Taller Leak guards The Next Big Thing?

There's not that much better they can make them tbh.

I think the final step would be custom diapers. Like I can choose the exact colours, design, diaper shell etc and the company can just send me a case of them.

That would be amazing, but it's probably not logistically possible unless some crazy manufacturing technique comes into existence.

Reactions: Edgewater and TigerDL
sofiahammerstein said:
I think the innovation of Pampers' channels is likely to be next. A European manufacturer I saw recently is doing that for adult sizes? I'm sure there's a patent involved that will require some processes to either license or workaround, though, here in the States. I think 5 channels compared to the Pampers 3 would net a very big gain in absorbency and address the distribution you mention.

I also think the next big thing someone is going to figure out is a type of side material similar to Pull-Ups/Goodnites that can result in a respectable adult-sized Pull-Up.
I ready do not see the multiple channels becoming standard in Adult diapers as they are great for the low volume of babies, but a nightmare with adults as the channels slow the flow to increase the absorbance of baby diapers. The major problem with Adult diapers is the need to move the urine out into the diaper. The majority of users fail to proper pre-set their diaper prior to placing them on. That wide gusset needs to be folded in half to create a long "U" shaped single channel that runs in the center of the gusset from the front to the back.

• Thinking
Reactions: baliebox4916 and BobbiSueEllen
Taller leak guards would be nice. A serious abdl pull up. I would love that. Better wicking! Definitely. More size choices! Yes please. Adult themed patterns. Might bring more to our love for diapers.

Reactions: Tinklepanties, Edgewater and bigtoddler96
Joediaper said:
Is this an old Huggies diaper? They were the best at not leaking ang holding a ton. They way they were designed would work much better for us than what we have now.
No. It's likely an Attends from that same time period. Found it on google images via twitter.

Reactions: Joediaper, BobbiSueEllen and Edgewater
BobbiSueEllen said:
We still need to widen the crotches 2-3 inches...and leave padding width alone. That will go a long way toward stopping leaks. The standing leak guards were made to contain messy leaks...it just happened they delayed piddle leaks. For a time. The manufacturers keep running from a very basic truth.

I get cute, frilly ruffles on my legs with my diapers. Very, very happy.
I agree that a wider crotch helps. Tykables‘ “Waddle-Cut” diapers have this feature, and not only helps contain leaks, but also gives more room for doublers and other booster pads. I wish more brands had this feature.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
The Comfy-Cubz, Try Agains,
Kiddos, Alpha Gators, Little Kings,
ABDRY, Super Dry Kids, Amusement Park,
Baby Parade, and several other brands of diapers that I'm regularly diapered in are all GREAT DIAPERS.
BUT..........
If I could make any change to them.
I'd add a blow out preventer.
Something to help contain those occasional messy accidents 👶👶👶

Reactions: TigerDL and deepdriftAD
Joediaper said:
Is this an old Huggies diaper? They were the best at not leaking ang holding a ton. They way they were designed would work much better for us than what we have now.

Leak guards are one part of the puzzle. They aren't waterproof though so they can't do it all by themselves.

This exactly. The modifications I do to my diaper make this possible and the result is anywhere from 20% to 30% more absorbency and wicking without adding any padding to the diaper. I actually take padding away just to make it possible. Even works better when I sleep on my side.

That would actually make it even worse. The padding in the wings keeps the waterproof material away from the skin and allows fluids to pass through and press out easier. Which is why wearing plastics pants over your diaper works so good at keeping leaks at bay.

That's exactly what I was thinking of when I read this post. I'd love to see a new diaper with this design in mind.

Also myself personally, I'd love to see more new diapers with a super soft plastic shell just like the Dry 247s, Trest Elites and InControl DeDrys. The plastic on diapers are soft, but IMO can be much softer. Think of how smooth the old baby diapers were when you held them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater
I would love to see a diaper that can closely duplicate the smell of 80s Pampers with a slightly extended “waddle cut” a la Tykables with some wetness distribution channels. I’m not as big on the cloth-backed, but really do love some of the designs coming out with the TryAgains, Tykables Animooz, and LFB Baby Parade in the past year or so. Positional print is a nice touch! 😄

Reactions: PlastiBrain, TigerDL and Edgewater
dpcare said:
more side padding would help
More side padding would be great too! :)

BobbiSueEllen said:
We still need to widen the crotches 2-3 inches...and leave padding width alone. That will go a long way toward stopping leaks. The standing leak guards were made to contain messy leaks...it just happened they delayed piddle leaks. For a time. The manufacturers keep running from a very basic truth.

I get cute, frilly ruffles on my legs with my diapers. Very, very happy.
Post in thread 'New ABU Diaper' https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/new-abu-diaper.180640/post-2373724

Screenshot_20240118-191227.png
It's a start, maybe more shall continue in that mode with time

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen
Tinklepanties said:
I agree that a wider crotch helps. Tykables‘ “Waddle-Cut” diapers have this feature, and not only helps contain leaks, but also gives more room for doublers and other booster pads. I wish more brands had this feature.
How wide are the waddle cut in the crotch? The Incontrol diapers are pretty wide.

BigAl1 said:
How wide are the waddle cut in the crotch? The Incontrol diapers are pretty wide.
In control diapers are relatively enormous in the most general sense. Mediums usually fit me perfectly but I’m swimming in those incontrol mediums, it’s actually the reason I don’t buy their diapers (even though their quality is great.

Reactions: Edgewater and BigAl2
BigAl1 said:
They are a bit wider but the padding is wider as well. This keeps the padding close to the leg elastics and causes premature press out as the diaper starts to swell.

PlastiBrain said:
Post in thread 'New ABU Diaper' https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/new-abu-diaper.180640/post-2373724

View attachment 128029
It's a start, maybe more shall continue in that mode with time
At some point I need to order some of those just to take a look at what they have done and compare them with others.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl2
Back