The Ultimate Pullup Art Reference Archive

TigerJams

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
Long time reader, first time poster - My name is Jam and I am a furry artist! I have been working very hard on a design reference archive of every pullup diaper I can find! I currently have over 150 designs from all the major brands spanning from 1990's-current. Each album represents a pack of pullup diapers, and all included designs in the package.

I know a lot of readers/users here also have a special place in their heart for Pull-Ups/Easy Ups/Goodnites and I bet I have your favorite design already! If I don't please let me know what I am missing and I will try my best to get it added :D

>> Click here to check out the archive <<

What is your motivation for putting this together?
I am a furry kidfur artist who draws pullup art! I have a passion for accuracy and realism, and I found that a lot of the pullups my commissioners wanted me to draw did not have good reference photos (if any at all). I saw a need for an archive that focused on the designs and art of the pullups, showing the front, back, sides, and any meaningful feature!

I would love to help you Jam! What can I do to help?

As you may have seen, some diapers in the archive have tags [UNKNOWN] which means I am unsure of the manufacturer, date of release, or some other detail. If you happen to know any of these please send me a message or comment directly on Flickr. If you have pullups that I do not have yet in the archive, please send me a DM and we can discuss!~

Can I reference these photos for my own art/projects?

Yes, you can use these photos as references for your own art (commissioning art or drawing art for others).

TL;DR
Look at the pretty pullup diapers:
>> Click here to check out the archive <<

• Love
Reactions: cltabdl, tdlrfootedpjs, WillFord384 and 12 others
Good job, but let me know when you get to the turn-of-the-century Mickey and Minnie ones.

Reactions: Edgewater
ZetaSonic said:
Good job, but let me know when you get to the turn-of-the-century Mickey and Minnie ones.
Do you have a link / reference to these ones? (I assume Huggies Pull-Ups as well?)

Reactions: Edgewater
@TigerJams your collection is impressive! I too enjoy Pull Ups over regular diapers; we sure are a rare breed. It would be great to see more 90's Pull Ups designs. Just a quick word of advice, I hope you have your entire archive backed up elsewhere. I used to have my own Pull Ups archive on flickr until I got banhammered. Nonetheless, I do not let that stop me from expanding my own archive. Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing more from you!

Reactions: Edgewater and TigerJams
@Aquasailor
I like wearing / enjoy Goodnites XL,, so not rare breed. there are more :p:cool:

Reactions: DanElmontan, Edgewater and Aquasailor
Aquasailor said:
@TigerJams your collection is impressive! I too enjoy Pull Ups over regular diapers; we sure are a rare breed. It would be great to see more 90's Pull Ups designs. Just a quick word of advice, I hope you have your entire archive backed up elsewhere. I used to have my own Pull Ups archive on flickr until I got banhammered. Nonetheless, I do not let that stop me from expanding my own archive. Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing more from you!
@Aquasailor thank you! Ever since I started my archive I have found MANY pullup enthusiasts and folks who prefer stretchy sides to tapes! Sadly we are all scattered throughout and do not have a central location on the internet to discuss pullup only topics (ADISC here is actually pretty good for it, but I am unsure how known this community is).

I would love to have more 90s pullups, but they tend to be sold in sealed packaging, which I avoid buying because I would have to open the package to take the photos.... and as I am not much of a collector I feel I am removing a rare piece of someone's collection by tearing the package.

Would you be able to share a link to your archive? I would love to see what you have!

Reactions: Edgewater and GatoChihuahua
Wow, that’s quite the collection. What’s most incredible is that you appear to have stripped the outer fabric off many of these diapers to expose the most vivid image of their decoration. Great work, and as you say, you seem very detail oriented.

Reactions: PaddedRita
@TigerJams I am still trying to figure out how to share my link. My archive is on mega and I am still quite new to be honest. Once I figure it out, I will send it to you asap. Yeah, I don't want to buy a whole pack of Pull Ups; just a few will suffice. For the meantime, please enjoy my own collection of Pull Ups and other diapers over the years.

20221224_105204.jpg

20221224_113133.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: HeythereitsMax, xxPampersBoyxx, PaddedRita and 9 others
That is a nice archive, would be helpful to see more of them and not just pull ups but diapers too, what I need are the full flat images like This one of several designs and makes over the years.

