Tapes: where do you like yours to land?

Where do want your tapes to land in the landing zone?

• Total voters

AccidentsHappen

Disabled / F-IC / OAB
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Where do the tapes land on your favorite diaper? I've noticed that some folks like having their wings taped, some folks like everything centered up front, and some like it just off center. Personally, I find off center the best for me, I find it keeps the front of the pad just where it needs to be, and provides me the most comfort. But I was wondering what the actual divides were - so tell me,

Where do you like yours and why?

Reactions: Edgewater and Goodnites1990
I prefer the tapes to be up front. Not right in the middle but like aligned with my femur. I feel it helps pulls the front diaper sap material to be closer to my genital and preventing the urine from running off to the sides and leaking thru the gap between the two wings.

Reactions: Edgewater, Deleted member 56273 and AccidentsHappen
I tend to like them even on both sides, centered as much as possible

jamiejamie said:
I prefer the tapes to be up front. Not right in the middle but like aligned with my femur. I feel it helps pulls the front diaper sap material to be closer to my genital and preventing the urine from running off to the sides and leaking thru the gap between the two wings.
(y)

Reactions: Edgewater
I like them snug on the bottom front panel and tight on waistband

Reactions: Edgewater and SparkyDog
I like them on the padding area
Bottom 2 tapes pointed slightly up
top 2 tapes pointed slightly down
this gives me the best fit.

Reactions: Edgewater, jamiejamie and Jorelaxed
Be careful with plastic backed briefs. I am used to the cloth backed briefs for overnight so when I put on a plastic backed brief, I had the tendency to do the bottom (leg) tapes too tight. Cloth backed tapes will stretch and thus is not a problem. But for plastic, it can cut off your leg circulation and become very uncomfortable if you don't allow for sitting etc.

Reactions: Edgewater and Constantlydamp
My placement is much like SparkyDog has it assure a great fit around the waist, a good fit at the legs and the diaper stays in place.

I realize that many like the cloth like outer cover, but I wore and now again wear cloth pre-folded diapers and as a result have long worn plastic pants and I am happy with how they easily slide across things.

The wonderful part of this time is that both styles are now available and IC folks can choose based on what works best for them!!

I prefer my diaper tapes to meet as close as possible in the middle of my diaper. I find this easier for needed readjustments and also provides a more secure feeling fit. I’m surprised I’m in the minority with this choice. I even started wearing a size larger diaper than suggested by the sizing charts to better meet this preference.

On the front of the nappy is always a bonus 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Kellycares said:
I prefer my diaper tapes to meet as close as possible in the middle of my diaper. I find this easier for needed readjustments and also provides a more secure feeling fit. I’m surprised I’m in the minority with this choice. I even started wearing a size larger diaper than suggested by the sizing charts to better meet this preference.
There is no correct placement as the variation of ones body shape and their want for a specific fit, commonly what keeps the diaper in place as the last thing one would want is for the diaper to slip down.

Sorry for Post over you NappiedTruckDriver

Reactions: Kellycares
I only have to deal with single tapes lol

Back