The finer details of urge incontinence symptoms

scaifester

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I conversed with an ABDL friend about urge incontinence.
I shared my experiences of urge incontinence as follows.
  • Feel the urge and try to hold back
  • A little spurt in the diaper and stops
  • Happens again and stops
  • The spurts start and stop like spasms and quickly becomes a constant leak
  • The leak is like a faucet with a constant drip
  • I can hold back a flood but the constant drip continues until my bladder is half empty and stops.
  • At this point, I stop holding back and finish the void in my diaper.
Is this how urge incontinence is for you too?

• Wow
Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, Babynie, PaddedPonyboy and 8 others
scaifester said:
  • I can hold back a flood but the constant drip continues until my bladder is half empty and stops.

Pretty much how it works for me. .

Reactions: Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
I feel the urge when I am awake
then stand up and it's too late my diaper is flooding
spasms are quite frequent or just a dull ache
sometimes I've finished going and I change just for more to dribble out over my clothes or floor 🤦‍♂️

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, joemama, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
A little different for me. I reach a relatively small amount in my bladder, about 130 ml. Then I get an urge (spasm) and I immediately empty my bladder. Most of the time, I barely feel the urge. I just feel the pee coming out. This is probably because it happens so quickly and my body is so used to this state. If I’m busy I will often not even remember wetting.

Sometimes my sphincter under conscious control tries to stop the urge..,,and that lasts about a second or two before my bladder empties. Based on tests, I don’t have any residual urine left in my bladder. The only time I have the tiniest bit of warning is when I’m dehydrated because my bladder is filling a lot slower.

My official diagnosis right now is mixed incontinence (urge, stress, overflow) with mild urinary retention and bowel incontinence. I’m still looking for an underlying cause though, and have some tests scheduled in the near future.

Sometimes I get strong urges before wetting, and when this happens I try to hold back but end up wetting seconds after feeling the urge no matter what I do. When I am dealing with retention, it can cause my bladder to spasm and clench like it’s trying to push a lot of urine out, but only a small amount comes out.

scaifester said:
Yes. Similar.

Scaifester, My experience of urge incontinence is often similar to what you describe> At other times. if I've been sitting or lying down for a couple of hours or more, when I stand up I experience an overwhelming urge followed immediately by my bladder emptying itself completely into my diaper.

Reactions: Diprs2, diaperkool, DLPeakOut and 3 others
antgjuy said:
Scaifester, My experience of urge incontinence is often similar to what you describe> At other times. if I've been sitting or lying down for a couple of hours or more, when I stand up I experience an overwhelming urge followed immediately by my bladder emptying itself completely into my diaper.
All the above especially sitting for a while and getting up like driving for 2-3 hours and getting out I immediately have the urge sometimes I make it sometimes I am dribbling in the diaper and well like this weekend I have wet almost as soon as I start moving.

Reactions: messydiaper, Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
antgjuy said:

this is the same for me also.

Reactions: Diprs2
I am diagnosed with NDO, usually it is called urge incontinence as well.

It is completely different from your description. I will get the feeling of a full bladder early, about 150ml to 250ml, when not getting to the toilet now, for whatever reason, my bladder will cramp at 300 to 350ml capacity what is very painful. I am not able to hold that so my bladder will release about 50-70% of it at once. The pressure itself it not very high, it is the pain that drives the ongoing.

Reactions: GeorgeG and Diprs2
Back