Thickest pull ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

justneedhelp

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Can someone recommend a thick overnight pull up that is cost effective? North shore is just too expensive for bedwetting a few nights a week. I don't care about crinkle or discreetness at night. I just want comfortable that doesn't feel wet and wake me up and being decent for side sleeping. I really prefer something I can order from Amazon. I'm small and don't wet a ton in volume but more frequently I think due to pregnancy. I cannot get behind the tape ons when I can wake up some of the times and don't want to encourage myself to just let go. And I just can't imagine I could be comfortable in plastic pants. This is so discouraging. I'm sorry I have posted so much lately it seems 😔

i have to take melatonin or a sleep aid along with epilepsy medication so I've got a lot working against me. I have to have sleep or my seizures will start up including nocturnal seizures with consistent wetting each time and absence seizures where I could wet myself during the day.

thick and pull-ups would be a contradiction

Reactions: theancientmariner, dlboylife and espectro
Odor control is definitely also important because I'm sensitive to smell but cannot stand fragrance. Id almost rather wet the bed than wear diapers with perfume.

The northshore pullups are pretty good they hold all my wettings while I'm at work for 8hrs. They control odor pretty well only a few times have I noticed an odor and it was after lots of coffee and coffee makes my urine smell a bit more than normal.

Reactions: KindaOlde and justneedhelp
Thickness and high absorbency are a must.

Reactions: justneedhelp
dpcare said:
thick and pull-ups would be a contradiction
I get that. It's not really for absorption since I never really leak but just for my own comfort and peace of mind

Reactions: diaper18
Skylark said:
The northshore pullups are pretty good they hold all my wettings while I'm at work for 8hrs. They control odor pretty well only a few times have I noticed an odor and it was after lots of coffee and coffee makes my urine smell a bit more than normal.
I've used them before which worked well but not cost effective unfortunately and I just can't afford them

Reactions: Skylark
justneedhelp said:
I've used them before which worked well but not cost effective unfortunately and I just can't afford them
Yeah they are pretty expensive. I only use them at work so a case lasts me awhile. But I also spend quite a bit on diapers in general.
Think the tena ones I heard were good but I don't have any experience with them. You could also try a clothbacked diaper with the Velcro tabs. I use tykables cause they can be loosened and pulled down to use the potty then pulled back up and refastened.

Tranquility’s night time pull up is pretty good.

Assuming they haven't discontinued them, Northshore also has (or had) their GoSupreme Lite underwear. It's similar to the GoSupreme, but thinner and less absorbent, but still crazy thick compared to just about any other pull-on you might find. I have a couple samples laying around. Definitely quite thick. Not sure how much they absorb, or how much they cost, but...certainly less than the full-absorbency version.

Northshore also has FlexSupreme, but I've heard very few good things about it. It generally seems to be regarded as an inferior product to GoSupreme, but if it fits and does the job for you, and is more affordable (I'm pretty sure it's priced significantly lower), then by all means. They might have discontinued it, though, not sure.

There's also Abena Abri-Flex (currently being rebranded to Abena Pants in the US and possibly elsewhere; supposedly the product itself hasn't changed, aside from the print, but...we'll see). It's available in four different absorbencies, from 0 to 3. Supposedly even 0 is thick (compared to other pull-ons) and will still far outdo what you find on the shelf at a store. I have M3 for medium, in the highest absorbency available, but again, I haven't used it yet. My IC issues are are thankfully not flaring up at the moment, and I also have yet to find any free time to, uhhh...test them. Abri-Flex M3 is right up there with GoSupreme for absorbency. I will say the M3 is kind of pricey (some places have much better pricing than others, so look around; I think J and B At Home and Vitality Medical had some of the better prices that I've found), though buying by the case definitely takes the sting off a bit. I picked up two packs to try, and it was painful.

As mentioned above, the Tranquility Premium Overnight Underwear is generally quite well-liked, and seems to be regarded as a decent budget alternative to Northshore GoSupreme and Abena. It's obviously not as good as those, but again, seems to blow a lot of the other offerings out of the water. They're one of the things I'd like to try next.

