Tabletop Role Playing Games like D&D, Call of Cthulhu, Star Wars

WanderingToddler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I am a long time gamer. I love playing tabletop games such as dungeons and dragons. Does anyone else here like to play? If so what games do you play? Are you typically a game master or a player?

I have a long standing live group that plays dungeons and dragons. We are currently playing 5th edition but started with 3.5 about 6 years ago. Additionally, I gamemater several online play by post FFG Star Sars games. I have been doing that for about 4 years and have ran or played in nearly 20 campaigns. many of which have lasted years.

I think it would be fun to have an ABDL gaming group and am actually working on an ABDL campagin. It would be set in 1940 So i am thinking of using a call of Cthulhu type game system. I have a custom system I have built for a game I am developing that would also work well.

Anyone else have any gaming experiences?

Poisons of choice here: Shadowrun, Dresden Files, Chronicles of Darkness
I've seen a few attempts to make an ABDL game - some that scan as more playable than others. I think the real problem is that while we are a single community, how we derive pleasure varies enough to make a single system/setting impractical.

Reactions: WanderingToddler
Traemo said:
Poisons of choice here: Shadowrun, Dresden Files, Chronicles of Darkness
I've seen a few attempts to make an ABDL game - some that scan as more playable than others. I think the real problem is that while we are a single community, how we derive pleasure varies enough to make a single system/setting impractical.
Oh I agree the campaign in designing should work around that somewhat.

I'm designing a place mystery. A band of Abdl criminals is on a crime spree. There isnt much evidence from the crimes and nothing to link them. Well nothing a normal person would catch. An abdl detective notices links that indicate the group is abdl. He has the force psychologist pull together a group of ABDLs associated with the force to hunt the gang down.

The idea is to have an game as normal but with abdl characters. Abdl items and activities would play into the game as clues etc...

I play games like this all the time. All of my recent games have been online, like on Roll20. Lately I've been into D&D 5e, Shadow of the Demon Lord, FFG Star Wars, and Pokerole. I'm always interested in joining new groups.

That's awesome. I actually in a forum for online role play games. We host about 5 to different games at a time, most are ffg starwars. I have one d&d 5e game I'm running over there.
Once you become an established contribute I can send you a pm of you would like to join one or more.

Jesster said:
I play games like this all the time. All of my recent games have been online, like on Roll20. Lately I've been into D&D 5e, Shadow of the Demon Lord, FFG Star Wars, and Pokerole. I'm always interested in joining new groups.

Reactions: Midwest82 and Jesster
I play 5e mostly but occasionaly pathfinder 2.0 and Starfinder. We have recently been in a big Gloomhaven kick. I usually play ranged characters or casters. We also play a wide variety of board games. And usually when my friends and me get together its for a game night.

Midwest82 said:
I play 5e mostly but occasionally pathfinder 2.0 and Starfinder. We have recently been in a big Gloomhaven kick. I usually play ranged characters or casters. We also play a wide variety of board games. And usually when my friends and me get together its for a game night.
Awesome, I hve never played those. I did start with D&D 3.5 which is very similar to pathfinder and really enjoyed it. I currently play D&D 5th edition, FFG starwars (Age of rebellion, Edge of the empire, and Force and Destiny). I am also developing a game system based on the Special Operations Executive in wwII. the game is in playtest and is somewhat similar to Call of Cthulu. My game is deadly but rewards skills as they are used and is quite adaptable.

I don't have a prefered character type, because I am almost always the game master. I literally play everything. That being said I have always enjoyed illusionists. The problem is that most game Masters simply ignore illusions and do not let them play correctly. With the right GM though they can be amazing and do some amazing things. Even if the illusion occasionally fails to deceive.

I have an abdl campaign planed out that could fit a variety of settings. It is near impossible to find a group of players who are willing to do play by post. It is even harder to find ABDL players. Though it seems like there are a few of us who like this style of game.

WanderingToddler said:
Awesome, I hve never played those. I did start with D&D 3.5 which is very similar to pathfinder and really enjoyed it. I currently play D&D 5th edition, FFG starwars (Age of rebellion, Edge of the empire, and Force and Destiny). I am also developing a game system based on the Special Operations Executive in wwII. the game is in playtest and is somewhat similar to Call of Cthulu. My game is deadly but rewards skills as they are used and is quite adaptable.

I don't have a prefered character type, because I am almost always the game master. I literally play everything. That being said I have always enjoyed illusionists. The problem is that most game Masters simply ignore illusions and do not let them play correctly. With the right GM though they can be amazing and do some amazing things. Even if the illusion occasionally fails to deceive.

I have an abdl campaign planed out that could fit a variety of settings. It is near impossible to find a group of players who are willing to do play by post. It is even harder to find ABDL players. Though it seems like there are a few of us who like this style of game.
I think 5e is my favorite simply because of the ease and encouragement for roleplaying. It always makes the campaign more fun if you be your character and not just play it. I have not gm'd in years though I have a few ideas for some campaigns just never got em written out to play.