I have tried making a few of my own print designs but I'm not great at drawing, it would be good to have some references of diapers through the years to get them more authentic looking colour and pattern wise, the idea would be to create a similar design (not infringing on copy rights) on a scaled up template that I would then have tiled and custom printed onto a roll of fabric to cut out and sew into either cloth diapers or covers/wraps/underpants etc. with disposable like designs.

I can figure them out with out reference but think they would look better if I could match colour schemes and styles.

Reactions: WillFord384 and Edgewater
Aquasailor said:
@TigerJams I am still trying to figure out how to share my link. My archive is on mega and I am still quite new to be honest. Once I figure it out, I will send it to you asap. Yeah, I don't want to buy a whole pack of Pull Ups; just a few will suffice. For the meantime, please enjoy my own collection of Pull Ups and other diapers over the years.

View attachment 101128

View attachment 101129
Wow your collection is extensive! Thank you for sharing! I was not aware of the older MLP pullups, I will have to look around for those to add to my archive! Do you know the brand and year released by any chance? I know that Walgreens Well Beginnings had MLP at some point, but those are impossible to find (I am not even sure what they look like).

Reactions: tdlrfootedpjs
Belarin said:
That is a nice archive, would be helpful to see more of them and not just pull ups but diapers too, what I need are the full flat images like This one of several designs and makes over the years.

I have tried making a few of my own print designs but I'm not great at drawing, it would be good to have some references of diapers through the years to get them more authentic looking colour and pattern wise, the idea would be to create a similar design (not infringing on copy rights) on a scaled up template that I would then have tiled and custom printed onto a roll of fabric to cut out and sew into either cloth diapers or covers/wraps/underpants etc. with disposable like designs.

I can figure them out with out reference but think they would look better if I could match colour schemes and styles.

I always include a flat image of every design I upload as I have the same goal of drawing the pullup as accurately as possible.

There are a few folks with Diaper archives - a big inspiration for my own was Camelotian Diaper Wiki. They have a bit of everything!~ For myself, I am only going to archive pullups :D

Reactions: WillFord384 and Belarin
TigerJams said:
Wow your collection is extensive! Thank you for sharing! I was not aware of the older MLP pullups, I will have to look around for those to add to my archive! Do you know the brand and year released by any chance? I know that Walgreens Well Beginnings had MLP at some point, but those are impossible to find (I am not even sure what they look like).

Actually, these are the Walgreens Well Beginnings MLP training pants from 2013. These are the 3T-4T and 4T-5T designs.

Attachments

• Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 4T-5T b.JPG
    Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 4T-5T b.JPG
    854.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 4T-5T a.JPG
    Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 4T-5T a.JPG
    959.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 3T-4T b.JPG
    Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 3T-4T b.JPG
    943.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 3T-4T a.JPG
    Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 3T-4T a.JPG
    952.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 4T-5T b.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 59
  • Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 4T-5T a.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 47
  • Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 3T-4T b.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 40
  • Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 3T-4T a.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 37
Reactions: HeythereitsMax and WillFord384
TigerJams said:
I always include a flat image of every design I upload as I have the same goal of drawing the pullup as accurately as possible.

There are a few folks with Diaper archives - a big inspiration for my own was Camelotian Diaper Wiki. They have a bit of everything!~ For myself, I am only going to archive pullups :D

What a surprise! I too include a flat image for every Pull Up/Goodnite/Drynite/etc design. Here are hi-res closeups of the MLP training pants.

Attachments

• Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 3T-4T a front.jpg
    Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 3T-4T a front.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 46
  • Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 3T-4T a reverse.jpg
    Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 3T-4T a reverse.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 38
  • Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 3T-4T b front.jpg
    Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 3T-4T b front.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
  • Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 3T-4T b reverse.jpg
    Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 3T-4T b reverse.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
  • Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 4T-5T a front.jpg
    Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 4T-5T a front.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
  • Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 4T-5T a reverse.jpg
    Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 4T-5T a reverse.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
  • Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 4T-5T b front.jpg
    Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 4T-5T b front.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 38
  • Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 4T-5T b reverse.jpg
    Walgreens Well Beginnings Girls 2013 4T-5T b reverse.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
  • Love
Reactions: WillFord384
Oh this is a happy surprise, I've been lurking on this forum for years but I might as well contribute what i have.

