Thinking of shaving/cutting off my pubic hair to make diaper changes easier, any advice on how to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer to trim very short with scissors / trimmer, but don't usually shave. The main benefit is to make messy changes easier and quicker especially when using wipes instead of the shower or bidet. I've tried being completely smooth and liked it a lot - it really does make light work of cleaning up a pooey bottom - but as others have mentioned it is quite tricky / uncomfortable to transition to and from the smooth state. Because my work and life are quite hectic and unpredictable, and I sometimes have to stop wearing nappies, jump on a plane and work round the clock for a month, I can't do things that can cause unexpected pain / discomfort if I'm not able to keep them up constantly. So trimming is the best compromise.

A few weeks ago I got some help waxing in areas that I could not reach on my own. So far still completely smooth where I waxed. Despite the temporary pain the lasting results have me interested in waxing the rest of my diaper area.

Electric trimmer, lowest level clipper guard. Done...no problems.

-Gus

It feels really awesome to be baby smooth. I do it by epilating so I have absolutely no itching. Plus I can stay smooth a lot longer. No fear of cutting myself either. I just read tons of Amazon reviews and picked the one I liked but bought it half price off eBay. It was heavenly at first to be that much closer to the diaper. Now I don't really notice as much since I am used to being smooth. I certainly notice if my husband forgets to do it though. I think he went too long this time. Now I'm the one all smooth and he has a pubic carpet getting started.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have used Magic Shaving Powder for years. I trim all the excess I can with electric hair trimmers. The powder is then mixed with water and applied where I want it to remove the hair. You wait a while and under running water, gently remove with face cloth. WARNING!!! For some people this product burns, not literally, but irritates a lot, so test first on those sensitive areas. Read the label. I have not had those issues in the past but YMMV. One or two times and you are baby smooth

How to keep your diaper area smooth and clean...

Some months ago I tried shaving my "diaper area" with an electric clipper. It just ended up creating nicks and sores, and the stubble it left behind made me incredibly itchy. Then, I contemplated using depilatory cream, but from everything I read when I researched it on Google, that would be incredibly painful, just like waxing, which I would never do. So, more recently, this week, since it's been so hot where I live, I thought about shaving my diaper area again. I tried shaving with a razor and gel shaving cream, but I have a tremor in my hands, and I was only able to get half the job done.

I have three skilled nurses and a home health aide. I asked each of them about it. Two of my nurses are female, and were not comfortable with the idea of shaving me when I asked about it, and my other male nurse was not sure it was necessary, or was a sound idea to do or have done. Eventually, one morning a few days ago, I asked my home health aide. My HHA helps me with showering, dressing, and cleaning my apartment, since I have issues with safety and balance, as well as back pain and trouble reaching, bending, stooping, and lifting.

At first, he was reluctant, but then when he looked at me after he gave me a shower, he decided that it would be best if he shaved me. The area was already wet, and the hair was softened, so it made the job much easier. He used plenty of gel cream, and at least two single-blade razors. He was doubtful he had done a good job. However, I assured him that the whole area felt quite smooth and comfortable when he was done. It was a lot less itchy, and felt much cooler, even during the last few days, which have been consistently over 90 degrees lately.

My aide asked me to get something like triple-blade razors, or razors with replaceable heads, since the single-blade razors dull easily, and clog with hair very quickly. I plan to get some of these when my next SSDI payment comes in on August 3. I am fairly certain by then I will need to be shaved again. I am looking forward to it actually. The shaving is a very personal and intimate part of my care that my aide performed very well, and I think with his help, I can maintain a smooth, itch-free diaper area throughout the summer, and probably throughout the year.

One item of note is something that one of my nurses did some months ago to help me prevent yeast infections and rashes, which I have had in the past, mostly due to keeping a diaper on too long on hot days, thus making a moist breeding ground for a yeast infection. My primary care doctor had prescribed Nystatin powder, which dries out the affected area, and prevents yeast infections from growing. The powder usually just falls off when applied.

However, my nurse had me buy some store-brand Desitin from Wal-Mart (much cheaper, especially by the tub), and he mixed a liberal dose of Nystatin powder in with the Desitin. Every morning since then, my aide has applied a liberal amount of the cream mixture to my whole diaper area. Also, for a while now, at my request, he has also applied the cream in between my buttocks, so as to provide complete coverage front and back. this method has worked wonders for me. I have never had a rash, and minimal itching, since then.

