Trying to be a good mommy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arashi

Contributor
Role
So recently my boyfriend has been trying to be little a lot more often when he's home or has a long weekend with days off from work. While I'm perfectly fine with changing him and (attempting, I'm still learning) to treat him like my baby boy, I have a couple questions that I've brought up with him and we have talked a little about these but he didn't really know how to answer them. My first question is "Does my ability to take care of you (ie my bf) affect how good of a mother I will be to our future children?" - let me clarify this by saying that I'm a long ways off from actually having kids and want to get my mental state under control and make sure I can take care of myself before I even think about bringing a child into this world. My second question "I already try to talk to him like he's little and this might just take practice but is there anything I can do to kind of...get into the mind set of being a mommy?"

Thanks for reading!
Arashi

Inside he is little, he feels little... look past the man in front of you to the little guy inside of him... talk to him... the little guy, he will love it, he will love you.

Reactions: DippyDawg and siysiy
Really good question. And thank you for sharing.

Also well done for being willing to take on the caregiver role for your BF and giving him space to regress and have Little space.

This is just my opinion and you will while your bf is havering Little space time, I would talk to him as if he is a toddler.

Keep what you are saying in short sentences with simple words.

Think first, next, than. Or First, then.

Ie. First we are going to get you dressed. Next we are we are going to get you breakfast. Then you can play.

Or first, then

First we need to choose a Disney film to watch. Then we can have cuddles.

You will make mistakes as a caregiver so don't worry, just remember to talk things through at the end.

This way you both get to know what works for you both and what doesn't.

Hope that is helpful

Hugs

I don't think your ability to care for 'real children' and the care you provide your boyfriend are in any way related. If anything, what you do for him will stand you in good stead when you actually become a mother yourself.

As Siysiy notes, the real challenge in caring for an AB is communication. My once-a-week nanny never says anything to me that she wouldn't actually say to a preschooler, but that is more difficult when you're together all the time. I'm sure you handle all the physical challenges - feeding, bathing, dressing and changing - without an issue, but communication is always tough, because you're essentially playing a role. The important thing to remember is that your boyfriend isn't roleplaying; he's regressing. There's a serious difference.

I'd recommend that you and your boyfriend have a serious talk (during 'adult time') and determine what age he feels most approaches an 'ideal' regression point. His answers may surprise you, and could range from 'full infant' to preschooler or grade schooler. Adjust your interaction to that age level and remember that it's hard to make a mistake when all he asks is love and care.

Finally, make sure he offers you something in return. Most of us here would give all we own to have someone in our lives who accepts us as we are, provides the care we need from time to time, and is a loving and concerned partner. If he doesn't already treasure you, he should!

Reactions: littlemoosey
Arashi said:
"Does my ability to take care of you (ie my bf) affect how good of a mother I will be to our future children?"
"I already try to talk to him like he's little and this might just take practice but is there anything I can do to kind of...get into the mind set of being a mommy?"

Thanks for reading!
Arashi
1. In my opinion, it does not. Since CGL/ABDL relationships usually include some sort of romantic and/or sexual emotions, it won't prepare you for being a real parent. Now, I don't know much about being a mother because I don't have any offspring of my own, but I can tell you a mental baby is nowhere near as difficult as having a real baby.
2. This is something you'll have to work and experiment with. Personally, I find that when my girlfriend talks in her little voice or calls me mommy, it helps me get into dommespace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back