I've been collecting pull-ups and baby diapers for a while now and I recently started doing high resolution scans of their designs. My scanner isn't large enough to scan them in 1 go so I have to stitch the back and front pictures together.

Here is a quick sample of the more recent scans I've taken. The New-Leaf Pull-Ups are my latest scans and the ones I'm probably the most proud of so far. I need to re-scan a bunch of the ones i did earlier on as my skill has significantly improved since i started. The MLP easy-ups have been a pain in the ass though and i don't plan on re-scanning them. Getting them to be straight and without too many wrinkles was quite difficult but it's nothing that enough tape can't solve.

In total I have 73 different designs. 18 of them are scanned and processed (though 7 of those are marked for redo), and the other 55 are in the to-do list.

as a sidenote: @Aquasailor I'd be interested in that mega archive.

Attachments

• full.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 54
  • full.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 39
  • full.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 41
  • full.jpg
    full.jpg
    1,002.4 KB · Views: 45
  • full.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 34
  • full.jpg
    8.8 MB · Views: 36
  • full.jpg
    full.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 45
  • full.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 41
  • full.jpg
    10 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
While I'm at it, I might as well share some other things I learned along the way.

The scans won't be perfect, nothing ever is
It's important to keep in mind that perfection isn't something worth spending hours on. Minor lighting issues, discoloration, odd shadows, smaller wrinkles and small pieces of dust or hair, can be dealt with in post. So don't worry too much about getting the perfect scan.

Diapers are thicker than paper and you need to account for that
Most consumer-grade scanners aren't meant to scan things that have depth. Your scanner might have issues scanning the diapers/pullups because of that. If you have one of those fancy art scanners that can scan things that are away from the glass without problems, you shouldn't have any issues. I looked into getting one but I couldn't find one that would fit into my budget. Though I do plan on saving up for one.

Make backups and mark them as read-only
Hopefully you won't have to learn this the hard way but, just in case, make sure that you have backups of your raw scans. Marking those backups as read-only isn't that bad of an idea too.

Keep your edits to separate layers
Mistakes aren't always apparent and sometimes it takes a while to find them. Keeping your edits to a separate layers should help you fix those mistakes without having to undo a bunch of unrelated edits.

