Ozarkmtn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Other
I received yesterday a selection of threaded armour diapers from a seller in Florida.
I bought eight pairs and a large selection of pads for $100 shipped.
I still haven't figured out how the pads attached. I got probably 25 assorted pads in the transaction.
I went to the web site.... those diapers are expensive!
One pair I got has 'superundies' tag and a size tag. The other pairs don't.

Reactions: Zha17085 and Lostdiapersboy
Ozarkmtn said:
I bought eight pairs and a large selection of pads for $100 shipped.
I still haven't figured out how the pads attached.
😬 I hope you're not saying that you ordered eight of these without having first tried one. That would be like... a $600 gamble! (Crossing all my digits, ears, and eyes for a good outcome!) They have a nice animated tutorial that shows how to assemble the padding and snap it into place.

Interesting that you got some old stock there. I don't think the adult sizes have been called SuperUndies for at least five years, maybe longer. I kinda wish they'd just stuck with that though. "Armor" is painfully grown-up-sounding. :)

I have a couple of the regular Protective Briefs (also painfully grown-up-sounding). They certainly are very comfortable and discreet. Around the house, where having a poofy butt is less of an issue, I generally opt for something more absorbent (like a prefold), but for out and about these are great. If I ever buy more, I’ll probably get the snap-on kind.

Last edited:
Reactions: StarryNight and diaperdude
Wow 100 dollars is a steal.....One pair is around 60 dollars. They are well made and good for everyday wear . I wanted to get a few pairs but were expensive.

Reactions: diaperdude and Cottontail
MikeDJ said:
Wow 100 dollars is a steal.....One pair is around 60 dollars. They are well made and good for everyday wear . I wanted to get a few pairs but were expensive.
Ha ha, I definitely misread that. My eyes saw “$100 for shipping,” and I assumed the OP was in another country. Assuming they’re secondhand, I hope they’re in good shape. If so, that’s indeed a steal.

the individual for whom they were originally posted didn't like them. One pair was worn, the others were unused.. They are very expensive. I'm not a fan of them yet. I got so many pads with them. they are not waterproof for nightime wear

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy and Cottontail
Ozarkmtn said:
the individual for whom they were originally posted didn't like them. One pair was worn, the others were unused.. They are very expensive. I'm not a fan of them yet. I got so many pads with them. they are not waterproof for nightime wear
I'm sorry to say that I wouldn't trust them for overnight use either. Opinions will obviously vary, but IMO these are best for daytime use and best changed promptly, cover and all. In theory you can just swap dry padding for wet, but I've always found that the internal pocket is too wet-feeling for this to be acceptable. As well, because the crotch is rather narrow, there's a pretty low limit on how much padding you can install. In short: These are my go-to cloth diapers for when discreetness is my number-one priority. They're second to none in that context, and second to most other things in most other contexts. :) Again, IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joediaper
The pads they come with are synthetic microfiber which will absorb a lot and fairly quickly but have no holding power. This is why they don't seem waterproof. Most PUL covers are not completely waterproof. If fluids are free flowing in the product they will find their way out through the stitching and seams. The PUL is mostly secondary containment as a moisture barrier. The padding being the primary should be as absorbent as possible to keep fluids from free flowing.

You could try some natural fiber inserts like these from Leakmaster. Use one of the microfiber inserts on top and stack whatever you need under it. This will end up pretty heavy when wet and could possibly lead to them falling down during activity if they don't fit snug enough. I have tried the newer Threaded Armor pull-ons and the medium is a bit too loose and would fall off. Tried the small and it fit only slightly better than a goodnight. I don't think she did much research on sizing when she designed the adult products.

Reactions: Cottontail
I’d say you got quite the deal honestly. They’re very high quality products and you’ll be pretty happy with them. I do kinda wish the adult sizes still had the Super Undies tag sewn on though. Makes me feel smol wearing those pairs ☺️

• Love
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy
That definitely sounds like a fantastic deal considering the price of the Armors now.

I am an avid fan of these but I simply can't afford them in the UK, shipping here is almost as much as the product itself. At the same time I do agree with what was said about night time, as much as I love them there is no way I would trust one over night at least not on someone older than say 6 years old.

I'm could be wrong but I think they began as Superundies and then created the Threaded Armor brand name leaving Superundies for kids sizes and Threaded Armor for adult sizes. They did have 2 websites, one for each brand, and for a long time you could buy the Armors on the Superundies website but not the other way around and then about a year ago (around Jan 2023) they made a change so that the Armors were no longer available on the Superundies site (it happened shortly after I created my full review of them Here).

Superundies are now only selling the children's sizes (though the largest of them may be suitable for some smaller/younger adults.)

Cottontail beat me to it in linking the tutorial video for the pads but there is also this video that breaks down the pads.

What is important to note is that, as with any cloth diaper product, layers are important. if you only need it to hold small dribbles or spurts of wee ( i.e. minor IC) then a single Hero (larger snap in insert) and Step up (smaller insert that goes inside) might be ok but for larger wettings you will need multiple step up inserts inside or other boosters as well. When I use them I tend to use one hero 2 step ups and a larger bamboo/microfiber blend 4 layer insert I have from a different source.

