Types of Store Brand Goodnites

flash890

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
I can't seem to find a comprehensive source for what various store brand alternatives to Goodnites are like. I'm wondering if any of y'all have experience with the various store brands and how they compare to actual Goodnites. This year I've personally tried Rite Aid's Overnights Youth Pants L/XL and Kroger's Comforts Nite Pants L-XL so I figured I'd give my thoughts on them. For reference I have a 31 in (78.74 cm) waist. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of these diapers though.

Overnights Youth Pants L/XL
1703835797829.png
Overnights are the store brand for the pharmacy chain Rite Aid. They are a plain all white pullup with a rectangular purple marking on the back saying "BACK" and "ATRAS • DOS" . They have poor stretch and very stiff padding. They are a tighter fit than a large Goodnite which are already a tight fit for me. These are definitely a no-go if you can't comfortably fit into large Goodnites. Given the poor fit on me the side started tearing after 2 hours. The only point of reference I have for describing the sides are they are like underjams but with worse stretch and durability. I would not recommend these unless you really want an all white pullup and are small enough to comfortably fit into large Goodnites.

Comforts™ Nite Pants Boys & Girls Overnight Disposable Underpants L-XL
1703839772625.png

Comforts Nite Pants are the store brand for Kroger and its various subsidiaries. They are a patterned pullup with blue sides like boys Goodnites. I do not recall what the marking that indicated which side was the back looked like. They fit like the old Goodnites L/XL, have the sides like boy's Goodnites, and have comparable absorbancy. They have a surge pad in front of the pullup like in boy's Goodnites. The packaging indicates that these pullups are made using two U.S. patents (8956493; 8361913) which my research shows is owned by Kimberly-Clark. Everything about these pullups indicate that these are just the old boy's L/XL Goodnites with different designs made under a white label for Kroger. If you liked the old L/XL Goodnites these are a good buy.

U.S. store, Target, carries Up & Ups, identical to the Kroger Nite Pants albeit with different graphics. Both are excellent and my 24x7x365 wear. There is also a Meijer and CVS brand in similar weight range but the sides are horrible and easily tear, not in the same class as the first two.

I think it would be handy to know how easily these fit vs others. I know the new goodnites XL finally fits me but for years it was off limits. Curious if any other brands run bigger or not.

No, all the other store brands mentioned above are the size of the old GoodNites L/XL size for 125 pounds. The new Goodnites XL are truly larger and weight of 140 if memory serves.

I recently found the Best Choice brand which is a brand often sold at local grocery stores. They’re all white and the fit was smaller than L Goodnites. The sides were weak. The padding is soft but it strangely had a gravel type feel. It’s the only way I could describe it. It seemed reasonably thick. But it ended up leaking every time. It’s fit was similar to underjams. I’m not certain but I feel like there might be another manufacturer making these store brand pull-ups. If memory serves right. These Best Choice ones were a lot like Dollar General, Family Dollar, Walmart versions. Family Dollar used to have ones with planets that felt huge on me and the never leaked. My best guess was that it was right after getting back from Iraq. I lost a ton of weight. They changed their pull-ups to a smaller, less absorbent pant. I think I read that the older ones were made by Kimberly Clark. The sides were all white I believe.

I’ve never tried Up&Up. The Kroger Nite Pants I’ve tried. They are like someone said, the same as a Boys L/XL. The padding is set up for Boys even though they’re unisex.

HyVee has the Tippy Toes brand diapers but I’ve never seen their L/XL pants in store. It’s another private label for local grocery stores. I’ve seen them online. So I know they exist. There’s another one called Allnites that I’ve never tried but I seem to remember them having the exact same prints as the Walgreens Well Beginnings brand. I don’t remember them well. I wore them in college once and was shocked when I had an accident and they held everything. Goodnites had always leaked. A time later well beginnings changed to a granny panty style that was snug and fit a lot like Ninjamas. Then they got rid of them altogether but I feel the Allnites are the same as those original ones from Walgreens.

There’s a medical brand I’ve tried from the thrift store. Curity Youth Pants. They were all white and had a thick, wide padding that went all the way up or almost all the way up the front and back. They were granny panty style but fit more like tighty whities. I was shocked at how well they fit with how much weight I’ve gained recently. I had high hopes for these but they leaked every time. I did a water test just pouring water in them while in the sink. They swelled a TON. I determined they relied entirely on SAP. Even with controlled flow they still leaked. I figured they didn’t have good distribution front to back.

I’ve wanted to try international brands like Krudviat, Magics Pyjama pants, I’m drawing a blank on the others I’ve heard of.

It seems the majority of store brands are small and don’t have enough padding. They often rely on SAP more than pulp. So oftentimes they aren’t worth the trouble.

mattyd said:
I think it would be handy to know how easily these fit vs others. I know the new goodnites XL finally fits me but for years it was off limits. Curious if any other brands run bigger or not.
Given the sample size of 6 store brands (Rite Aid's Overnights, Kroger's Nite Pants, Target's Up & Ups, Meijer, CVS, and Best Choice) of recent experience in this thread, I'd say expect a fit like the old Goodnites L/XL at best when it comes to store brand. Seems like Goodnites XL are still the best in terms of wearability for most ABDLs. Maybe there's some hidden gem of store brand alternative to Goodnites out there but it seems the best ones are white label Goodnites L/XL.

I just bought some Kroger Night Pants today. They are identical to L/XL Goodnites and I love them. The designs are nice. But I can't recommend them if you can't fit in a L Goodnite.

GoodnitesAreGoat said:
I just bought some Kroger Night Pants today. They are identical to L/XL Goodnites and I love them. The designs are nice. But I can't recommend them if you can't fit in a L Goodnite.
They’re bigger than L Goodnites. I struggle fitting into L but the Kroger L/XL fit fine.

Back