TotalDry X-Plus vs. Bambino Bellissimo (and comparison to Rearz)

wildcat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I haven't found any good info about this comparison, at least not in their current iterations so here is a brief comparison between these two diapers. I've been trying to find the perfect daytime and nighttime diapers (value: good price vs. # of changes required). Hope it helps someone.

TotalDry X-Plus weight: 6 3/4 ounces
Bellissimo weight: 7 3/4 ounces
Bellissimo is about 3/16 inches thicker than X-Plus folded when using a book to compress.

Both products use the same plastic backing, super soft absorbent padding, same top sheet, same plastic and landing zone thickness. True to description the Bellissimo is a slightly more absorbent version of the original Bambino and TotalDry lineup.

Additional info and comparison to other brands:

The X-Plus and Bellissimo are comparatively quiet to a lot of products. They are quieter than Dry 24/7 or Rearz Inspire+ but slightly noisier than BetterDry (which I think is the quietest plastic backed diaper). They are about the same noise level as the Northshore MegaMax and Rearz Inspire original.

The X-Plus and Bellissimo wick better than any of the Rearz products I've tried. Both have a slightly thicker padding in the crotch area than the Rearz Inspire & Inspire+
The Rearz products have a slightly taller inner standing leg guard. Both brands are about the same width.

The X-Plus is thicker folded than the Rearz Inspire but thinner than the Rearz Inspire+

X-Plus capacity seems equal to that of Rearz Inspire Original and Inspire+ Incontrol (honestly to me both Rearz seem to absorb the same though Inspire+ is thicker and noisier).

Belissimo capacity seems equal or slightly better to that of BetterDry.

X-Plus and Bellissimo are both cheaper than any Rearz product of equal ratings.

What's next:
Bellissimo beats NorthShore MegaMax on absorbency even though they boast a high iso rating. Maybe the new batches of MegaMax will improve? Maybe XP5000 will beat them all? Should I try some ABU simple products?

Reactions: jt1220 and Jonnythepony
Nice comparisons and I completely agree with every one of them as I've tried them all myself. I'm interested to hear about the XP5000. The ratings on XP Medical show it to be right up there with Dry 24/7 and BetterDry, so let's wait to hear from actual results.

The only problem I have right now with TotalDry X-Plus is I can't find any :(

jt1220 said:
Nice comparisons and I completely agree with every one of them as I've tried them all myself. I'm interested to hear about the XP5000. The ratings on XP Medical show it to be right up there with Dry 24/7 and BetterDry, so let's wait to hear from actual results.
The XP 5000 won't trump the dry 247s? From what I read, they look to be superior than most other medical style diapers.

Antientmariner said:
The XP 5000 won't trump the dry 247s? From what I read, they look to be superior than most other medical style diapers.
Could be, and I certainly hope they are! LOL Love a good, thick diaper.

jt1220 said:
Could be, and I certainly hope they are! LOL Love a good, thick diaper.
Well if you look at medical style diapers, they never have hook and loop tapes. If you're going to slap those on, you better make sure the diaper is thick and make sure it has a good capacity.

Last edited:
Antientmariner said:
Well if you look at medical style diapers, they never have hook and loop tapes. If you're going to slap those on, you better make sure the diaper is thick and make sure it has a good capacity.
You're right about that. Hook and loop tabs and thick padding from a "medical-grade" diaper??? Can't wait to try it out!

jt1220 said:
You're right about that. Hook and loop tabs and thick padding from a "medical-grade" diaper??? Can't wait to try it out!
These might be a good competitor for megamax if it weren't for that price tag.i can't remember the price exactly, but I know they cost more. They're going to want to drop the price later when they realize where they are competitively

Love the new V2 Belissmos!

Back