The tell tell smell

Littledragon87

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi all,
I was kinda hoping that maybe some of you would have some tips or tricks to keep the smell of a wet diaper from permeating into the room in which the diaper pail is located because even though I empty it like every three days and use diapers that claim that it has order neutralization/eliminating qualities the smell still escapes Into the room. I'm looking to do something with either the pail or the use of a good smelling oder neutralizer. Any advice is welcome and appreciated

The easiest (and most effective way) is to drink more water. It won't remove the smell, but it will lessen it greatly.

Reactions: CptKirk and Kellycares
Empty it daily.

Reactions: CptKirk
Every three days is probably too long to hold diapers in a covered diaper pail even with the best available soaking products. Even if you do keep hydrated , all urine breaks down over time and there will be some ammonia. When I wore cloth diapers, I used enough for a washer load nearly every day.

Whether you wear cloth or disposable diapers, It IS a great idea to drink a lot, especially water when you wear diapers 24/7. It does mean more wetting and more changes, but the less concentrated urine is much less irritating to your skin.

Last edited:
Im old school then it comes to disposing of used diapers. I've always used plastic shopping bags and double bagged them before putting them in the trash. Perhaps you could put them in a plastic grocery bag, tie it up and then toss it in the genie. I know it is a little extra effort, but the more barriers there are, the less odor can escape into the room.
I would not leave my used diapers in the kitchen trash. Too much risk of becoming 'nose blind'. Then you're in trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: jenstheboy
Back