Turn any shoe into velcro Idea

kratox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
I have been looking for velcro shoes that look childish for so long and I got super mad. So instead do steaming in my pamps and throwing a tantrum, I started making a plan. I probably might add more overhang to the side for the velcro to attach to.

Whats the benefit:
1) You can still preserve the shoe without sewing onto it. This also allows for people to
2) Can change out velcros when they get to weak, or are full of junk.
3) Customization: you can change it to different cute patterns at will and stuff.

Issues:
1) Need to find a fastener similar to this: I plan to 3d print this but issue I have is I can't calculate the amount of force that within a shoe. PLA and ABSdepending on how they are printed can withhold up to like 248 lbs before snapping/bending. If I can find a metal variant that would resolve this easily.
2)Length of holes could vary from shoe to shoe but shouldn't be to big of a problem.

bcfd4758c0a0238a7ed262ec2fee331e[1].png

Reactions: Deleted member 47221 and FeliDaKitten
That's a good idea. Instead of a fastener though, maybe make it with thin velcto straps that line up with the shoelace holes. You can velcro the one side into the holes and have the straps hidden on the bottom side. Then you'd have the larger velcro straps for securing the shoe in place.

Reactions: Deleted member 47221
Interesting... I may need to look into this.

I recently found and item called Replace A Lace that is basically what your trying to make. I was about to order some they even come in lots of colors.

rebelboy said:
I recently found and item called Replace A Lace that is basically what your trying to make. I was about to order some they even come in lots of colors.
I personally do not like those that much. The strap looks to skinny depending on the shoe and looks sort of industrial. My idea was trying to make it more natural looking.

Honestly it makes no sense with how little vareity there is. I understand there might not be a market for certain items but this is ridiculous, its almost non existent. Its bad enough that mens shoes are really lacking and pushing towards "male" stereotypes.

Reactions: MASONJAR
I have actually found quite a few velcro shoes, mostly sport shoes, some even in fun colours...but this idea is interesting too! You might even get away with using cable ties as fasteners to the lace holes since most of it will be covered up anyway...but if you find a method to 3D print it that's of course even more awesome!

Honestly I would LOVE this if the sound of Velcro didn’t make my skin crawl and my teeth ache. Idk what it is about Velcro but the sound makes me sick to my stomach and hurts my ears. If you could somehow invent a less obnoxiously sounding Velcro, I would give you ALL my money (not literally but you get my point lol). I can fit into kids shoes but the Velcro...I shudder at the thought. I bought a cute pair of kids shoes but I can’t wear them because of the Velcro 😞. So if you could make a quieter Velcro too, that would be perfect!

tldr:
If you make a quiet Velcro that would be the bees knees!

Schwanensee said:
I have actually found quite a few velcro shoes, mostly sport shoes, some even in fun colours...but this idea is interesting too! You might even get away with using cable ties as fasteners to the lace holes since most of it will be covered up anyway...but if you find a method to 3D print it that's of course even more awesome!

Feel free to post the ones you've found.

I've searched all over and generally;
  • They will either only be in feminine colors and sizes
  • Boys shoe sizes stop being cute at a really young age compared to womans
  • They will have the annoying 3 straps or super skinny straps
  • The male colors will only be in nasty varieties
  • And finally some just don't come in the right sizes. Most of the ones that are decent stop at like size 6 in mens
I've searched: Geox, adidas, reebok, skeechers, nike, converse, vans, alibaba, and etc

Last edited:
My biking shoes have velcro straps. My wife once asked me if I wanted her to order some velcro strapped shoes which Amazon carried. She had ordered me onsies and other baby things before. She was the best.

kratox said:
Feel free to post the ones you've found.

I've searched all over and generally;
  • They will either only be in feminine colors and sizes
  • Boys shoe sizes stop being cute at a really young age compared to womans
  • They will have the annoying 3 straps or super skinny straps
  • The male colors will only be in nasty varieties
  • And finally some just don't come in the right sizes. Most of the ones that are decent stop at like size 6 in mens
I've searched: Geox, adidas, reebok, skeechers, nike, converse, vans, alibaba, and etc
Any updates on this? Ive been searching so much the last few months my browser thought I was a robot looking up the same thing x amount of times I had to solve a re-capatcha
Like anything not white, brown bluish black or black with two straps 🤔

Back