That’s what I get for bragging!

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Over my 6 plus years of wearing 24/7 for my dual IC I’ve gotten rather cocky about diaper rash and how I have developed “Rhino Tushie”. Then I flew to Houston on January 5th to drive home the VW Jetta SportWagon TDI that I had bought. After 1250 miles of driving in soaking wet Abena Abri-Form M-4’s I had a hurting tush. It was nearly impossible to find places to change so I changed in the car under cover of darkness, but it should’ve been far more often than it was. After getting home I liberally applied zinc oxide and got back in my beloved cotton gauze contours and began the healing. Then recently I made a drive in my pickup to the East Coast and back to pick up an auction buy that my son had made. Since there was no air travel involved, and I had a more controlled environment, I chose to go with cloth and plastic pants with Abenas as a backup. Finding places to change wasn’t any easier on this trip so I ended up getting a shower at a truckstop, which brought back memories, but still ended up getting a mean case of diaper rash once again. So back to the zinc oxide and after running out of clean contours I had to wear Abenas for a couple days. These experiences have brought about an observation about recovering from severe diaper rash. It seems that if I wear the alternate to what I developed the rash in while wearing, cloth when the rash occurred wearing disposables and disposables when the rash erupted wearing cloth, the rash is eliminated much quicker. So anyway I’ve got to figure out what has become of my “Rhino Tushie” and try to get it back again!

Back