Traveling in diapers

RTV101

Love Wearing Diapers
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have always used diapers when traveling by car. It is really quite convenient and pretty easy to find a place to change on the road. I typically change at a rest stop or fast food restaurants often have large private stalls in the bathroom.

Over the past few years I have done more and more air travel. I have had really great experience with this. I typically wait to put on a diaper until after TSA, although with pre-check you are not even scanned. Then I find a restroom with a large stall or companion restrooms are becoming more and more common.

It is great to be on a long flight and not have to worry about getting up to use the bathroom. Any other diapered air travelers out there? Any tips you have to make it easy? Ever had any trouble at the airport?

Oh, I completely agree. I wear a MegaMax with XL Contoured Booster under terry-lined vinyl pants and wear jeans two sizes larger than my normal waist. I also wear a plain onesie to further hide my padded rear from the casual observer. I'm TSA Pre-screened and am dry going through security, but once past that, I wet myself without a care. The extra bulk as an added bonus provides extra cushioning on those uncomfortable coach seats. One time, my flight was cancelled and I had to take a connecting flight to my destination, which in turn was delayed several hours. I was quite soggy by the time I arrived at my destination, but never needed a change.

Last edited:
Reactions: FunSizeJake
I've travelled extensively in diapers. I've never had an issue with TSA even when routed to the nud-o-vision scanners. I do make sure that it's clean and dry before going through security. I've even been randomly selected and groped without comment.

I just flew diapered this past week and it was a breeze. The flight I was most worried about was LAX to Houston since LAX security can be pretty tight. I was lucky and had TSA pre-check and only had to go through a metal detector and no one even batted an eye. I wore sweats and a sweatshirt and enjoyed my diapered flight.

I've never had a problem going through airport security in nappies.

The thing is, when i arrive in the airport and am guided to the checkin -> gate with the meet & assist, they do it in one go. I have no opportunity to ask to change right before entering the security checkpoint with metal detectors / patdown etc.
Since I wear a CGM I am not allowed to be scanned wit hthe full body scan as it will damage it.
This means I have no choice but to go through the checkpoint wet, as the meet & assist will drop me off at the gate where I can find a toilet nearby to change.
If security is difficult about that I duely protest.

I fly from the US to Asia, Europe or South America a couple of times a month. Flight times are 5 hours to 20 hours.

I wet almost every night, so I need to wear a diaper.

It's important to keep hydrated on a long fight, so I drink a lot of water. I don't wet when awake, and normally I couldn't wet while awake even if I tried. But if you're in a long passport-control or customs line after drinking lots of water on a 14-hour flight, wearing a diaper is a godsend. (My wife wears one of my diapers when she flies internationally with me, for just that reason.)

I put one on in the airline's lounge (I fly first or business class) just before going to the gate. I take extras in a small carry-on bag with my shave kit, so I have a small and simple bag to take to the lavatory if I need to change on the plane. I use heavy-duty anatomical pads with a velcro-close diaper cover, which makes changing easy.

Reactions: ChocChip
rio20090 said:
... I use heavy-duty anatomical pads with a velcro-close diaper cover, which makes changing easy.

Anatomical pads? What are those? I tried doing an internet search, but could not find anything definitive.

Absolutely! I love to travel diapered, especially long distances. I was living & working in Australia about two years ago, and I often had to drive long distance in lesser populated areas. Diapers saved me more than once, when a restroom wasn't available.

I did fly a few times and can say it is so much more relaxing. Not having to get up, standing in line before the toilet,...
First times I put the diaper on after security. But the last times I went through them with a dry one on. Nobody noticed or at leased asked/said something.
Recently I had to change planes in Oslo from long distance from USA. I changed my diaper shortly before landing. I was thinking about not to change because the diaper had some capacity left but then did it. That was a lucky decision because there was another security directly after the gate at Oslo I didn't expect (propably quite normal, but I didn't think about before). So better get changed when you have to change the plane.

FrancisAshley said:
Anatomical pads? What are those? I tried doing an internet search, but could not find anything definitive.

Basically a heavy duty disposable diaper, but without without the sides and tapes.

