Times Square New Years Eve diaper count.

Tundra1975

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I am wondering just how many people at Times Square are diapered tonight. My guess is over 50% of the propane wearing some sort of protection. I think anyone going there tonight would be crazy to go there without wearing a good high capacity diaper.

Reactions: diaperdude
There's definitely a confirmation bias on that front, because 50% is a wild number to toss out there given the average adults reaction towards diaper wearing adults.

People are more likely to pee in an alley than wear a diaper out there. Hell, with as much as I pee, a single diaper wouldn't last the evening anyway. So, without a spot to change and my needed materials (wipes, extra diapers, disposal bag, etc,) A diaper would sort of hinder my time out there. Bigger risk of leaking!

I'm assuming that they treat this like a giant festival and plan weeks or months in advance to provide a lot of porta pottys. Maybe there might be 10-15% of people wearing if I'm giving an overly generous estimate.

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, Dancedprdance, mayhem and 1 other person
BigKid25 said:
I'm assuming that they treat this like a giant festival and plan weeks or months in advance to provide a lot of porta pottys. Maybe there might be 10-15% of people wearing if I'm giving an overly generous estimate.
Even if they had enough prota pottys, which they don't, it wouldn't matter. You can't move once you have you spot. You couldn't get to the potty even if there was one 50 ft away. And, there isn't one 50ft, or 100, or 200 ft away. That said... see below.

Time magazine article

There are no portable restrooms in Times Square for the event, leaving revelers on their own to find a restroom. Restaurants likely won’t let thousands of people in to use the toilet for free without buying something, and leaving could mean losing a viewing spot someone waited hours in line to get. The result? People have said they wear adult diapers.

Now, the 50% estimate is way too high. But a lot of people do wear diapers on NYE. I'd wager a guess the number is about one in a thousand to one in twenty five hundred. And that means along with the rest of the clean up tomorrow morning, there's a bunch of soggy diapers to throw out.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TigerDL, AJFan2020, Sealander and 2 others
Whether you like wearing nappies like us or not I would wear there just to avoid all the hassle.
Plus if it leaked would it really matter as a one off?
Hard to say what percentage but I guess a sizeable proportion ! 😊🧷

I don't understand this odd ancient time keeping ritual at all. You mean to tell me thousands of people gather to expend resources they constantly complain that they don't have to arrive in a crowded vulnerable space. Then they poison themselves excessively and stand unproductive for hours next to other poisoned strangers of unknown hygiene discipline and with no means of bodily waste disposal. Finally they observe the animation of some wierd motorized contraption that has nothing to do with anything really, damage their hearing organs with excess volume, and then return home and feel miserable the next morning. For what purpose?

My 21st century pocket device just automatically and uneventfully updates its calendar at midnight. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: tails1234, sambus, Davvyboy and 3 others
So, just to play with the math. 1 million people, say even 10% wear a diaper. Atleast half of those, 5%, are wearing depends or some other shitty store brand. Of those 50,000, probably 90% will not be able to overcome their toilet training. That means about 5000 will end up using their diaper. I would guess if those 5000, atleast 2000 people should have noticeable leakage.

I've partied, hosted parties and even had bonfires/beer and music in the middle of the woods for new year's parties. WHY ANYONE would want to go amongst hundreds of thousands of others to watch a ball they likely can't se truly escapes my mind! Tonight I spent 6 hours trying to build a $1500 car stereo out of 3 different ones as I have ALWAYS wanted one (installed about a dozen for friends & customers) but could never afford one. I have it working, except for the CD player, so more work on it tomorrow, but I'm proud of myself for making it this far without anything getting smashed off of a wall LOL. In reality I never smash anything off of a wall (outside of people in my younger days) as I have the patience of a rock! That's why my body work is always perfect....too bad I will spend 40 hours on one spot until I get it EXACTLY, PERFECTLY correct! No one will pay me for taking that long body work wise, which is why it never advanced past a hobby that I am gifted at.