As far as leak control is concerned, I use an extra bladder control pad inside my diaper, and I also wear vinyl pants with elastic gathers around the waistband and leg cuffs, over the diaper. This has finally solved my problem with leaks almost completely. The vinyl pants are actually quite comfortable, and do not tend to slip down and off like my underwear used to. I simply wear a diaper with an extra pad inside, the vinyl pants, and then just put on shorts or long pants over that.

I hope this information has helped some of you with these issues. I would appreaciate any helpful commentary or replies. Thank you! Have a great day.

I use one of those creams that you apply the shower and you see all the magic working in like 5 minutes only. They even have sensitive skin. So easy and painless. You can go for a big brand or a store brand, just don't wait more that 10 mins for showering it off. Also don't use diaper cream/ powder/vaseline/etc before or the cream won't penetrate your skin.

couchesstevenboy haha i did it alooong time ago buut i have to say i was pretty stiupid i used something simular...for armpits and on the thing was written DONT USE IN INTIMATE AREA...
it burned ~30 mintes buuut i was clean the only weird thing that happend was that my pubic hair that came new looked bleached not sure how to tell it but it was blond like my hair on the head...
But i think if its for intimate area there is nothing to worrie about but to all who think about it...read the package first ...best advice i can give lol :smile1:

Konners said:
couchesstevenboy haha i did it alooong time ago buut i have to say i was pretty stiupid i used something simular...for armpits and on the thing was written DONT USE IN INTIMATE AREA...
it burned ~30 mintes buuut i was clean the only weird thing that happend was that my pubic hair that came new looked bleached not sure how to tell it but it was blond like my hair on the head...
But i think if its for intimate area there is nothing to worrie about but to all who think about it...read the package first ...best advice i can give lol :smile1:

Lol yeah! Just like 5 mins is enough haha. Normally it says that you should try it in to ur arm or leg a bit just to see. If your skin doesn't make a reaction, then you can use it normally

I use an electric trimmer to vet it short. Shaving right down can be itchy when it starts to grow back.

Been shaving for a couple of years now:

First, trim down longer hair to a few mm so regular razors begin to work. Then just shave with some foam/gel under the shower. Never had issues with cutting myself when using regular three bladed safety razors.
It might be a bit itchy when the hair is just growing again but still too short to bend. If I want to stay smooth I have to shave two to three times a week, once a week is enough when lazy. Letting it grow back longer just makes shaving again more difficult.

I make sure to shave my diaper area once a week and I don't find it itchy or irritating. I do it so that I make sure I can keep it clean down there.

I love this method myself. I use Nair For Men Shower Power. It takes longer for the hair to grow back too! Only burned myself once because I left it on too long. Now I'm as clean as a baby down there!

When I first decided to shave, I started out by using a pair of scissors specialized for hair to get most of it out of the way. Once I had it short enough, I used an electric razor to finish up. I would advise you to keep it a little long so you don't look like a prepubescent boy/girl, as this may lead to ingrown hairs, which aren't fun, especially down there. Also, like others have mentioned, it will itch like hell for the first 2-4ish days, and it will feel super weird in general, but it will ease up a lot after a while.

As others have said, make sure to trim it down first. Also hold the skin taught that you are shaving and use a razor with 4 or 5 blades if possible, so you only have to go over the area once. I also use Lush Defluff shaving soap. I have tried a lot of things to shave with and that stuff does not irritate plus it gives me the smoothest shave I've ever had. It's kinda pricey but it lasts forever.

I recon
kjluv idea sounds the best. Previously I used small scissors, but as I live at home with my parents I will have to do it when they're out, last time I was in the shower and trimmed my hair I was in there for ages and I was told to get out.

I'm not incontinent but do wear and wet occasionally, but do non nappy wearers do it? I am single now but would girls prefer hairless?

It depends on the girl. When my husband started talking about hairlessness it kind of sounded weird. I thought that he must be attracted to kids or something because he liked to shave. After some online research into it I decided it wasn't so weird. It took me a year or so of research before I bought my epilator and smoothed mine too. He was so excited and thought I did it out of love for him, but really I wanted to do it since I am 24/7 and it really does feel nice being that much closer to my padding. Then my husband switched from shaving to epilating and I loved it. He is so much smoother and softer. He does get a little bit of ingrown hairs, but we both like the lack of scratchiness and now hair doesn't get stuck in our teeth.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

be very careful trimming, the area is very sensitive and easy to knick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back