Travel reasons

padded1989

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Did anyone else use diapers for a long time for travel reasons like long drives without bathroom stops? I did growing up and I think it got me into liking them too, and wondered if any of you feel the same way. Comfort and convenience feelings felt happy!

padded1989 said:
Did anyone else use diapers for a long time for travel reasons like long drives without bathroom stops? I did growing up and I think it got me into liking them too, and wondered if any of you feel the same way. Comfort and convenience feelings felt happy!
I did. I had an overactive bladder as a child so I got little to no warning of when I needed to go. On car journeys my parents made me wear them until I was about 9.

I remember a particularly accident vividly. I would have been about 8 or 9 and we were stuck in traffic. I'm the middle child of 3 and my younger brother who is 2 years younger than me was also wearing a nappy. My older brother wasn't although he had done previously and I remember him having accidents. We were stuck in traffic and I became desperate and started completing to my parents. They eventually told me to go in my nappy if I really couldn't hold it much to my brothers annoyance as they were sat either side of me.

Inevitably I wet myself and the smell of urine filled the car and I started crying. I was more embarrassed that I'd wet myself when my younger brother had managed to stay dry. We eventually got to the nearest services and I was changed to my great embarrassment in the baby changing area.

Reactions: Diaperpee8 and padded1989
awe yea we remember those moments like that! and wasnt at rest area places kinda the worst? i preferred car changes just for comfyness

padded1989 said:
awe yea we remember those moments like that! and wasnt at rest area places kinda the worst? i preferred car changes just for comfyness
Much more private though. The thought of being changed in the car would of terrified me. Being laid out on the back seat and having my trousers pulled down with other people potentially able to see is a terrifying thought.

The 'walk of shame' across the forecourt of a crowded service station with a visible and people able to smell you as pretty bad though. Least the room you get changed in is large and private and you can be properly cleaned up.

Reactions: padded1989
Lostboy123 said:
Much more private though. The thought of being changed in the car would of terrified me. Being laid out on the back seat and having my trousers pulled down with other people potentially able to see is a terrifying thought.

The 'walk of shame' across the forecourt of a crowded service station with a visible and people able to smell you as pretty bad though. Least the room you get changed in is large and private and you can be properly cleaned up.
yea that walk was always memorable! and sometimes so lazy in pajamas during a really long driving day at least for me

padded1989 said:
Yep i was a bedwetter till late teens at about 17 and whenever we travel internationally i would always be in diapers and its mandatory that i wear them . At home i wore diapers every night and having to wear diapers though ages where raging hormones are at its peak did nothing but made me into a DL.

padded1989 said:

Yep, was always in diapers on planes when travelling internationally up until age 10 or so as was still having accidents during the day. Long road trips locally by car, too. Thinking back, it was a logistical nightmare for my parents having to always travel with diapers as additional luggage lol. It's stuff you don't think about when you're a kid, at least I didn't.

I even remember being in pyjamas + diapers on super long haul flights which were hours long. Was super comfy. Couldn't do that now as an adult, sadly 😅
Or maybe you could if you didn't mind the stares/comments that'd almost certainly follow! 😬🫢

that all resonates with me and it developed our comfort i think. Yea i remember having a diaper bag and usually extras in the trunk on trips and just using them as needed even tho i would moan and groan a bit about having them on still

padded1989 said:
that all resonates with me and it developed our comfort i think. Yea i remember having a diaper bag and usually extras in the trunk on trips and just using them as needed even tho i would moan and groan a bit about having them on still

Ha, yep. Exact same as me. Protested so much as a kid, really didn't want to wear them.
Now though it's a very different story lol. Strange how things change 😅

The only time I have done this is long trips by car, and if I'm alone. There have been numerous times I was traveling with others and wish I could be wearing for convince.

Back