Tips On Preventing Diaper Rash?

PuppyLover

𝓒𝓻𝔂𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
For a really long while, I'd been wearing disposable diapers on their own, without powder or anything. I have really sensitive skin, and it's been irritating my skin a little bit. I didn't wear as often, but I'm definitely wearing a lot more often now. Now, I'm getting into the habit of using baby powder, and it certainly helps with chafing around the leak guards, but not so much with rash prevention. I'm kinda nervous to use things like baby ointment and such, so I was wondering what everyone else uses. Ointments, gels, powders, anything really. I'm super scared of getting a diaper rash! Plus, I plan on going 24/7 soon, and I wanna be prepared.

FYI: I'm pretty careful about how long I wear diapers. I make sure to use kinds like ABU's Super Dry Kids to prevent a lot of moisture and residue, and even without those, I'm a huge fan of booster pads, so it's not so much the diapers, just what to put on the skin.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Working in the pharmacy world you can get a 30gm (1oz) tube of clotrimazole, hydrocortisone and a large tub of aquafor. You can go to any pharmacy in the US and ask for an empty 360gram ointment jar and mix the two 30gm tubes with the rest aquafor and there ya go miracle diaper cream without the fuss. I would also look into aquafor ointment as a barrier.

Back