "oh i'll take them out if you like, I could use a break for a minute", or tried to find a way to sneak off unnoticed to get them back out, a bag of 60 would be hard to hide and get home but I would at least have tried to rescue as many as I could fit in my bag (I always have a backpack with me everywhere I go even since I was little).

Flocrush said:
I find this very interesting!
I would really like to work in this profession.
To be able to save all the unused diapers that families throw away!
But I imagine that this is impossible... the diapers are directly crushed and ground in the garbage truck..

Have you ever seen a woman throw them directly into the truck hopper?
The truck I have operated doesn’t automatically pack so I get a chance to grab anything I see before running the blade.

Belarin said:

were those Plastic backed Pampers?

Flocrush said:
I perfectly understand this feeling of fear. I started exactly like you by wanting to take diapers lying around in the cupboard.
I was so scared that someone would find out!

Do you know what your mother did with her diapers afterwards?
Well it was so long ago. The diapers were in the closet through the 70s...BY 1979 we redid alot of the house and my siblings and I had moved our rooms around. Im guessing they did eventually get thrown out in our moves at the time. I did wonder what happened to them but was afraid to ask mom about them.. Boy if that box was still around and intact it wouldve been worth a lot now.

Reactions: TigerDL
HappyNappin said:
I don’t know about where you live but if you were where I am I would say donate them. I know of at least 1 local charity here that would take them.

JayJay19 said:
were those Plastic backed Pampers?
You know it was so far back now that I actually can't remember the nappies themselves but thinking back on it yeah they probably were. This would have been '93-'94 ish and Pampers didn't really start phasing out plastic backed until a couple years later around '97 ish.

I had a little look and found these that look at least close to what I had.
Does anyone remember the diapers they had? When they were little. : r/ABDL

These are early 90's, the design I had may have been a bit different but same basic nappy.

Reactions: JayJay19
Back