Think my diapers got delivered to the wrong house!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is interesting... There is a possibility that the delivery person MAY HAVE scanned your package as Delivered to avoid corporate repercussions and figured he'd just deliver it the next day. You diapers may still be on the truck.

I've had UPS mark my packages as delivered an hour or two before they arrived. But it's been long enough we can rule that out.

Are you certain the UPS guy didn't leave the package on your doorstop with no knock? Even in the best of neighborhoods (sometimes even especially so), you'll get kids or thieves that will try to swipe packages like that. That's the main reason I can think of for why someone would open a package not belonging to them, that they clearly wouldn't want, and yet not return it to the rightful owner.

irnub said:
Something that hasn't been mentioned yet: from your neighbors point of view it went to the wrong house, so what's to say it doesn't also have the wrong name on it or the wrong address too? If it never shows up, you're safe assuming they just thought "weird mistake" and returned it to sender without even thinking you actually were behind it. And if you're still really that freaked out about admitting it's yours if they bring it to your door opened, you can pretend you have no idea what it is and recommend they just return to sender.

That's what I had to do when Fetware stupidly send some very babyish plastic pants I order, to our DAUGHTER!!!

I pleaded innocent and stupid, that they made a mistake and somehow picked up our address from our Amazon account. Any port in a storm, even if that port has dry rot.

As I related in a post just recently they may be very near you on a neighbors porch. Go look for them. Sometimes you get new delivery drivers that f things up. I got mine, they were two residences down, but I found them.

I think I almost had a situation like this,
when my mom ordered a package Pampers Cruisers diapers, she put the wrong home address.

I do not know why she was so reckless like that.
but fortunately, the address which she entered is the address of my aunt house. My aunt knew that I had put on diaper because my incontinence, so she delivered it to my house.

but obviously I was shocked when it happened, I couldn't imagine if it was delivered to my college friend's house,
it would have been very embarrassing!!!
:sweatdrop:

Crinklebuttt said:
As I related in a post just recently they may be very near you on a neighbors porch. Go look for them. Sometimes you get new delivery drivers that f things up. I got mine, they were two residences down, but I found them.
I would, but that would require me to literally go from house to house and walk up on each person's porch because I am visually impaired and can only see something if it is less than like 18 inches from me.

- - - Updated - - -

Think I'll call UPS customer service tomorrow because they said that there wasn't much that could be done online.

Call Abu and have them file a request for lost item with FedEx or ups or whoever the carrier is and the company has insurance that will provide you your diapers it will just take a little longer, so as others have said relax chill it will get worked out, there are like 8 diaper users in my neighborhood and we get somebody else's diapers delivers all the time, we just keep each other in speed dial so we can call each to come get there diapers from the wrong house ( this only usually happens when there is a substitute driver on the route, I am disabled and can't pick the cases up , so the regular guy knows when my Aide is not here , he goes the extra mile of service and carries them in and puts them away for me and cuts up the boxes and puts them in the trash, I hated UPS with a passion until chip became my driver and goes that extra mile for me because I can't do it myself and it doesn't take that much time to be a good human being to someone else , of course when I am expecting a delivery I will have a fresh pot of coffee and packed a lunch for chip to take with him when he goes out to finish his deliveries, it's that whole thing about karma is a real bitch when she gets a new pair of steel toe boots, be as good to others as you want them to be to you and it helps . I just hopes you are not completely out of diapers well this gets fixed, and the way I stay calm, is this is somebody else's SNAFU and therefor somebody else has to fix it, it's not my problem it's there's so relax and let your fingers do the walking.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

gnd567 said:
According to UPS.com, I have to wait 24hrs to make a claim. I have work tonight so it will have to be tomorrow I guess.

Someone was being lazy / didn't want to deal with it. If it says "delivered" and isn't at your house, the tracking starts NOW. If they won't start it now, "may I speak with your supervisor?"

Also important to note: you aren't their customer. ABU / the shipper is their customer, and is the only one they are technically responsible and answerable to. You can't file a claim, only the shipper can file a claim. They paid to ship it, they are the party to the "contract" for the delivery, and they are the ones that will end up with the insurance refund if it's lost etc. So if push comes to shove, they can and might choose not to assist you. At which point you need to contact ABU and turn them loose from that end. The sooner the beter.

bambinod said:
Someone was being lazy / didn't want to deal with it. If it says "delivered" and isn't at your house, the tracking starts NOW. If they won't start it now, "may I speak with your supervisor?"

Also important to note: you aren't their customer. ABU / the shipper is their customer, and is the only one they are technically responsible and answerable to. You can't file a claim, only the shipper can file a claim. They paid to ship it, they are the party to the "contract" for the delivery, and they are the ones that will end up with the insurance refund if it's lost etc. So if push comes to shove, they can and might choose not to assist you. At which point you need to contact ABU and turn them loose from that end. The sooner the beter.

I contacted ABU as well and hopefully will hear from them tomorrow. This has been quite stressful for me.

Well, that was sure embarrassing. Turns out I was the one that screwed up. I made a typo and messed up my address and it was delivered a couple of houses down. Thank God he was out of town. Had to have help moving it so I had to enlist the help of my parents, thus ruining the privacy thing yet again. I feel like a such a fool.

Wow, glad that's sorted. But....I also hope things are cool with your folks. Good luck.

Glad to see you got them.

I've done that with other things, expensive things. Luckily the neighbor is nice and didn't return or open it, but instead walked it over to me... well, loaded it in his truck and drove it to me

WhiteRabbit said:
2. It's illegal to open someone else's mail, even if it's been delivered to your address by mistake. That's a big deterrent for a lot of people. Unless they open it by accident (without reading the label), which I don't expect would happen with packages, they'll probably just leave it as is. If they choose to open it, it's extremely unlikely that they'll confront you about what they found inside. Yeah, you may like to wear diapers, but they like to open other people's mail. As far as social reputation goes, one of those is a little more damning. At least with diapers you can tell people you have a condition.

Sadly, I have opened someones package, without reading the label... This was at a time that I always had something being delivered. Usually 3-5 times a week. Luckily the package wasn't anything embarrassing but was just a book, it was for that neighbor that I mentioned above.

This was before my package arrived at his house. Luckily he wasn't upset and didn't bash my head in XD . I apologized about it.

That was the first and last time that I did that.

gnd567 said:
Well, that was sure embarrassing. Turns out I was the one that screwed up. I made a typo and messed up my address and it was delivered a couple of houses down. Thank God he was out of town. Had to have help moving it so I had to enlist the help of my parents, thus ruining the privacy thing yet again. I feel like a such a fool.

Sorry buddy. I'm sure life is difficult enough without having things like that happening. I'm assuming the parents knew what it was? I hope they were cool about it.

I don't know if we actually make mistakes, I have had a brain injury so I am not the sharpest crayon in the box sometimes, but the frigging auto correct software on this tablet sometimes changes what I say so badly that my IQ appears to be somewhere between a fern and a trout.

The easy way to deal with parents is to write them a note asking if they would prefer that you smoke Crack all day or padded your Crack, chances are you will recieve there blessing to wear diapers.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

dogboy said:
Sorry buddy. I'm sure life is difficult enough without having things like that happening. I'm assuming the parents knew what it was? I hope they were cool about it.

After he helped move it inside for me, my dad said "That's heavy. What is it?" I said "Oh you know, my stuff." He knew. Didn't say anything about it. Confrontation avoided I guess.

Typos happen... Hope you were gentle with ABU and or the transport company!

Argent said:
Typos happen... Hope you were gentle with ABU and or the transport company!

Yeah I was. It wasn't their fault after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back