FLsolarSparky02

IC, south FL sparky 💥
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
so I've been incontinent throughout my life I never had experience using the toilet because of my condition neurogenic bladder . I'm also fecal incontinent .
gas stations whenever I had to change a diaper at a gas station sometimes the clerk stops me for bringing a backpack into the store I understand shoplifting is a problem if I had to explain employee of my condition so I can backpack in .this only happens a few times most of the time they don't give a fuck.
fungal infections, rashes and UTIs
when I was younger I was very self-conscious about myself and people finding out gone through a lot of bullying and rumors throughout school that I wore diapers . it's not much of a problem anymore in my adult life but the pain is still there from childhood .
I've had dates reject me because of it being gay didn't help .

• Sad
Reactions: Canadianfalls, babyscotty37 and Diprs2
I wear big capacity nappies when out so I don't have to change. Bit wi you fecal incontinence you have to change and that additional stress and anxiety must ne difficult.

Reactions: IncontinentScholar, TommyTheDiaperDuck, Jonnythepony and 1 other person
For me its pretty much finding a decent clean public place to change !

Reactions: TommyTheDiaperDuck, Soggy247 and Diprs2
Rita said:
For me its pretty much finding a decent clean public place to change !
Yeah, me too. . .

I hate the hot summer conditions and sweating along with urinary ic is bloody nasty I just hate hot conditions I tried cloth backed but they leak to much so I stayed with plastic backed and a boat load of cornstarch baby powder.

Reactions: IncontinentScholar, Diprs2, Jonnythepony and 1 other person
finding public bathrooms to change my diapers, and stinking or pee and poop.

Reactions: IncontinentScholar and Diprs2
Getting baby powder on the tapes and fingers so then tapes don't stay on !!

Reactions: IncontinentScholar, joemama and Diprs2
Nappy rash and sweat rash in the Summer

Reactions: IncontinentScholar, Constantlydamp and Diprs2
caitianx said:
finding public bathrooms to change my diapers, and stinking or pee and poop.
especially when it doesn't have a trash can like what the fuck

Reactions: richieboy
Yeah, i'll 9th the finding a decent clean place to change.

I'm usually in a wheelchair, so never get bothered about anything, usually get overly helpful people, and the occasional person that talks to me very slow and condesending...Usually let them finish and say, "Thank you, I'm certainly glad just my body is not working, do you need any assistance yourself", or other sarcastic remarks, I am very sarcastic in person.

The issues wih retention, yes UTI with cath, and also the whole thing with stuff like even getting a urine sample for tests.

Also, when was brought in the ambulance after being revived, woke up a couple days later and had a cath in, some hospitals have odd rules. Wouldnt put the side up on the bed at one hospital (needed to have the dr prescribe it), rolled over 2 days later and fell/crashed/knocked over, just lucky didnt rip out IV, anyhow I guess it was OK to put it up then...after bruising my hip, and a few minor bumps.

Anyhow, having IC more or less since born, could get away if by a bathroom for a good 15-20 years, but never dry at night. Now i have 10 seconds to get to the loo, that just doesnt happen, takes me 30-60 seconds to get out of bed.

So, I really dont know what it's like to NOT wear diaper to bed, I have tried to use a chux, but that never came out too great.

I guess the amount of garbage is an issue sometimes too.

Reactions: IncontinentScholar, Diprs2, FLsolarSparky02 and 1 other person
The diaper rash in summer is awful! When wet and sweaty and the ammonia begins to emerge each movement is like red iron in your genitalia! Though feel lucky cause my injury (half spine broken) makes just one side hurt 😝 but even thus….its hell! There’s been times so horrible I took diaper off and throw it in the bin in the street!, but if that happens maybe once or twice a year,….and if. I try to let skin Breathe to avoid it. But when impossible….I truly hate it.

Reactions: Diprs2
LordDuque said:
The diaper rash in summer is awful! When wet and sweaty and the ammonia begins to emerge each movement is like red iron in your genitalia! Though feel lucky cause my injury (half spine broken) makes just one side hurt 😝 but even thus….its hell! There’s been times so horrible I took diaper off and throw it in the bin in the street!, but if that happens maybe once or twice a year,….and if. I try to let skin Breathe to avoid it. But when impossible….I truly hate it.
Fungual rash

Reactions: LordDuque and Diprs2
Hey! New here!

