The word “piss” or “pissing”.

feetintrouble said:
We often say "wee" in Britain, rather than "pee".
That's a cultural difference which always interested me, because in America, nobody says "wee" but "wee-wee" is sometimes used as baby talk for "pee". It's so intrinsically connected with childish/baby speak over here that it's still odd for me to hear British adults say "wee" as casually as we do with "pee".

Reactions: KrankyPants
And just to confuse matters: in Scotland, "wee" means small.

An interesting discussion has been sparked here!

I’ve never regarded it as a “swear” word, just one that grates as rather “coarse”.

I haven’t and won’t mention it to my partner (the fact that she said it isn’t “bothering” or “offending” me in any way. Like I said, I think she was trying to be funny as she said it after I showed her the ad, which made her giggle.

Normally we both use the words “wee” or “weeing” as well as “wet” and “wetting”.

“Accident” is also a regular term.

Occasionally she will surprise me by having secretly put on a nappy announce something like “Oops, I think I’m having an accident!” or staring into space and saying “I’m weeing!”

All very exciting, and I wish she would do it more often, but I wouldn’t want to put her off by asking/pressuring!

I wouldn't regard it necessarily as a 'swear' word but would be mindful of the people I used the word around as it may ruffle some feathers.

Personally, I tend to use 'wetting' or 'weeing' rather than 'pissing.'

I think that the former two terms are more commonly used within the ABDL phraseology and they just 'fit'

On the other hand, 'pissing' just conjures up memories of an acquaintance who got drunk enough that they managed to get kicked out of a certain pub chain for urinating against a wall in the outdoor smoker's area- in view of the bouncer.

While the words may refer to the same biological process, I think their use has an effect on the context.

Im not from the UK but when I first heard and understood the phrase,"take the piss".
I cant help but chuckle and think of teasing when I hear the word piss.
Thank you Brits!

Last edited:
Reactions: Abdlchriscrinkle and KrankyPants
The word piss is the bookend to the word shit. Neither one is going to help one regress to baby innosence. That said, I'm from the Jersey Shore so by the time I was in 3rd grade, as kids we probably said the word fuck almost as many times as we said the word "the".

• Haha
Reactions: KrankyPants, longallsboy, Saltedcaramel64 and 1 other person
feetintrouble said:
And just to confuse matters: in Scotland, "wee" means small.
Wee means small in the USA too!! Scotland isn't the only place.

Tot means a small child too, but in the news, I've seen kids as old as 11 and 12 years old called "tots", especially back in the 1950s and 1960s. I think that's odd. Yet a 13 year old who murders someone is adjudicated as an "adult" and sent to prison for maybe the rest of their life. So I get it, LOL, a 13 year old is an innocent little kid - unless he / she commits a horrible crime, then they're suddenly adults? That's hilarious (in a sickeningly sad sense).....Please... You have to laugh or snort at the criminal justice system in the USA.

Also I've seen news stories where 6 and 7 year olds were called toddlers....umm....I don't think that's a toddler theoretically. Even a 3 year old would technically be a preschooler.

- longallsboy

dogboy said:
The word piss is the bookend to the word shit. Neither one is going to help one regress to baby innosence. That said, I'm from the Jersey Shore so by the time I was in 3rd grade, as kids we probably said the word fuck almost as many times as we said the word "the".
Go to Norfolk, Virginia... LOL...there was a schoolyard chant in elementary schools in Norfolk that went : "We don't drink, nor' smoke, NOR' fuck, NOR' fuck, NOR' fuck!!" LOL 🤣🤣🤣

Actually the correct pronunciation of Norfolk (at least in Virginia) is actually "Naw - FICK"!! 🤣🤣 (NOT Nor-FOLK. That is how West Coast people pronounce it, or in Nebraska, like in Norfolk, Nebraska). About 75% of people from that area pronounce it "Naw-FICK". I love that. I get a real big kick out of going to YouTube and listening to a news channel in that area and the newscasters saying "Naw-FICK" like "Today in Naw-FICK, someone robbed a bank" or whatever. It's hilarious to watch. I actually love Norfolk and the Southeastern Virginia area, including Williamsburg.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
Reactions: dogboy
I've seen some parents call their youngest child, the "piss ant" lol 🤣🤣 - longallsboy

• Haha
longallsboy said:
Go to Norfolk, Virginia... LOL...there was a schoolyard chant in elementary schools in Norfolk that went : "We don't drink, nor' smoke, NOR' fuck, NOR' fuck, NOR' fuck!!" LOL 🤣🤣🤣

Actually the correct pronunciation of Norfolk (at least in Virginia) is actually "Naw - FICK"!! 🤣🤣 (NOT Nor-FOLK. That is how West Coast people pronounce it, or in Nebraska, like in Norfolk, Nebraska). About 75% of people from that area pronounce it "Naw-FICK". I love that. I get a real big kick out of going to YouTube and listening to a news channel in that area and the newscasters saying "Naw-FICK" like "Today in Naw-FICK, someone robbed a bank" or whatever. It's hilarious to watch. I actually love Norfolk and the Southeastern Virginia area, including Williamsburg.

- longallsboy
Where I'm from, Norfolk rhymes with "book." That is to say, however you pronounce "book," Norfolk follows suit.

More on topic, I use "piss" in general speech, because in my mind it separates me from babyish terms in other's eyes.

kittykid said:
Where I'm from, Norfolk rhymes with "book." That is to say, however you pronounce "book," Norfolk follows suit.

More on topic, I use "piss" in general speech, because in my mind it separates me from babyish terms in other's eyes.
You must be from Norfolk, England; or Norfolk, Nebraska 😂 - longallsboy

Last edited:
longallsboy said:
You must be from Norfolk, England; or Norfolk, Nebraska
Funnily enough, neither. But I am from the UK, so I'm close enough to the OG Norfolk

A female Ex of mine mentioned my lifestyle choices as part of a looong list as to why it was over, we'd had a cold ghosting-each-month but interestingly (?) in that time her attitude altered and this was notable as she suddenly started saying "yeah but you piss in nappies!"
...she fell in with a more grown up group - unbeknownst to me - but it's led me to say don't give a partner a very large amount of space when requested as such.
-
BW

• Wow
I prefer pee pee or wet as they are more little and caring. There not as harsh sounding as piss or pissing.

Reactions: AJFan2020 and KrankyPants
oreobaby89 said:
I prefer pee pee or wet as they are more little and caring. There not as harsh sounding as piss or pissing.
Same

I intensely dislike the words "piss and shit" and prefer "wet, messy, poopy, soiled, or loaded diapers."

I prefer the words "tinkle," "wee-wee," "piddle," "pee-pee," and "whiz," myself.

As merly a dl with zero little affiliation I like the word piss, or pissing. Perhaps because in my case it's of a sexual nature? I would rather be pissed on then peed on. Piss has the carnal rawness much like $uck, being told by someone that they want you to $uck them is definitely hot, I feel the same way for pissing, or piss.

Piss and Pissing were terms that were and are common in the rough and tumble world that I worked in . Being pissed off, pissing like a race horse, not amounting to a piss hole in the snow, Oh go piss up a rope, I got to take a piss. It is raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock, and as Fleckothefennec said it is better to be pissed off the pissed on (well maybe) He was pissed (drunk) and many other phrases. But one wets or pees in a diaper no matter your age.

I don't even like the word "shit". Pissing and shitting are such angry words.

Back