I fly in thick diapers all the time, and have for years. I've had some interesting TSA experiences over the years, which, even with Pre-Check, has led me being groped and diaper felt and exposed (in private screening rooms) by TSA on various occasions. I do my best to always change into a dry diaper before security, though with tight international connections, this isn't always possible. I am blessed to be able to have access to First or Business Class lounges while traveling, so I will usually take a shower in the lounge (where available) and then change into thick, multi-layered diapers after the shower in the privacy of the shower room. On long international flights, depending on the airline, I am often given pajamas to change into. Some hide the diapers better than others, but I really don't care who notices my diapers on the plane. The important thing is to be comfortable and secure. Thanks to the diapers, I can sleep uninterrupted for over 10 hours on the long flights and not have to worry about leaking.

Last edited:
I wear training underwear and plastic underpants (PUL) always when traveling by plane. Never a problem even when TSA searches my bag sometimes (rarely) and they brush their hands right over my plastic underpants (but never pull them out) just prior to me going into the restroom to put them on at the gate. Sometime I wake up after a 3 hour nap and am right on the edge to go and let loose a bit to ease the prssure of having to go. For long flights (over 6 hours) I get Abena or Rearz heavy disposables to wear and never have to worry about leaks.

I pretty much wear all the time when I travel by plane, the bathrooms are so small and not comfy, so its easier to just wear my potty :)

I just flew padded, i was pulled over to have my carry-on thoroughly checked, diapers very well visible, otherwise no issues.

That sounds lovely. No worries about getting up AND the warmth around the groin area when you do feel like releasing! I don't fly much and am super stealth, so I'm not sure I'll ever get to. It's nice to read about that. I was thinking road trip...I've totally done that. It feels so good to be in a traffic jam and peeing just because i can while other people squirm in their cars. :p

Reactions: RedPandaDL, ChocChip and nezquic66
DLsecretlittle said:
That sounds lovely. No worries about getting up AND the warmth around the groin area when you do feel like releasing! I don't fly much and am super stealth, so I'm not sure I'll ever get to. It's nice to read about that. I was thinking road trip...I've totally done that. It feels so good to be in a traffic jam and peeing just because i can while other people squirm in their cars. :p

I've used my diaper in traffic jams, while driving in the middle of no where, and while flying. I've enjoyed them all, especially the challenges with each. Not sure what was the bigger challenge: changing messy at a rest area while driving through Virginia or changing a soaked diaper twice on a flight from Australia to the US

RTV101 said:
I have always used diapers when traveling by car. It is really quite convenient and pretty easy to find a place to change on the road. I typically change at a rest stop or fast food restaurants often have large private stalls in the bathroom.

Over the past few years I have done more and more air travel. I have had really great experience with this. I typically wait to put on a diaper until after TSA, although with pre-check you are not even scanned. Then I find a restroom with a large stall or companion restrooms are becoming more and more common.

It is great to be on a long flight and not have to worry about getting up to use the bathroom. Any other diapered air travelers out there? Any tips you have to make it easy? Ever had any trouble at the airport?
So this is an extremely relevant post. I don't travel by air very often, however my maintenance job requires a lot of transit between sites, and with a small bladder, absorbent diapers are a must. Like some others above, I use the NorthShore MegaMax with a booster pad, as well as the NorthShore plastic underwear. I'm not too worries about people finding out, and it would be highly unlikely that they would since the plastic pants look just like normal underwear. I would HIGHLY recommend getting some if you're worries about smell, leaking, or discovery. It basically covers all three of those bases in one discreet and comfortable product. I would imagine that waiting to wet (if at all possible) until you're through the security checks is a good idea. I can also vouch for the recent additions of unisex or handicap restrooms, especially at universities. That's mainly what I'd use to change if I'm between classes and such. Check the plastic covers out here.

Reactions: Toph86
On international flights out of India (and in many other places), security will inspect your bag by dumping it out on a table in front of everyone as you go to the plane. So expect to have everyone on the plane see the diapers in your carryon.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: FunSizeJake
I have worn them on long distance trains but never tried on a plane yet. I have a flight coming in November so maybe I’ll try it. I guess security is plenty used to seeing incontinent passengers so a diaper isn’t likely to phase them.

Reactions: ChocChip and FunSizeJake
Back