The consequence of everyone knowing you wear diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calico said:
My mom isn't some bully, she has come a long ways. She has given me pull ups before when they were given to her because they didn't fit and she got me footed sleepers for Christmas and she got me a large size to make room for my diapers so I feel comfortable in my new pajamas and she says sorry when she thinks she has embarrassed me. It's hard for me to believe she is still trying to embarrass me or shame me to quit when she had already told me before it's part of who I am and has given me that other stuff. All that shit she has said before was all in the past when she didn't accept it and had a hard time with it. I don't know if she still doesn't like it. It's not like I can kick her out because she owns the house too and is she leaves, my husband and I would end up leaving too because we wouldn't be able to afford living here anymore and I don't think my Dad makes enough to even afford this place either.

This is still an awkward topic between us because she has expressed her hate towards it and her disgust and how it makes her want to throw up and how she loathes it and making comments like "You're wearing a diaper, yuck" "Oh Beth." and the time she got mad at me for messing myself when I was sick and the time she thought I messed myself when we smelled cow manure while coming home from our day out so this part has destroyed this part of our relationship but this is supposed to be private anyway, not talked about. But sadly she would have to rely on the internet if she wants to read on this than asking me. I have a hard time being open about it due to the damage she has caused. She admits she doesn't understand it and said once if she went somewhere where everyone wore diapers, they might think she is strange for not wearing them and find it sick she holds it and uses the toilet. Actually someone had written a story here about it but I don't know if it's still on here or moved to the private section. I can remember all the stories being moved to a board and only authors could see their own when Moo changed the story policy here. I believe they were all under for review to see if they are still appropriate for this board.

Showing her my diaper just to teach her a lesson won't work because she has no problem seeing me in one but I still don't flaunt it. But it would be ironic if she needed them when she is old and it would be my turn to make comments about it, especially while changing her. It would be pay back. I think she has finally realized it's not going to go away and I am not going to quit. I've told her it's my lifestyle. She even offered to get rid of my panties once when we were organizing the garage and putting stuff in the charity pile and she saw my underwear and said "Do you want me to put these in the charity pile?" I had them all in a plastic bag a bedding came in and I used it to store my underwear in because I wasn't using them. She has gone back and forth to acting accepting and then to not liking it so it has been confusing for me.

Ok she know's her mom a lot better then us.
You know shes alway going to be her mom.
That being said there are nice way of saying things.
Like laughing saying awww mom thats kind of embarrassing you know.
But if i do smell in public a whisper would be nice.

Kindness goes a long way. :)
Then give her the info she should read that way she can see where your comming from.
The confort thing more postive stuff.
I see she is trying.

Check out the books out there.
The best thing is that there are others like you.
Mabey just how things turned out.
All the best

Last edited:
=Calico She has come a long ways. She has given me pull ups before when they were given to her because they didn't fit and she got me footed sleepers for Christmas and she got me a large size to make room for my diapers so I feel comfortable in my new pajamas and she says sorry when she thinks she has embarrassed me. . . This is still an awkward topic between us because she has expressed her hate towards it and her disgust and how it makes her want to throw up and how she loathes it and making comments like "You're wearing a diaper, yuck" "Oh Beth." and the time she got mad at me for messing myself when I was sick and the time she thought I messed myself when we smelled cow manure while coming home from our day out so this part has destroyed this part of our relationship but this is supposed to be private anyway, not talked about. But sadly she would have to rely on the internet if she wants to read on this than asking me. I have a hard time being open about it due to the damage she has caused.
I'm glad she's come such a long way. I wasn't wasn't aware of that until you posted it. Sounds like she's accepted it, or is getting there. Just make sure she knows that the only reason you messed yourself that time was because you were sick, and you wouldn't disrespect her enough to do it just to make her mad. Maybe lovingly mention that being blamed for bad smells is embarrassing. Still sounds like she'd rather you not wear them. I wonder; does she think it's her fault?

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
I'm glad she's come such a long way. I wasn't wasn't aware of that until you posted it. Sounds like she's accepted it, or is getting there. Just make sure she knows that the only reason you messed yourself that time was because you were sick, and you wouldn't disrespect her enough to do it just to make her mad. Maybe lovingly mention that being blamed for bad smells is embarrassing. Still sounds like she'd rather you not wear them. I wonder; does she think it's her fault?

She told me ten years ago it scares her to think she did something wrong and she did her best raising me. She claims I was abused and I assume she means by things people have done to me including other kids. I remember in 6th grade, she was trying to help me so I would overcome my feeling for diapers.

I will never understand the fuss about people wearing them. It's not like she has to change them or buy them. I throw them away outside or in my room and put my cloth ones in a bucket and keep the lid on. I can understand if it's about the smell. That is why I use different laundry detergent and take my used diapers outside and I got air freshener you can spray because when I change, it smells sometimes and the smell stays there and it wafts out in the hallway. Adult diapers seem to smell more than baby ones.

Maxx said:
Get a dog. Almost anything can be blamed on the dog.

Nothing clears a room like a stinky bulldog

@the OP - If what your mom said, wasn't said in jest, then maybe it's time... Grow up that next little bit, and go get an apartment. You can still wear diapers, but nobody will be commenting on your farts, or other weird smells in the room.

AND, FOR ANYBabY that thinks it's a great idea to tell everyone you love/need to wear diapers, consider the lifelong consequences. Yes, some might fare well, but is it really worth it??? Did you know/care what underwear your parents or grandparents wore??? Is it any different??? IF, OTOH, they figured out the diaper use by being invasive with your privacy, then you've already stayed attached to the proverbial purse strings w-a-y too long.

My parents found out when I was like 15 or 16. >.> It turned into such a huge mess rofl. My mom called my Dad, my sisters knew -.- ... my gosh .. one of the worst days of my life XD.

But yes, I would get those sort of comments all the time. Except in my case, my parents wouldn't allow me to get diapers and they would make me promise not to wet the bed, you know .. as if I could help it. They threatened they would throw me out. XD They would go through my room every now and then just to make sure I didn't have any diapers. They would also check my bedding and such. Long story short ... I got thrown out. Several times.

Between me being Transgender, and AB/DL . .things never went well with me when it came to my parents lol. Well .. my Dad wasn't to bad I suppose, at least in comparison to my Mom.

Well .. I live about a few thousand miles away from my family now XD. Can't stand them.

My fiance, his family knows about it. I told them long before I even moved here. Their reaction was something along the lines of, ok? I was so shocked and speechless because I didn't know how to respond to such a .... normal and non surprised response.

They even treat me like their own child. It's always been kinda weird for me because I am not used to such kindness.

With that said, they don't ever make comments about smells and such.

Maxx said:
Get a dog. Almost anything can be blamed on the dog.

Now that was funny....thanks I needed that! Although, poor dogs they're so loyal. I love my dog, she is the best. But good excuse. I also understand what calico is saying too. There are some down sides to folks knowing.

- - - Updated - - -

dogboy said:
Or get a dogboy. Damn it!

Impulsive comment, ADHD blurt!😄 That made me laugh too! Good one Dogboy!

Damn, Lorica, you sure make me laugh!!!:)

I've been in that "awkward question" situation before. Some of the streets here in Vegas have bad sewer systems and the whole street will smell of butts. My mom and I were in the car and were driving to the dentists office and turned onto one of those butt streets and she asks me, "Do you need to change, 'cause you don't need to walk into the dentists office with a load in your pants." I'm partially IC anyway and she knows it. I said "I'm ok" but I still felt awkward when I needed to actually check to make sure. I was clean but it was still embarrassing that she asked. She could have at least worded it a less bluntly, but I didn't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back