My current methodology
This is usually how I go about doing my scans and touch ups:
  1. Clean up your tools and prepare your piece
    1. Clean up the room you are working in. Dust has to come from somewhere and a clean environment will reduce the amount of stuff that you have floating around.​
    2. A clean monitor should also help you find dirt more easily. Don't use alcohol solutions to clean up monitors, use plain water and a microfiber cloth. Use a rotating motion and quickly dry it using an other cloth.​
    3. Clean up your scanner glass. I usually use an alcohol based solution that evaporates quickly without leaving any residue and a microfiber cloth.​
    4. Inspect the diaper/pullup for any grime. The less dirt you have to remove the less work you'll have to do in post.​
    5. If your diaper/pullup has some strong elastics in the waist band you could spend some time and remove them. The white strips at the top of pullups and the large bands on the back side of Huggies diapers tend to cause cause large wrinkles so removing them is usually a good idea.​
    6. This advice also applies for leak guards with strong elastics. They can cause large wrinkles around the middle. Using a pair of scissors to cut the elastic part away will usually solve this issue.​
  2. Apply tape to the underside of the top and bottom of the diaper
    1. Clear tape is best for this but I don't have any that has enough sticking power for my needs. I usually use extra-strength duct tape. This usually causes discoloration at the bottom and top of the image that I have to fix in post. It also tends to leave a lot residue so expect extra cleanup between scans.​
    2. Stretch the diaper/pullup from the corners and apply some tape horizontally. You should aim to cover the bottom half of the tape with the diaper. Some diapers/pullups need a lot of tension to remove wrinkles and having a larger area to connect with will allow you to apply more tension.​
  3. Line up the diaper/pullup so that the top of the diaper is just about covers the edge of the glass bed without having the tape touch he glass.
    1. Cleaning off tape residue off the glass isn't always easy so be careful about it.​
    2. If you are working with a strong waistband, make sure that the edge of the design is flat, a strong waistband will usually cause a small "bend" at the top, causing the edges to be higher than the center.​
  4. Stretch out the diaper/pullup to it's maximum length and attach the tape to a secure location making sure that you have as much tension on the diaper as you can without the tape coming off.​
  5. Using the software of your choice (I use NAPS2) take a quick scan to see the state of your piece. Make sure it's aligned properly and look out for large wrinkles. Adding more tension can help remove large wrinkles, but sometimes you'll have to use tape to stretch the middle section. Clear tape is best for this but it tends to leave residues so expect some extra cleaning if you have to tape it to the glass.​
  6. Look out for dark spots in the sample scan, it's likely that your scanner isn't able to properly light up some parts because they are farther away from the glass or in my case because it's not shutting completely due to the back part sticking out. Putting some weights over the top of the scanner cover in the darkened areas should brighten up those sections.​
  7. Now it's time to take a proper scan.
    1. I usually scan at 600dpi. 600 is the point at which you can start making out ink jet dots and anything beyond that tends to be a lot more blurry.​
    2. Make sure you are scanning in full color and that any automated de-skew features are turned off. Having those on often results in blurry sections or unusual wobble in the designs.​
    3. If you use NAPS2 you can save your settings to a preset and turn this step into a 1 click affair.​
  8. If your scanner isn't large enough to scan the entire diaper/pullup, You'll have to repeat the last few steps for the back side.​
  9. Now that you have the scans, it's time to create your workspace. I usually create a folder that contains 2 folders and the Photoshop document where I do my edits.
    1. The first folder is called scans. It contains the original scans. I usually mark the entire folder as read only.​
    2. The second is called resources. It usually contains marketing images, notes about the fonts used, cutouts and other references that should help me reconstruct the scans.​
    3. If you are also scanning at 600dpi and have a separate image for the front and back sides, a canvas of 5500x13000 should be a good starting point.​
  10. If you have 2 scans to work with you need to align them:
    1. Set the front layer as the lowest layer. Then align it's top edge to the center of the top of your canvas.​
    2. Flip the back layer and align it with the bottom side of your front scan. It's likely there will be some repeated sections so set the opacity of the back layer to 50% and move it around until you find a match. Usually you can use some design elements to align the layers, but if there aren't any you'll have to use the color bands on the side. If you scanned a high resolution you should even be able to line up the ink jet dots.​
    3. You may now discover that your alignment wasn't entirely correct. Feel free to distort the image a bit using the distort, perspective and warp tools at your disposal. No need to get an exact match on the entire thing, just line up the edge + a small section and you should be fine.​
    4. Since the transition isn't always perfect I usually create a mask for the back image and use the eraser tool with a low hardness to create a smooth horizontal gradient between the 2 pictures. You can use the clone tool to do this but it's going to take a lot longer and usually gives less consistent results.​
  11. Once your scans are properly aligned, lock the layers and save your document. Making a backup at this point isn't a bad idea.​
  12. Now it's time to fix up the lighting and other large color abnormalities.
    1. Create a new layer group called large edits.​
    2. I usually create a layer where I white out the empty on the side in the middle. The cover usually creates a stark lighting transition and removing that transition usually lets me focus on the piece itself instead of the things around it.​
    3. Select an area that needs to be corrected using the lasso tool and apply a feather/gradient so that the edges of your selection isn't completely hard (ctrl+f6 in Photoshop). The size of the gradient will vary between edits but 100 to 150 is usually a good starting point if you are working with 600dpi scans.​
    4. Copy that selection to a new layer (ctrl+J in Photoshop) and apply the color fixes using the adjustment tools. Hue/Saturation (ctrl+u in Photoshop) can usually do some quick lighting fixes but if you need to fix de-coloration, levels and curves is probably a better bet.​
    5. repeat steps 3 and 4 until you are satisfied.​
  13. Don't forget to save your work often.​
  14. Now that you are done create a new layer for your clean ups.
    1. Using the clone tool hide away any dirt, grime, hairs or small wrinkles by copying a nearby area that is similar in color and lighting.​
    2. Sometimes you may need to reconstruct larger portion of the images if the diaper was damaged, which often occurs if you are removing the waist bands off of Huggies products. If you aren't skilled enough to do something keep in mind that you can always come back to do it later as your image editing skills improve.​
  15. Touch-ups and enhancements​
    1. If you have cutouts of the original designs you can overlay them over the originals design to help enhance the color or sharpness of the design.​
    2. If your text came out blurry, try to font-match and type it over, It will usually makes it more readable..​
    3. If there are some hard outlines on the characters feel free to retrace them too. I usually try to find a nice way to mix into the original image without completely overwriting the original image with a mix of blending methods and opacity values.​
    4. Having brand logos at your disposal is usually very nice for this as you can use those to sharpen up the logos in your scans.​
  16. And you're done​

