Transitioning from Diapers to Guards

berrt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I am super excited, but I think it's time that I can move from full tape on diapers to just wearing male guards most days.

My bladder problems were kind of odd - I wasn't fully ic and had most of my control. I think most of my problems are caused by some combination of neurological and heart problems. While I was able to make it to the toilet, I often times had painful spasms from holding it and then there was the frequency and volume that were absolutely insane (I was urinating roughly 1.5 gallons a day at the worst!)

Now, the medical team I've been working with hasn't yet gotten to the route of my problems or fully solved anything, but they have started treatments on the heart rate and blood pressure spikes with some medication. With this, I have been able to reduce my fluid intake a fair bit - this has made holding it much more comfortable and the urges to go a bit more in line with "normal".

With all of this, I am getting more comfortable with not wearing a diaper and instead wearing the heavier guards to protect from any small leaks that may sometimes happen and to fully handle my post void dripping that happens quite often. I know there will be worse days where I feel more comfortable wearing the diapers, but it's nice knowing that, so far, after starting this new medicine I can get away from that and be more "normal" for a 31yr old father.

Reactions: AUG168, HalMidLife and iatec779
Awesome news!! Great to hear a story going the right way!!
A good in between product I found that works for me are the Tena Super Plus men’s underwear. The male guards work but I sit at a desk most of the day and they have a tendancy to not stay in the right place. An urge can leak down out the guard; like it’s too high in underwear when sitting. Anyway I found the underwear to fix that.
Took a few weeks to get used to wearing them but I’d your in a diaper, these will feel way better.
Just an option

Woohoo
Congrats on graduating to gaurds! Hope you & your team continue to make progress

That's awesome, and you'll save some $$ as well. As many of us know all too well, diapers are expensive! Edited to say that last week, I was in a very (very very) hot climate for 5 days or so, and used guards with regular underwear. I was sweating so bad that I hardly had to pee at all, and because of that I had no need for diapers

Last edited:
Back