Travelling to USA

Tenaman

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I am flying to LA shortly and will be in California for a couple of weeks. Staying in LA to start with and then driving north ending up in SF. Rather than fly from the UK with packs of adult nappies it makes more sense to buy them when I am in the USA. I use the Tena Slip Maxi Active Fit taped nappies/diapers and have heavy urinary incontinence. I’d be really grateful for suggestions of where to buy adult nappies/diapers and which brand is best. Megamax seems to be a good brand.
Many thanks

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Order online and have them shipped to where you are staying first. Every time I order they are at my house in a few days. You can always order on amazon and have them there the same day or next day as well.

Reactions: Diprs2, Joeysms, Edgewater and 2 others
Thanks. That’s a great tip.

Reactions: Edgewater
At least in Northern California there are a number of medical supply places that also deliver. Quite sure it would be the same in the South. Just Google search "incontinence supplies near me" when you arrive.

Pharmacies and big box stores like Walmart here lack any sort of quality diapers. In fact CVS recently decided to do away with the one effective pull up Id grab if I was in a pinch.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Rusher
Any of the companies will ship if you explain the situation. Beats not having them and needing them.

I'd only bring enough to get through through a few days in case there are any issues with delivery or something like that. I'd recommend any of the 3 megamax types, the regular Megamax, or the AirLock and AirLock Lites. I assume you'll be walking around a lot, so the AirLocks being cloth-backed will give you relief from the heat. They can ship to either your hotel or hold at a location that is close to your hotel (they have a search function to find one close, I'd just find the hotel zipcode and search that way).

Also, as someone born in LA, I will provide unsolicited advice on things to do. First, go to a Dodger playoff game. It will be fairly expensive, but its worth it to see the best MLB franchise team play. And you won't get to go to a game in SF because they didn't make the playoffs. Next, if you're going to any beaches, I'd recommend Newport Beach and Balboa Island. Its not as crazy for partying as other beaches though if that's you're scene.

Thank you for all the advice everyone

Reactions: Edgewater
Will gently rib @newt here because it's my responsibility as a NorCal representative. ;)

Only go to a Dodger playoff game if you're interested in seeing the highest payrolled team getting bounced out like they typically do year after year.

Newport & Balboa are nice but since you'll be heading north take the Hwy 1 & 101 routes. Very nice coastal communities like Pismo & Santa Barbara along the way. Also try to stop by Solvang if you have a chance. Monterey Bay is also worth a look.

California tourism thread hijacking officially over. :)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, newt, Edgewater and 1 other person
OMG I did a spit take laughing at that post.

Well, @NannaAnnabelle I remember the last time the Giants made the playoffs they were bounced by the Dodgers.

I miss talking trash to Giants fans. Moving to Miami means only seeing Marlins fans. And they’re always so bad it’s just mean to talk trash to them.

But I cannot talk trash about those recommendations. Solvang, Pismo, Santa Barbara, and Monterrey are all so beautiful it’s unfair. Only thing I’d add to that list is San Luis Obispo, even if it is a bit more inland than the others.

And back to the topic at hand!

Contact your pre-register First Night Hotel /Motel and verify their normally needed information for a third party to ship to them and hold the diapers for your arrival. THEN contact the Supplier (like Northshore) with that information and your arrival date.

Have fun!

FYI: Your arriving in early October so the heat of Summer is ending and SF is commonly cooler. Since you are traveling by car, you may want to have your US based travel diaper requirements shipped in a single shipment to your first night Hotel /Motel.

Reactions: Diprs2 and newt
newt said:
I'd only bring enough to get through through a few days in case there are any issues with delivery or something like that. I'd recommend any of the 3 megamax types, the regular Megamax, or the AirLock and AirLock Lites. I assume you'll be walking around a lot, so the AirLocks being cloth-backed will give you relief from the heat. They can ship to either your hotel or hold at a location that is close to your hotel (they have a search function to find one close, I'd just find the hotel zipcode and search that way).

Also, as someone born in LA, I will provide unsolicited advice on things to do. First, go to a Dodger playoff game. It will be fairly expensive, but its worth it to see the best MLB franchise team play. And you won't get to go to a game in SF because they didn't make the playoffs. Next, if you're going to any beaches, I'd recommend Newport Beach and Balboa Island. Its not as crazy for partying as other beaches though if that's you're scene
1988 was the last time the dodgers made it to the world series before they won in 2017,18,2020 calling them the best in the MLB is pushing it bud

Reactions: Diprs2
Cyprushill427 said:
1988 was the last time the dodgers made it to the world series before they won in 2017,18,2020 calling them the best in the MLB is pushing it bud
I was just trying to rile up some Giants fans. Mission accomplished

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2 and NannaAnnabelle
thicknnoisy said:
Order online and have them shipped to where you are staying first. Every time I order they are at my house in a few days. You can always order on amazon and have them there the same day or next day as well.
we do this a lot. plan ahead. check with where you are staying about having a drop shipment / delivery made. can be very quick delivery with most on line suppliers.

Tenaman said:
Thanks. That’s a great tip.
If you order Megamax or other Northshore products, however, I'd order them directly from Northshore. The pricing of their products is utterly insane on Amazon (as in, everything costs nearly double, I think). Weirdly, I think I've seen the company rep talking on here about how that pricing is outside their control for some reason, like it's Amazon itself or some other third-party vendor doing the markup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, newt, Edgewater and 1 other person
DelC said:
If you order Megamax or other Northshore products, however, I'd order them directly from Northshore. The pricing of their products is utterly insane on Amazon (as in, everything costs nearly double, I think). Weirdly, I think I've seen the company rep talking on here about how that pricing is outside their control for some reason, like it's Amazon itself or some other third-party vendor doing the markup.
Oh certainly I order directly. I saw the prices on Amazon insanely high. I appreciate the heads up though

Reactions: Diprs2, newt and Edgewater
NannaAnnabelle said:
At least in Northern California there are a number of medical supply places that also deliver. Quite sure it would be the same in the South. Just Google search "incontinence supplies near me" when you arrive.

Pharmacies and big box stores like Walmart here lack any sort of quality diapers. In fact CVS recently decided to do away with the one effective pull up Id grab if I was in a pinch.
What did you get from CVS? I think they removed the Tena Men which is what I used to get if I needed something ASAP for some reason.

Reactions: NannaAnnabelle and Edgewater
DL1989 said:
What did you get from CVS? I think they removed the Tena Men which is what I used to get if I needed something ASAP for some reason.
They also removed the TENA Intimates Overnight line which was a fairly respectable pull-up.

Reactions: Edgewater and craigd1341
NannaAnnabelle said:
They also removed the TENA Intimates Overnight line which was a fairly respectable pull-up.
Frustrating for sure. Tena Men was the only store product I could use when an unexpected issues happen.

Back