Fonts to look out for:
  • Gotham Rounded - It's the round lettering used by Huggies/Pull-Ups and sometimes Pampers/Easy-Ups. You find it often on 2008-2019 packaging for Huggies and on their size labels. Pampers uses it for the Easy-Ups logo. Omnes might come up if you lookup "font used by Huggies". That's just the font they use on their website and I'm pretty sure they made some alterations to it given it's not always an exact match but it's often close enough.​
  • Nunito or BPreplay or Proxima Soft - Sometimes used instead of Gotham Rounded though it's not that common. It's used on their websites but not much more than that.​
  • Latinotype's Moranga - Used to spell out the sub-brand for the more recent Huggies products. It looks a lot like the font you'd find on an wooden letter block​
  • Myriad - Light or Regular - A lot of P&G products use it for their fine print or smaller text. kerning and letter spacing might sometimes be a bit weird though so keep an eye out for that. The condensed version is also sometimes used for very fine print.​
  • Brandon Grotesque - It's not an exact match but it's pretty close to the font used for a lot of DryNites products​
  • Museo - It's used by some of Pamper's products​
  • Pampers Script - A custom cursive font used by pampers. It only has a regular and italic font as far as I'm aware. I think it was introduced about 5 years ago with the pure line. It's not available for download, but there are ways of obtaining it if you know who to contact.​
I tried to put a link that should allow you to purchase or download the fonts from their original authors in the event that you ever need them.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TigerJams and jcwilliams343
TigerJams said:
Do you have a link / reference to these ones? (I assume Huggies Pull-Ups as well?)
159010FB-DEE1-45A3-A91E-4C369D0F5CE8.jpeg
From the previous image, these.

Wow, this is amazing. Thanks for doing the work!

Dpdude said:
Oh this is a happy surprise, I've been lurking on this forum for years but I might as well contribute what i have.

I've been collecting pull-ups and baby diapers for a while now and I recently started doing high resolution scans of their designs. My scanner isn't large enough to scan them in 1 go so I have to stitch the back and front pictures together.

Here is a quick sample of the more recent scans I've taken. The New-Leaf Pull-Ups are my latest scans and the ones I'm probably the most proud of so far. I need to re-scan a bunch of the ones i did earlier on as my skill has significantly improved since i started. The MLP easy-ups have been a pain in the ass though and i don't plan on re-scanning them. Getting them to be straight and without too many wrinkles was quite difficult but it's nothing that enough tape can't solve.

In total I have 73 different designs. 18 of them are scanned and processed (though 7 of those are marked for redo), and the other 55 are in the to-do list.

as a sidenote: @Aquasailor I'd be interested in that mega archive.
Do you have a link or posting for the designs

GoodniteQueen said:
Do you have a link or posting for the designs
i don't have exact dates or models or pictures of all the designs but i can provide my current progress. The left folder contains all ones i have scanned and the right is the ones that have yet to be scanned. The bracket contain the types or levels of touch ups I have yet to apply. I noticed that the costco pull-up with Jasmine and Cinderella still had some hair on it when i posted it here yesterday so i fixed up that one and removed a large chunk of wrinkles from it. the bottom side still needs some work but I'm pleased with it's current state.

I know the names aren't very exact, I'll try to better label or date them for next time, also i belive some ofthe goodnites and drynites are missing from the todo folder as i do have the l-xl and xl desings going all the way back to the owl and butterfly designs in the queue...
1675006457820.png

Attachments

• 1675008572765.png
    1675008572765.png
    371.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
@Dpdude here are the links to my collection of diapers and of images. These are also for anyone else interested.

Back