So many things:

Before I ended up back in protection:
  • Constantly trying to hide accidents.
  • The terror of trying to get to the toilet in time.
  • Terrified about wetting the bed when away from home.
  • All the laundry and not being able to pack light clothes wise.
  • Smelling of urine all the time and feeling really self-conscious.
  • The fear of being 'found out.'
In the protection era:
  • The cost! Since I developed neurological complications from Long Covid my control's been non-existent. I was able to get by with DryNites which are really cheap compared to other products when my issues were milder but now it's big plastic backed products with a booster or risk a leak. It's mad when I think what I could have spent money on were it not for my incontinence issues.
  • Not being able to pack lightly - the bonus is that you always come back from places a lot lighter but it is super frustrating.
  • Lack of suitable toilets - I'm a wheelchair user and so barring a Changing Places toilet it's always a real pain and have to lie on the floor.
  • The effort involved in changing - due to my physical issues it's a real pain changing myself.
  • Suitable clothing - finding out about semi-elasticated waist trousers and shorts was a revelation but it is a nightmare trying to find clothing that can accomodate a nappy without being ridiculously baggy. I find shorts far better but it isn't practical to wear shorts all year around.
  • Linked to the above - the weather and rashes. There aren't high absorbency cloth backed products and even with a booster I find I'm more prone to leaking so it's plastic all the way which makes it a nightmare in the summer. Around the house I've gotten comfortable just being in a t-shirt and nappy which is still really uncomfortable but obviously that's not an option out and about.
  • The risk of being 'found out,' however due to lack of smells and careful clothing choices I find this less likely than when I wasn't protected.
So in short, there are so many awful things about being incontinent and using nappies as a way to deal with it. Having said that, the piece of mind I get from protection (and indeed I think my life would have been so much easier had I been in protection all the time) still cancels out the negatives. There's also the frustration that I've had a lot of false hope from other products that the Continence Team have recommended but find that nappies are the least worst option. I wish there was a much cheaper and less embarrassing way to manage this condition though!

Reactions: Dinotopian2002, andrea29, DreamerBenenedicte and 4 others
That is so awful that you are suffering like that for so long after Covid. I do hope there are some small glimmers of hope of improvement even if to in the inco part of the problem

Reactions: Diprs2 and InconLifer
Richard101 said:
That is so awful that you are suffering like that for so long after Covid. I do hope there are some small glimmers of hope of improvement even if to in the inco part of the problem

Thanks! I finally started private physio last year and there have been some mild improvements in terms of fatigue and brain fog. The neuro stuff isn't shifting though and so incontinence wise I haven't noticed any real difference. Indeed, it was really the second time I got it in 2020 that made things really fall off a cliff. I was able to use a crutch after round one and whilst my bladder issues were worse, big blow out accidents weren't the norm (but any time I wasn't adequately protected I regretted it). After round two I needed a wheelchair and became pretty much completely incontinent.

I had accepted the need for protection before the Long Covid stuff though but didn't need to be in bulky protection 24/7 and was able to get by with more discreet products.

Hoping to start back at university in September part-time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dinotopian2002, LordDuque and Diprs2
Rita said:
Getting baby powder on the tapes and fingers so then tapes don't stay on !!
Yeh I hate this, I always make sure not to touch the powder with my fingers.

littleK1626 said:
Fungual rash
Sure it is? Really? I thought it was due to usual wetness, active life, lack of air, etc. In fact I said in summer because if occurs it’s just that months interval between end spring-start autaumn. oh and much obliged for your interest 🙂

I'm so tired of needing a medical supply bag in America. I'm so tired of getting pushback when i bring a bag into a store or restaurant or movie theatre and having to show the staff my mobility aids cuz they think I might steal something or bring a gun

IncontinentScholar said:
I'm so tired of needing a medical supply bag in America. I'm so tired of getting pushback when i bring a bag into a store or restaurant or movie theatre and having to show the staff my mobility aids cuz they think I might steal something or bring a gun
I think that's one area where women have an advantage since it's normal for them to carry a purse everywhere (even to the bathroom). I guess it's accepted that women might need feminine hygiene products at least so maybe that's why but it's sort of weird that it's considered weird for men to bring a bag with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and IncontinentScholar
I can manage my incontinence most of the time. The biggest and I know that it is more mental than physical, but she is dry.

Back