Tena Pants

Cherrypie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
There’s a lot of love for Tena slips, but I never see much discussion on Tena pull ups.

I am keen to try them but does anyone know the difference between Tena pants and Tena ProSkin pants? Like why is there two different versions? From my observation, the Tena pants is sold in supermarkets and the ProSkin version is sold online?

Attachments

• IMG_8104.jpeg
    IMG_8104.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8105.jpeg
    IMG_8105.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Deleted member 39193
The proskin are supposed to be more breathable. I use the Tena proskin ultra tape on for the day time. Before that it was the regular ultra. I can't tell the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cherrypie
Cherrypie said:
There’s a lot of love for Tena slips, but I never see much discussion on Tena pull ups.

I am keen to try them but does anyone know the difference between Tena pants and Tena ProSkin pants? Like why is there two different versions? From my observation, the Tena pants is sold in supermarkets and the ProSkin version is sold online?
I’ve seen the Tena Pants Maxi in the major supermarkets and have wondered what they are like and how effective they might be, as it appears that they would be ideal for every day wear under under jeans etc.

I’ll be interested to hear more about them too.

The Tena Pull up line are not too bad, at least as far as adult disposable pull ups in general go.

Pull ups are usually very poor in performance compared to a taped brief, They hold a lot less and are more prone to leaks but also are usually thinner and more discreet for those who only need low capacity daily wear without the bulk. Tena are up near the top of the list but not the best (at least as far as those accessible in the UK go).

As far as I can tell the difference between the normal "pants" and the active fit ones is basically a slightly improved ADL (acquisition and distribution layer) that pulls urine away from the skin better and faster leaving you feeling dryer, as well as a more breathable waterproof outer layer.

This can be a blessing and a curse, Better ADL is always a good thing for skin health and speed of absorption but also can mean if you feel dryer you may underestimate how wet the pull up is so you pee more and leak. Also by making the outer more breathable means the waterproof laminate is thinner and the material as a whole is more porous so while it does promote healthier skin by allowing better airflow it can also mean greater chance for vapor/moisture to seep through onto your clothing.

Tena have two main lines beside the base for their products with the main basic difference being the Pro skin has the more breathable cloth feel outer while the Active fit is plastic outer layer and cut slightly trimmer to fit more like underpants allowing higher mobility.

Reactions: Cherrypie
Belarin said:
The Tena Pull up line are not too bad, at least as far as adult disposable pull ups in general go.

Pull ups are usually very poor in performance compared to a taped brief, They hold a lot less and are more prone to leaks but also are usually thinner and more discreet for those who only need low capacity daily wear without the bulk. Tena are up near the top of the list but not the best (at least as far as those accessible in the UK go).

As far as I can tell the difference between the normal "pants" and the active fit ones is basically a slightly improved ADL (acquisition and distribution layer) that pulls urine away from the skin better and faster leaving you feeling dryer, as well as a more breathable waterproof outer layer.

This can be a blessing and a curse, Better ADL is always a good thing for skin health and speed of absorption but also can mean if you feel dryer you may underestimate how wet the pull up is so you pee more and leak. Also by making the outer more breathable means the waterproof laminate is thinner and the material as a whole is more porous so while it does promote healthier skin by allowing better airflow it can also mean greater chance for vapor/moisture to seep through onto your clothing.

Tena have two main lines beside the base for their products with the main basic difference being the Pro skin has the more breathable cloth feel outer while the Active fit is plastic outer layer and cut slightly trimmer to fit more like underpants allowing higher mobility.
yeah, tena active fit are my go to from the supermarket. though they dont have any tena active fit maxis in small, just the normal ones.

damn absorbent though with little to no leakage

I managed to get a pack from the supermarket. Very comfortable and discreet. No leaks so far, and it coped well with the aftermath of last nights Christmas dinner - probably one of the biggest number 2’s I’ve done in a nappy.

A pity they are so expensive, compared to the price of the slips. I think they would be perfect for work and exercise, but I’m not sure I can justify the price of them, especially when the slips are almost half the price per nappy.

Only ever brought them in an emergency and they don’t hold enough for me. Last time I wore them to a concert, doubled up and plastics over but they still leaked. Had to travel home with wet patch on my trousers but coat just about covered it.

In turns of store bought pull-ups at least state side, the always discreet line seemed to be the best. They just have a weird scent and are more feminine.

I personally would recommend abena, unique wellness (though it’s been a while so not sure if this is still good), or the north shore care varieties seemed to be good. Those pretty much have to be ordered online though.

Back