Today is National Lego Day!

BobbiSueEllen

A happy, soggy li'l toddle-waddle Pampers girl.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Well, I thought it'd be International Lego Day...it should be. Whaddyasay we start the trend, from Lego lovers the world over? 🥳🥰

Here's my three...

This is the Lego Technic 8856 Whirlwind Rescue...my first real Technic kit bought, back in 1995, with working/tilting rotors, retractable gear and fully-functioning rescue boom & hook...

8856-1.jpg

Right after that, also in 1995, it was the 1,300+ piece Lego Technic 8880 Super Car, with 'working' engine, 4-speed transmission, drivelines & differentials, hood, steering, suspension, seats, mirrors and retractable headlights...

8880-1.jpg

And the latest one, December 2023, is the Lego Technic 42152 Firefighter Aircraft, a really unique blend of the Canadair CL-415 firefighter and DeHavilland Canada Dash8 series, with spinning props, movable elevator & ailerons, functional load/dump water-hatch with 'water' bricks...and retractable landing gear!

42152-1.jpg
And here they are, on my toy shelf (among other things...):

My Toys.jpg
So...what cool Lego things ya got? Show 'em off here! 🥳🥰

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BBBen, JustAVisitor, TrashPanda01 and 7 others
I love lego i didn't know today was national lego day! im at work right now but i'll show off some when i get home!

• Love
Reactions: KBoy, Tigressmoon22, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
Your pics make me want to play legos! 🥳 Maybe it SHOULD be A fun National lego day!
I've had fun putting critter puzzles together. They're packed away since I had to do spring cleaning...Thanks for the inspiration to get my fun puzzles and things out again.

Edited forgotten add: The critter puzzles are similar to legos in that the parts click together to make the animal, like eagles, bears, dinos, etc., but the parts are parts, asymmetrical. I have them in a big zip-lock SOMEWHERE!!!!
Great idea!!

(y)😍

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KBoy, mistykitty and BobbiSueEllen
I love all things Lego 😁

• Love
Reactions: Sealander, TrashPanda01, KBoy and 3 others
Not mine. Some of my adult sons collection.

Attachments

• 20240124_165705.jpg
    20240124_165705.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • 20240124_165654.jpg
    20240124_165654.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • 20240124_165648.jpg
    20240124_165648.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • Love
Reactions: TrashPanda01, TreeLad, KBoy and 1 other person
Lego has come a long way since my childhood playing days
some of the sets these days are massive multiple thousand peice sets in the almost 1000 dollar price range
it's amazing how they now cater to kids & the adults who used to be kids (or still are on this site)

Reactions: TrashPanda01, KBoy and BobbiSueEllen
SparkyDog said:
Lego has come a long way since my childhood playing days
some of the sets these days are massive multiple thousand peice sets in the almost 1000 dollar price range
it's amazing how they now cater to kids & the adults who used to be kids (or still are on this site)
I know, right? Remember the early '70s 'til the early '80s? I sure do!

Reactions: TreeLad and KBoy
Woncrinklz said:
Your pics make me want to play legos! 🥳 Maybe it SHOULD be A fun National lego day!
I've had fun putting critter puzzles together. They're packed away since I had to do spring cleaning...Thanks for the inspiration to get my fun puzzles and things out again.

Edited forgotten add: The critter puzzles are similar to legos in that the parts click together to make the animal, like eagles, bears, dinos, etc., but the parts are parts, asymmetrical. I have them in a big zip-lock SOMEWHERE!!!!
Great idea!!

(y)😍
They have holidays for everything else: dougnuts, popcorn, pizza, doing stuff backwards, etc so why not legos as well. I like that idea.

• Love
Reactions: foxkits, StarryNight, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
BobbiSueEllen said:
I know, right? Remember the early '70s 'til the early '80s? I sure do!
You really had to have a good imagination 😅

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
TreeLad said:
You really had to have a good imagination 😅
I know, right? Try making a working crankshaft out of a '70s Lego set! 🫢🤭

• Haha
Reactions: TreeLad and ade
This is what Legos looked like when I was a kid. No plans no instructions use your own imagination

Attachments

• Clipped_image_20240124_203415.png
    Clipped_image_20240124_203415.png
    488.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Love
Reactions: TreeLad and BobbiSueEllen
I don't have any Legos, but they'd be high on the list if I had my own place and more money.

• Love
Reactions: TreeLad and BobbiSueEllen
Back