This is hard to write...

SwedishAMAZING

Please forgive me, I'm swedish
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
Well, first off, wow. This is hard to type... im feeling super emotional.

Ok, we need to address something as a society. Things have gotten out of control, mental illness is rampant, suicide is at an alltime high... its not a good sign.

I talked to a friend tonight, who was going through something very very troubling. I have been there before, and i know what it is like. They are self harming, everyday... suicidal thoughts, emotional roller coaster. Its insane.
Kids are out there, screaming for help, being ig ored by our culture.l i was one of those kids, needing help, and not recieving any until i could do it myself, which was too late by thr time i got it. Friendships lost, jobs lost, horrible.

Some cultures even glorify it. We praise those who lived a good life, and took it, call them cultural icons, greats. Sure, we dont call them greats for suicide, but for the life they lived. But we notice the greats most when they pass! Some people are tempted to use this knowledge to teach a lesson to those who hate us. I certainly did as a teen, saying "i'll show them, they will see how thimgs are without me, and regret ever hating me" this is a mistake! We need to destigmatize mental health. It needs to be more openly talked about, people need help!

I might have lost a friend. I havent heard feom them, and im worried. Things need to change soon, because life is worth living... we need to remember that thi gs always look hopeless in the dark... because you cant see the bright horizon that is only a few steps in front of you. Things look better than the last bit of hell ive walked through. Please, we need to change. Not as individuals, as a society, as a community, as a family.

Reactions: Lightstreak2553, Angelapinks, BeTrue and 6 others
I’m 57 and have lived with depression most of my life , I don’t socialize or have many friends outside of work . I have been taking anti depressants for nearly 20 years which is probably the only thing that has saved me .
Most people would probably never know because I have learned to mask it .
Depression is real though and most times theirs nothing you can do about it , you can’t just think your way out of it . It’s a chemical imbalance in your brain .
I believe it is manageable though through medication but you first have to admit to it and seek help .

Reactions: Angelapinks
stinkape said:
I’m 57 and have lived with depression most of my life , I don’t socialize or have many friends outside of work . I have been taking anti depressants for nearly 20 years which is probably the only thing that has saved me .
Most people would probably never know because I have learned to mask it .
Depression is real though and most times theirs nothing you can do about it , you can’t just think your way out of it . It’s a chemical imbalance in your brain .
I believe it is manageable though through medication but you first have to admit to it and seek help .
I personally have fought it with my Faith... medication only started for me recently when i sought help after my latest suicide attempt. I cannot believe im sharing all this online, but i feel pretty safe talking about it here. (I just realized im following the stigma! I would delete those last sentences, but this only adds to my point: we need to destigmatize talking about mental health!) The battle is real, for sure. We need to become stronger in our numbers, and share the victories of the meek as a group.. just a thought

• Love
Reactions: PullupAndy, Deleted member 57387, Angelapinks and 2 others
SwedishAMAZING said:
I personally have fought it with my Faith... medication only started for me recently when i sought help after my latest suicide attempt. I cannot believe im sharing all this online, but i feel pretty safe talking about it here. (I just realized im following the stigma! I would delete those last sentences, but this only adds to my point: we need to destigmatize talking about mental health!) The battle is real, for sure. We need to become stronger in our numbers, and share the victories of the meek as a group.. just a thought
Same. I will admit that it's hard but I'm trying and I am fighting it with my faith as well. As someone who struggles with mental health myself, we need to normalize talking about mental health problems in our society. I will pray for you if it helps.

Reactions: PullupAndy, Angelapinks, Happy2BeInNappies2 and 1 other person
I hope your friend is okay. I'll be praying for them.

I too have seen the effects of mental illness on a relationship, one I had here on Adisc. That person doesn't come on here anymore and I have no idea if he's okay or not. It's awful not knowing! I pray to God he is getting the help he needs. I just have to put it in His hands, because there's nothing I can do.

We do need to change as individuals, because societies and communities change one person at a time.

Reactions: PullupAndy and KittyninjaW
Back