This keeps repeating in my mind, could I ask you about it?

Tenawearer said:
Bad luck mate.,..
I've been wearing Tena Slip Active Fit Maxi lately, they are discreet but do not hold anything if I even have like one or two beers, have you got a discreet brand of nappies for drinking beers do you know?

JonahAteAWhale said:
It's ok I don't mind lol! She can laugh at me if she wants. I don't mind if people find me funny.
By the title of this thread, it does indeed somehow bother you.

Interesting sequence of events. It sounds like you took steps to be discreet in spite of the joggers. I think both her reactions were pretty crass but there are all kinds out there.

mayhem said:
By the title of this thread, it does indeed somehow bother you.
No it was not the laughing face that bothered me but the disgusted face!

People do not even read the thread and make comments. I am going to delete this thread. What in the point of a forum if people do not even read?

JonahAteAWhale said:
I've been wearing Tena Slip Active Fit Maxi lately, they are discreet but do not hold anything if I even have like one or two beers, have you got a discreet brand of nappies for drinking beers do you know?
I wear the ultima version which holds more and is still reasonably discreet but not good enough for a real pub evening session. Doesn't matter if you are at home. MegaMax are good or a BetterDry 10 but you would need sweat pants over the top probably which aren't pub going attire.

I had a somewhat similar experience running on a path wearing a sports bra. As i was about to pass one of the trailheads, I passed two women that were entering and they both glared at me, obviously a man wearing women's shorts and a sports bra. When I got to my turn around point and headed back, they'd been running a ways behind me. One of the women glared and the other smiled and winked. If only I could have got her name and number . . .
Where the similarity comes in is that after the shock value wore off, one was still disgusted by what I was doing and the other possibly intrigued.

OriginalWetone said:
I had a somewhat similar experience running on a path wearing a sports bra. As i was about to pass one of the trailheads, I passed two women that were entering and they both glared at me, obviously a man wearing women's shorts and a sports bra. When I got to my turn around point and headed back, they'd been running a ways behind me. One of the women glared and the other smiled and winked. If only I could have got her name and number . . .
Where the similarity comes in is that after the shock value wore off, one was still disgusted by what I was doing and the other possibly intrigued.
Thanks for your reply :) What confused me about this experience however and kept it repeating was the same woman was disgusted and then laughing at me/with me (unsure on this.) It really confused me, at the time I had even forgotten I was in a nappy I was so used to nobody noticing I had become not in the least paranoid about somebody spotting it, and then somebody did. But it has taught me a lesson, I should be more vigilant about whether it is noticeable.

Reactions: Andy86
Tenawearer said:
I wear the ultima version which holds more and is still reasonably discreet but not good enough for a real pub evening session. Doesn't matter if you are at home. MegaMax are good or a BetterDry 10 but you would need sweat pants over the top probably which aren't pub going attire.
Thanks for your reply, I will check out those nappies :)

JonahAteAWhale said:
Thanks for your reply :) What confused me about this experience however and kept it repeating was the same woman was disgusted and then laughing at me/with me (unsure on this.) It really confused me, at the time I had even forgotten I was in a nappy I was so used to nobody noticing I had become not in the least paranoid about somebody spotting it, and then somebody did. But it has taught me a lesson, I should be more vigilant about whether it is noticeable.
Another possibility is that she conferred with her walking friend after she passed the first time and realized her initial reaction was off side and then on the return pass she tried to be more friendly but ended up awkward instead.

Back