Cottontail said:
I'm sorry to say that I wouldn't trust them for overnight use either. Opinions will obviously vary, but IMO these are best for daytime use and best changed promptly, cover and all. In theory you can just swap dry padding for wet, but I've always found that the internal pocket is too wet-feeling for this to be acceptable. As well, because the crotch is rather narrow, there's a pretty low limit on how much padding you can install. In short: These are my go-to cloth diapers for when discreetness is my number-one priority. They're second to none in that context, and second to most other things in most other contexts. :) Again, IMO.
100% agree they are best used as a daytime diaper that gets changed when needed (i.e. not one you can sit in wet for hours as a DL). But I do have a different experience with changing them to you, also not quite sure what you mean by internal pocket? the ones I have don't have a "pocket" per se, the briefs themselves are fully open except for the little gussets at either end that the pads go under, so when the pad gets changed there is no wet feeling since it is the fresh dry padding now against the skin, just different experiences I guess but I can change the pad a few times and not feel any wetness after (have actually used the same shell 2 days in a row just wiped out each time to prevent smells).

Joediaper said:
The pads they come with are synthetic microfiber which will absorb a lot and fairly quickly but have no holding power. This is why they don't seem waterproof. Most PUL covers are not completely waterproof. If fluids are free flowing in the product they will find their way out through the stitching and seams. The PUL is mostly secondary containment as a moisture barrier. The padding being the primary should be as absorbent as possible to keep fluids from free flowing.
Exactly right, synthetic microfiber is incredibly good at absorbing lots very fast but the slightest pressure and it all comes back out, it is generally best used as a top layer in a diaper to soak wee up quickly and the disperse it into fabrics better suited to holding under pressure and while PUL is my preferred material for plastic pants can be prone to wicking onto the outside and then onto clothes.

The one thing I will say about their inserts being microfiber (and why they actually do work fairly well considering) is that they use a higher GSM fabric compared to most other microfiber inserts you can buy (500 vs 300-350), it doesn't prevent the press out problems but does help a little.

Joediaper said:
You could try some natural fiber inserts like these from Leakmaster. Use one of the microfiber inserts on top and stack whatever you need under it. This will end up pretty heavy when wet and could possibly lead to them falling down during activity if they don't fit snug enough. I have tried the newer Threaded Armor pull-ons and the medium is a bit too loose and would fall off. Tried the small and it fit only slightly better than a goodnight. I don't think she did much research on sizing when she designed the adult products.
Yeah their sizing could use some adjustments, maybe even just a couple columns of snaps of the side panels that can be used to make the a little small if needed even on the pull ons. the LM inserts though are a great option, they are a similar size and shape to the step ups so will fit nicely and are much better suited to holding fluid.

These are the larger bamboo/microfiber inserts I tend to use with them, they don't quite fit inside the Hero (a little too wide) but it's not so much as to be noticeable when wearing and they do the job. The other thing is that I now make my own version of the Threaded Armors (inserts and shells) but I use a bamboo or cotton for both the inserts rather than microfiber and just use one of the microfiber ones as the top layer.

Reactions: Cottontail
Belarin said:
100% agree they are best used as a daytime diaper that gets changed when needed (i.e. not one you can sit in wet for hours as a DL). But I do have a different experience with changing them to you, also not quite sure what you mean by internal pocket? the ones I have don't have a "pocket" per se, the briefs themselves are fully open except for the little gussets at either end that the pads go under, so when the pad gets changed there is no wet feeling since it is the fresh dry padding now against the skin, just different experiences I guess but I can change the pad a few times and not feel any wetness after (have actually used the same shell 2 days in a row just wiped out each time to prevent smells).
Yeah, wrong wording there. I just mean the... gusset-things. (I'm never quite sure how to describe the internals of these, as they're not exactly wraps, but neither are they pocket diapers. They're kind of their own weird thing.) But anyway, during my initial experiments with them, I several times swapped dry padding in after wetting, and found that the gussets were wet and clammy--obviously not to the extent that a pocket diaper's pocket would, but more so than I've experienced with the larger wraps and prefolds. The FOE seems to take up wetness over time, and perhaps even transfer it to the fleece leg cuffs, as after a while those start feeling moist as well.

It might also have to do with my level of activity, or lack thereof. :) I'm not a sedentary person in general, however during my workday (my usual diaper time), I'm generally sitting on my butt, so everything in the crotch of the diaper is getting pressed together, and that surely exacerbates transfer of wetness between materials. Perhaps it would be fair to call it a slow-motion press-out leak. I generally put a lot more padding in my crotch when I'm wearing prefolds, and I don't have this issue with them. I can wear the same Rearz wrap all day. But as you know, you can't exactly go crazy stuffing these Threaded Armor diapers. There just isn't much room in them.

Again, to be fair, I'm not exactly complaining about them. I actually really like them for certain situations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Belarin
Yeah I get where your coming from, when I wear them it is generally at times where I am going to be more active and mobile so I am on my feet moving around therefore nothing is pressing together for long and there is no pressure on the padding so it works quite well but when I have stopped to sit down for a while when wet or if I wear them sat around at home the cuffs and such do feel more damp.

Back