Like you, I'm also hoping to find something reasonably absorbent that's affordable. I have plenty of tabbed diapers, but for wearing outside the house, I'd prefer a pull-on, if I can find one that meets my needs. I know full well that's a big if, though.

Oh! Always Discreet Boutique is also well-liked and surprisingly absorbent, if you can tolerate the obnoxious floral scent, color, and print. It's basically the core of a Pampers diaper (Baby Dry, I think I've seen people say), attached to adult-sized underwear. I've used that one personally, when I had nothing else available, and did end up having an accident, pretty much completely emptying my bladder, which it held really well. My accident was definitely a flood and not a slow leak, and I did not expect it to hold, but it did. I should say that it probably wasn't quite a full bladder, but...once I realized that it was too late and I was already going, I didn't try to stop it. I didn't push any extra out, but it emptied for a solid ten seconds straight, until I no longer felt any urge. That happened standing up, though. The main absorbent section of its pad stops pretty low in the rear, though it has really good coverage in the front (to the point that I'm inclined to say they also had male anatomy in mind). Unlike many adult underwear products, it does actually have a marginally absorbent section that does run quite far up the rear, but that part doesn't hold much at all. Basically, it's almost all SAP back there, and virtually no fluff. I wouldn't want to use it lying down. At the time I was using that (something like the end of 2020, maybe), they did have issues with the leak guards... They're folded over the elastic and then welded shut over top of it to capture the elastic, and they'd overdone it with the welder, melting a bunch of holes in the leak guards, but it didn't actually cause any major leaks. They also did have double leak guards, as I recall, which is crazy for a store-bought product. That's probably what kept them from leaking. I will say that at least one set of the leak guards (probably the outer of the two), if I recall, were made from the plastic backing that's under the outer cloth, so I did get a lot of sweat buildup along the leak guards. I think the design has changed a bit since I last used them, so I can't speak to the current design, but it was really good back then, aside from the awful smell. If it weren't for that smell and being far more feminine than I'd care for, I could happily wear those 24/7, and feel pretty well protected.

Last edited:
justneedhelp said:
I get that. It's not really for absorption since I never really leak but just for my own comfort and peace of mind
Here's a highly absorbent pull-up from the makers of Babylino baby diapers. Expensive yet but ideal for overnight use!

5201263862977_1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
DelC said:
Assuming they haven't discontinued them, Northshore also has (or had) their GoSupreme Lite underwear. It's similar to the GoSupreme, but thinner and less absorbent, but still crazy thick compared to just about any other pull-on you might find. I have a couple samples laying around. Definitely quite thick. Not sure how much they absorb, or how much they cost, but...certainly less than the full-absorbency version.

Northshore also has FlexSupreme, but I've heard very few good things about it. It generally seems to be regarded as an inferior product to GoSupreme, but if it fits and does the job for you, and is more affordable (I'm pretty sure it's priced significantly lower), then by all means. They might have discontinued it, though, not sure.

There's also Abena Abri-Flex (currently being rebranded to Abena Pants in the US and possibly elsewhere; supposedly the product itself hasn't changed, aside from the print, but...we'll see). It's available in four different absorbencies, from 0 to 3. Supposedly even 0 is thick (compared to other pull-ons) and will still far outdo what you find on the shelf at a store. I have M3 for medium, in the highest absorbency available, but again, I haven't used it yet. My IC issues are are thankfully not flaring up at the moment, and I also have yet to find any free time to, uhhh...test them. Abri-Flex M3 is right up there with GoSupreme for absorbency. I will say the M3 is kind of pricey (some places have much better pricing than others, so look around; I think J and B At Home and Vitality Medical had some of the better prices that I've found), though buying by the case definitely takes the sting off a bit. I picked up two packs to try, and it was painful.

As mentioned above, the Tranquility Premium Overnight Underwear is generally quite well-liked, and seems to be regarded as a decent budget alternative to Northshore GoSupreme and Abena. It's obviously not as good as those, but again, seems to blow a lot of the other offerings out of the water. They're one of the things I'd like to try next.

