It said to place avatar here!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
  4. Other
So, not 100% AB here at all...

But, i see a lot of people here that are open with the issues they face, from autism, to physical issues, to just feelings that need something.

First off i thing everyone has something they have to contend with, physical or not, and that is just how it it. Small or big there i nothing wrong with this and in fact its normal. we are complex beings and nothing is perfect.

That said, Like to see what people do to cope/help/do with and about these issues.

I start by saying i have a lot of physical issues, mostly nerve issue, from just spinal nerve damage, to nerve degenration, to autonomic dysfunction. also some major spine damage, head trauma, multiple(many) cuncusions, to some destroyed bones and tendons, and plenty of falls every month.

So, I use a segufix at night to keep me in bed when i sleep, im an avid sleepwalker since birth (parents locked my door as a child) and with the other issues if i sleepwalk it ends in being hurt from just a broken toe to most likey falling down a flight of stairs, broken tibia and found with no to undetectable pulse, yes my phone called on the fall.

So, besids the segufix, I also use a wheelchair to get around, as walking ay distance is not going to be good and will usually result in passing out at some point, usuallt before 100 feet.

I also have a lot of phantom pain/tingling/etc, so i use a weighted blanket to help with that, just got a new 30# for xmas. I also get the feeling like i have a hang nail or something in my fingers and will end up without thinking about it chewing on them and usually end up with getting an infection, so i use something called mavalastop on my nails to keep that from happening, tastes really bad, and the tast desnt just go away quickly, even mouthwash cant get it to go away right away. Drawback is cant lick fingers after/during eathing, but that might be good for etiquite i guess.

I also have neck issues, and int the wheelchair and in cars wear a hessinger collar to keep my neck from hurting as much. wear it if sitting up a lot too.

Bad back, i use aback brace, long corset type, no like front busk, just laces up.

Bad foot, i have a brace to keep toes from being out of place, big toe and next 2 have no tendons on the bottom and no down pressure and will cramp up up. So have a brace that will keep them in place. When in the sheelchair use the footress/straps for this and for when i get muscle spasms.

Now also got a new harness for back of seat in the car/van with i hope will allow me to go for a ride and not get in as much pain. let alone safer as I cant support my back very well.

I also have IC and use diapers, tried cath, got infections often, even up to kidney infections, was maybe going to go suprapubic but ended up just going with diapers, seems safer as dont get infectons anymore.

There is a myriad of other little things, from also the segufix helping with night terrors, and if i need to be woken up i often wake up swinging or thrashing, so if going to need to be woken up for an appointment, just use the wrist/foot resraints to be safe.
I also like to have my dog(plushie) i can grab if wake up from a night terror, that helps.

I also have and use a cpap.

with all that being a start, what sorta things do you all do to cope with or mitigate issues in your life?

Bigbabybret said:
First off i thing everyone has something they have to contend with, physical or not, and that is just how it it. Small or big there i nothing wrong with this and in fact its normal. we are complex beings and nothing is perfect.
indeed.
Bigbabybret said:
with all that being a start, what sorta things do you all do to cope with or mitigate issues in your life?
I think that's going to vary quite a bit depending on what each of us is dealing with.

In my own case, I have a medical condition that requires almost minute-by-minute management. A lot of it has become second-nature: i know when I do this I have to do that. It's also lead to my doctors having irreconcilable differences with the FAA's medical certification branch, and I've been ground-bound now for about 6 years. While I miss that dearly, I'm focusing on other things I can do, like hiking and biking. I note that road biking perhaps has more in common with how a bird flies than an airplane does. Certainly hiking in the woods is good for my "inner bird".

That condition also makes me a really high risk for a bad outcome from COVID, et.al. That's severely curtailed opportunities for any social interaction since the pandemic. That's a regular topic of discussion with my counselor. And, I'm here.

littleFeathers said:
indeed.

I think that's going to vary quite a bit depending on what each of us is dealing with.

In my own case, I have a medical condition that requires almost minute-by-minute management. A lot of it has become second-nature: i know when I do this I have to do that. It's also lead to my doctors having irreconcilable differences with the FAA's medical certification branch, and I've been ground-bound now for about 6 years. While I miss that dearly, I'm focusing on other things I can do, like hiking and biking. I note that road biking perhaps has more in common with how a bird flies than an airplane does. Certainly hiking in the woods is good for my "inner bird".

That condition also makes me a really high risk for a bad outcome from COVID, et.al. That's severely curtailed opportunities for any social interaction since the pandemic. That's a regular topic of discussion with my counselor. And, I'm here.
Yes, sounds good as for getting out to nature, i live in the country on a farm(orchard) and was never happy in the big city, live in chicago for awhile.

Yeah keep the soul fed and keep safe.

Back