UK Pampers Nappy pants VS Baby Dry 8

Spitfire153

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Anyone tried the size 7 nappy pants and BD size 8 and would know the size difference . Looking at trying nappy pants just gluing an extra size as you do with pullups etc . Wondering how different they are in length to size 8 .

I’ve always found it funny they make a proper nappy in a larger size than the largest size nappy pants, which you’d expect to be for bigger children. Not complaining, of course…

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: KrankyPants
Yeah, me too! I guess babies are fatter. Ever hear of baby fat? That does makes sense, and probably is why. I can't think of a better reason. Tell me if you do.

What I mean is you don't have baby fat any more.

Unless you're underweight, you're slim pickings as far as fitting that diaper without adjustments for your rise. By then, you may look foolish.

You might have a try at Drynights XL with better luck. If you don't fit them, try proper adult briefs.

Thats how the cookie crumbles. Try as you like.

I'm not from the UK, so dimensions may vary, but here's an overview:
LengthWidthMaximum hip circumference (if pre-stretched)
Pampers Baby Dry Pants size 7 (Germany)21.26″ / 54 cm8.27″ / 21 cm33.07″ / 84 cm
Pampers Baby Dry size 8 (Germany)23.03″ / 58.5 cm9.06″ / 23 cm37.8″ / 96 cm
Pampers Baby Dry size 7 (Germany)21.85″ / 55.5 cm9.06″ / 23 cm37.8″ / 96 cm
Pampers Baby Dry size 6 (Germany)20.67″ / 52.5 cm9.06″ / 23 cm36.22″ / 92 cm

Ideally, your hip circumference should be several centimeters below the maximum hip circumference to be sure it will fit comfortably.

My hip circumference is about 84 cm, and the Baby Dry Pants size 7 always rip.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillFord384
Oh, I'm glad this popped up as it saves me making a thread.
Here's the latest size chart from pampers uk,
Pampers_UK_Diaper_Size_And_Weight_Comparison_Chart_720px.jpg

So as you see right at the bottom it lists size 8 pants now, there are changes coming to the baby dry pants there calling stop & protect there's a chance the new sizes will come at the same time, or there's also the chance that it's just a mistake by someone in graphic design.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillFord384 and billybobtombo
Ahhh so we do have size 8 pants now too. I’ve not seen them, but does make sense they exist.

billybobtombo said:
Ahhh so we do have size 8 pants now too. I’ve not seen them, but does make sense they exist.
They don't exist yet but I think there coming at some stage, I think the size 7 pants have been really popular here so it makes sense to make an even bigger size, hopefully there as big as the 5t 6t easyups they have in america now.

HappyNappin said:
Oh, I'm glad this popped up as it saves me making a thread.
Here's the latest size chart from pampers uk,
Pampers_UK_Diaper_Size_And_Weight_Comparison_Chart_720px.jpg

So as you see right at the bottom it lists size 8 pants now, there are changes coming to the baby dry pants there calling stop & protect there's a chance the new sizes will come at the same time, or there's also the chance that it's just a mistake by someone in graphic design.
god damn you people your stuff . Literally exactly the dimensions i needed , absolute legend . I think looking at this il hold off for a little bit on the chance size 8 pants pop up in stores but aside from that gonna try size 7 out , i just extend the sides with glue or double tabs with all mine i just prefer actual baby nappies , drynights are god awful atleast the ones i have tried and iv always been super impressed by the real stuff but was worried these would be really small length wise but it seems here its width thats smaller which doesnt effect if they are doubled up . Cheers man

Last edited:
PaciL0ver said:
I'm not from the UK, so dimensions may vary, but here's an overview:
LengthWidthMaximum hip circumference (if pre-stretched)
Pampers Baby Dry Pants size 7 (Germany)21.26″ / 54 cm8.27″ / 21 cm33.07″ / 84 cm
Pampers Baby Dry size 8 (Germany)23.03″ / 58.5 cm9.06″ / 23 cm37.8″ / 96 cm
Pampers Baby Dry size 7 (Germany)21.85″ / 55.5 cm9.06″ / 23 cm37.8″ / 96 cm
Pampers Baby Dry size 6 (Germany)20.67″ / 52.5 cm9.06″ / 23 cm36.22″ / 92 cm

Ideally, your hip circumference should be several centimeters below the maximum hip circumference to be sure it will fit comfortably.

My hip circumference is about 84 cm, and the Baby Dry Pants size 7 always rip.
insanely helpful thank you !!

Its funny that pampers in spain sold by the brand dodot they sell the size 7 as 6+, and there is no size 8

Pamperswearer said:
Also seen them listed on the side of a pack of size 5s in Tesco today
Ohh where abouts?
Was it one of the new packs like these,
qlkertgu0rm__02226.1641052272.jpg

With the stop & protect pocket?

HappyNappin said:
Ohh where abouts?
Was it one of the new packs like these,
qlkertgu0rm__02226.1641052272.jpg

With the stop & protect pocket?
Yea that was it

They will still have the pathetic short stretch sides on the pants.

For me the BD size 8s are the best and if you have access to an ASDA the little angels size 6+ have just have a refresh and are bloody awesome! Stretchy and 3 channels style 😍😍🥰

Back