CptKirk

Reactions: Deleted member 39193
LittleAndAlone said:
I don't understand this odd ancient time keeping ritual at all. You mean to tell me thousands of people gather to expend resources they constantly complain that they don't have to arrive in a crowded vulnerable space. Then they poison themselves excessively and stand unproductive for hours next to other poisoned strangers of unknown hygiene discipline and with no means of bodily waste disposal. Finally they observe the animation of some wierd motorized contraption that has nothing to do with anything really, damage their hearing organs with excess volume, and then return home and feel miserable the next morning. For what purpose?

My 21st century pocket device just automatically and uneventfully updates its calendar at midnight. 🤷‍♂️
Haha….excellent point !
It is highly unlikely I’ll ever visit Times Square on New Yesrs Eve now !
Happy New Year !

I did the Times Square thing many years ago.

No, not padded.

Its a fond memory and I really enjoyed the experience of which I have no interest repeating. It was really cold. Really crowded and yes, we were all very “poisoned”.

The draw is being together with thousands of other humans, for a brief instant, all being joyfully united.

Tundra1975 said:
I am wondering just how many people at Times Square are diapered tonight. My guess is over 50% of the propane wearing some sort of protection. I think anyone going there tonight would be crazy to go there without wearing a good high capacity diaper.
propane?

CutestPaddedFemboy said:
To air is human....
Unless they all had a gas!
🤪

• Haha
Reactions: BabyCorry and Sealander
LittleAndAlone said:

Yup, humans do some pretty silly things, a constant embarrassment to my avian side. 🐦

Now, if you'll excuse me, that avian side wants to be out in the woods.

My wife and I did this experience back in 2017-2018 New Years. We are both Incontinent. In different ways if you have read any of my other history in posts. We got there about 2 PM. We made it to about 2 blocks away from the ball drop. Neither one of us leaked but we really limited our intake the day prior and held off food for the two days prior knowing what we would be getting into. I am the one that struggles with fecal incontinence. I can usually find a bathroom in time for that but not in this kind of scene because you actually can’t leave prior.

We we boosted our Incontrol diapers with a full tranquility overnight booster and took 8 extra northshore large boosters. We each had a single diaper change with us. We would hover over each other with our friends group and swap them out before they allowed the diaper to get too saturated and had zip lock bags in my huge coat to put the wet ones in. We are lucky to have a group with two other couples that really support us and help us in these types of positions.
Reminder that you can’t leave the area for anything. But I had an awesome jacket at the time with large pockets.

We made it through the night without needing more than two swaps each. We were pretty full though. I had a bowel accident though exiting the subway to the train station for the ride back.

I was able to change in the train station bathroom and get cleaned up. My wife was soaked by the time we got back.

Thing is, it’s a cool experience. But unless you are wildly prepared and have a group of friends to help, I wouldn’t recommend going with a disability like this.

Reactions: TigerDL and CutestPaddedFemboy
I actually saw something on social media about this and someone interviewed one of the 1st people who entered, it was some guy and they asked what he was going to do about bathroom breaks, he ends up pulling out a bunch of pads and said he was going to use them, sorry to tell you pal they wont last long, a few drops only. Then they moved onto a couple and the woman said she was wearing a diaper but they guy didnt admit to anything but im sure he was, so my guess is a lot of people were wearing some type of protection.

LittleAndAlone said:
Finally they observe the animation of some wierd motorized contraption that has nothing to do with anything really
There actually is a reason for the ball drop, which Neil deGrasse Tyson explains here:

Basically, how sailors needed to keep time to keep track of their longitude. They synced their ship clocks by watching a ball drop at noon at the top of an astronomical observatory, who were keeping track of time themselves by watching the stars. (many more details and interesting snippets explained by Neil in the video of course)

Reactions: LittleAndAlone
Interesting. Kinda like how people still cling to daylight savings time when we haven't illuminated things with candles in over 100 years. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: AJFan2020 and TigerDL
The majority are not padded
not 50% not even 10%
might be a very small handful of a few random people

not half of the partiers are wearing diapers. They will pee on the streets & sidewalks before wearing diapers

Reactions: queerpeanut and AJFan2020
Back