Thumb sucking?

snowie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Okay, I’m very new to all this. This is actually my first post here outside of an introduction. Straight to the point, I currently live with family so I have very little time to be… well, little. My boyfriend is super supportive and attentive and even bought me diapers to try when we had the house to ourselves. Well, rest of our family is back now and I’ve felt a bit stifled. For lack of anything else to do to ease my impatience, I tried sucking my thumb and I was very surprised that I found it super comforting =^//^= I started yesterday and I’ve been doing it a lot. I have bad anxiety and it strangely helps me feel okay when I start spiraling. Anyone else do that?

Reactions: DiapAuthor and Lillavenderbun
Same but I mostly love it because it makes me feel calm =^//^=

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what's really little? Taking a nap while snuggling and embracing an adorably soft and cuddly stuffed animal so your arm wraps around them and your hand and thumb conveniently lands close to your face. The warm euphoria of little la la land overcomes you, the thumb just finds its way into your mouth, it's just automatic sometimes. 🫠

😁😁😁

Last edited:
Reactions: AJFan2020 and snowie
snowie said:
Okay, I’m very new to all this. This is actually my first post here outside of an introduction. Straight to the point, I currently live with family so I have very little time to be… well, little. My boyfriend is super supportive and attentive and even bought me diapers to try when we had the house to ourselves. Well, rest of our family is back now and I’ve felt a bit stifled. For lack of anything else to do to ease my impatience, I tried sucking my thumb and I was very surprised that I found it super comforting =^//^= I started yesterday and I’ve been doing it a lot. I have bad anxiety and it strangely helps me feel okay when I start spiraling. Anyone else do that?
Hi Kiddo and welcome to the community.

You may find a Pasifer works as well. A word of worning though thumb sucking can be habit forming, I have to watch my self that I don't do it when I am ment to be Adulting.

Do you have a plushie they are great for anxiety as you can tell them anything and they won't tell anyone else, alos they are alway up for a hug.

May I sergested a trip to Build-A-Bear when they are not busy as the staff will put you in to Little space, if you cab not get to Build-A-Bear then a charity shop can have that special friend that need a place to call home.

Hugs

Reactions: AJFan2020 and snowie
siysiy said:
Hi Kiddo and welcome to the community.

You may find a Pasifer works as well. A word of worning though thumb sucking can be habit forming, I have to watch my self that I don't do it when I am ment to be Adulting.

Do you have a plushie they are great for anxiety as you can tell them anything and they won't tell anyone else, alos they are alway up for a hug.

May I sergested a trip to Build-A-Bear when they are not busy as the staff will put you in to Little space, if you cab not get to Build-A-Bear then a charity shop can have that special friend that need a place to call home.

Hugs
Hi =^-^= first time being called kiddo in a long while, made me happy so thanks =^//^= I have lots of plush babies that me and my boyfriend have collected over the years… nearly 200 of them =o-o=. I‘m with Bun right now, a bunny pushy I’ve had since I was only a few months old! As for the habit forming, I’m not very worried, I don’t generally do a lot of adulting around others since I’m always at home so I’m free to suck my thumb whenever, though I guess it would get some questioning looks from my family =-//-=

Reactions: siysiy
snowie said:
Hi =^-^= first time being called kiddo in a long while, made me happy so thanks =^//^= I have lots of plush babies that me and my boyfriend have collected over the years… nearly 200 of them =o-o=. I‘m with Bun right now, a bunny pushy I’ve had since I was only a few months old! As for the habit forming, I’m not very worried, I don’t generally do a lot of adulting around others since I’m always at home so I’m free to suck my thumb whenever, though I guess it would get some questioning looks from my family =-//-=
Peter bunny says Hi. 20230524_071819.jpg

Reactions: snowie
Adult me thumb sucks 😂 ( maturity at it’s finest) when we’re relaxed or super tired! It annoys my dad though that I’ve still not managed to break the habit yet at the small age of 31 🤣 but it does really help with anxiety i agree with you! Baby me has a dummy so who needs a smelly thumb anyways 🤷🏼‍♀️😂

Reactions: ItsTimmyTime and snowie
snowie said:
Welcome in!

Thumbsucking? On occasion I’ve done it. Usually if I’m turned into my sofa and my dad isn’t looking. I worry about him catching me and getting made fun of. He’s very judgmental.

When he’s not around, I have a pacifier that I take out and suckle.

To answer your question, yes and it’s very comforting. It feels better if I’m wearing a diaper while suckling but yeah I absolutely know what you’re talking about!

I’m very happy you have someone in your life that helps you be your little self! Cherish him! It’s a rare thing to have!

Last edited:
I do that quite a lot, because despite my parents' best efforts it's a habit I never unlearned at any point. I did learn to instinctively not do it with others nearby I guess, but when I am alone and comfortable I do it all the time. This + plushies is how I've fallen asleep basically every night lol. Far beyond the age where I was considered too old for it, and long before I ever knew what a little was. I suppose the signs were always there. :LOL:

I didn't even give pacifiers a real chance until another little gave me one, pointing out to me that those are great because then you have both hands free for doing little things. Very true and I now have an additional addiction (thanks). Pacifier while colouring or sitting at the drum kit? Works beautifully.

It's not quite the same though to me, and I doubt pacifiers can replace it entirely. 😄

Thumb sucking is the best! I'm 31 now and I just never outgrew it. I have dummies (pacis) but I never keep them in for long because I can't help but sucking my thumb 😂

Every night when I am tucked up in bed and cuddling my teddy-bear I always suck my thumb.

Back