Like you, I'm also hoping to find something reasonably absorbent that's affordable. I have plenty of tabbed diapers, but for wearing outside the house, I'd prefer a pull-on, if I can find one that meets my needs. I know full well that's a big if, though.

Oh! Always Discreet Boutique is also well-liked and surprisingly absorbent, if you can tolerate the obnoxious floral scent, color, and print. It's basically the core of a Pampers diaper (Baby Dry, I think I've seen people say), attached to adult-sized underwear. I've used that one personally, when I had nothing else available, and did end up having an accident, pretty much completely emptying my bladder, which it held really well. My accident was definitely a flood and not a slow leak, and I did not expect it to hold, but it did. I should say that it probably wasn't quite a full bladder, but...once I realized that it was too late and I was already going, I didn't try to stop it. I didn't push any extra out, but it emptied for a solid ten seconds straight, until I no longer felt any urge. That happened standing up, though. The main absorbent section of its pad stops pretty low in the rear, though it has really good coverage in the front (to the point that I'm inclined to say they also had male anatomy in mind). Unlike many adult underwear products, it does actually have a marginally absorbent section that does run quite far up the rear, but that part doesn't hold much at all. Basically, it's almost all SAP back there, and virtually no fluff. I wouldn't want to use it lying down. At the time I was using that (something like the end of 2020, maybe), they did have issues with the leak guards... They're folded over the elastic and then welded shut over top of it to capture the elastic, and they'd overdone it with the welder, melting a bunch of holes in the leak guards, but it didn't actually cause any major leaks. They also did have double leak guards, as I recall, which is crazy for a store-bought product. That's probably what kept them from leaking. I will say that at least one set of the leak guards (probably the outer of the two), if I recall, were made from the plastic backing that's under the outer cloth, so I did get a lot of sweat buildup along the leak guards. I think the design has changed a bit since I last used them, so I can't speak to the current design, but it was really good back then, aside from the awful smell. If it weren't for that smell and being far more feminine than I'd care for, I could happily wear those 24/7, and feel pretty well protected.
Thank you for the info and suggestions. I was awake for hours last night after the always boutique leaked. The perfume in them grossed me out so bad but I don't feel as wet and uncomfortable in them as goodnites. I might try tranquility.

Have you considered a tape on brief/diaper? I ask as I don't know of a pull-up or "underwear" type that will work (most lack leak guards which equals a wet bed) where-as a tape on like a Betterdry is about as close as a lock to no leaks as you're going to find. Northshore's products are incredible as well, though generally more expensive. LLMedico has the best prices and offers discounts to police/fire-fighter, veterans, I think teachers...pretty much public servants as well as give rewards that accumulate. For me that works out to be 2 free cases of Betterdry/year.

Northshore will send you samples of what you're interested in too, which will help you choose. If you live anywhere near NE Pa and wear size L I'd even give you some "briefs" to try. I have been using the Megamax mostly as the VA is FINALLY supplying me with something that works. Shame it took forever, but I'm getting them now at least. I asked for Betterdry but they deal with Northshore so I'm getting Megamax. Not like I'm complaining though! Free is ALWAYS good!

Hope you find what you're looking for.

CptKirk

Reactions: Deleted member 56273
justneedhelp said:
Thank you for the info and suggestions. I was awake for hours last night after the always boutique leaked. The perfume in them grossed me out so bad but I don't feel as wet and uncomfortable in them as goodnites. I might try tranquility.
Oh, yeah, the perfume is just absolutely horrendous. I don't know what they were thinking with that. I simply can't wrap my head around it. Sorry to hear they didn't work for you. They need more absorbency in the back, unfortunately. Glad to hear they at least felt a little better than GoodNites.l, though. Yeah, I'd love to hear how that works out for you! I hope they meet your needs better.

DelC said:

Even though the Abena Pants are cloth back, do they still have a crinkle? I ask because I’ll wear them at night and my wife doesn’t like to hear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back