Ive played Call of Cthulu so it would be interesting to see how you adapted that for the SOE. Sound cool though I like WWII history and played the bejesus out of the Metal of Honor games.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the ABDL community and I'm sure im a DL but have no experience with AB. I am curious how a campaign would incorporate that. Seems like there is a lot of ways to go. Would you use a classic dnd setting or like D20 modern? Or make it from scratch to be form fitting? Honestly not at all something Iexpected to come across on here but i'm pleasantly intrigued.

I dont want to give away too much in case anyone actually wants to play, but what I have planned is a campaign that incorporates abdl elements. Just like each of us had a public life and an abdl life so too would the characters. In the campaign, it would be an exaggerated reality. For example a bunch of abdls coming together for the quest or mission. Additionally, the rivals would also be abdls and there would be abdl related clues. The campaign I have drawn up is set in 1940s using my system. But I also have ideas on how to adapt it to a starwars setting. For a d&D setting I would change things slightly to make them more D&D like. For D&D I have an idea of a rich wizard abdl gathering together adventures to help him gather supplies to help design and set up his own alternate dimension. One designed specifically for ABDLs. The group would go on various adventures to find ABDL type elements which the wizard will use to make features in his dimension. The characters would gain access to the dimension. In effect it would be a dnd campaign in which the players help to establish their perfect ABDL dimension. Further play after this could take place within that dimension and outside.

I have been a game master for many years and always do custom campaigns. THose campaigns evolve around the players and their actions and are always a surprise. I have run the same custom campaign more than once for different groups and have always been surprised where they end up. Each group is different and they drive the game.

Reactions: Midwest82
WanderingToddler said:
I dont want to give away too much in case anyone actually wants to play, but what I have planned is a campaign that incorporates abdl elements. Just like each of us had a public life and an abdl life so too would the characters. In the campaign, it would be an exaggerated reality. For example a bunch of abdls coming together for the quest or mission. Additionally, the rivals would also be abdls and there would be abdl related clues. The campaign I have drawn up is set in 1940s using my system. But I also have ideas on how to adapt it to a starwars setting. For a d&D setting I would change things slightly to make them more D&D like. For D&D I have an idea of a rich wizard abdl gathering together adventures to help him gather supplies to help design and set up his own alternate dimension. One designed specifically for ABDLs. The group would go on various adventures to find ABDL type elements which the wizard will use to make features in his dimension. The characters would gain access to the dimension. In effect it would be a dnd campaign in which the players help to establish their perfect ABDL dimension. Further play after this could take place within that dimension and outside.

I have been a game master for many years and always do custom campaigns. THose campaigns evolve around the players and their actions and are always a surprise. I have run the same custom campaign more than once for different groups and have always been surprised where they end up. Each group is different and they drive the game.
That sounds interesting for sure. It sounds like you have given it a lot thought which is always a good thing for a GM I think it helps bring the story to life instead of just feeling rushed or generic.

Over the years I have found it b best to create the enemy, their plans, resources, and personality. Then I just have them respond to player actions. Players do to many weird things to plan in depth worker railroading. But having a good idea of the bad guy let's things evolve organically.

WanderingToddler said:
Over the years I have found it b best to create the enemy, their plans, resources, and personality. Then I just have them respond to player actions. Players do to many weird things to plan in depth worker railroading. But having a good idea of the bad guy let's things evolve organically.
For sure since we are all good friends we, as players, make it a goal to flub up which ever one of us is dming by doing what they don't expect or going off in a tangent. The look of panic that sometimes pops up is a pretty clear sign we did our jobs. Lol

Lol. I had one campaign where they anyway was a deacon. The idea was that The players would pursue him through the levels of the abys to finally kill it. Instead a wild magic roll lead to one character proclaiming another as a new dirty for a month of down time. This angered the gods, who sent them on a quest for him to actually become a lesser dirty by killing an evil dirty and taking over His domain. Great campaign, not at all what I had planned.

Midwest82 said:
For sure since we are all good friends we, as players, make it a goal to flub up which ever one of us is dming by doing what they don't expect or going off in a tangent. The look of panic that sometimes pops up is a pretty clear sign we did our jobs. Lol
Any particular stores come to mind. I always find it amazing what players come up with.

So twice now we have had to fight the same boss since killed it in the first scenario in one round. It was a demon and was flying above us. Failed on it attempt to mind control one of us our druid turned into a bear and the barbarian sheild launched the druid as a bear at the demon. The druid won the grapple attempt and knocked the demon out of the sky where our barbarian was waiting and killed him in one round. So the second time the dm had us collecting a rod that stole your daily magic abilities as soon as you touched it. we were escaping the tower with it when the same boss that we killed appeared for no reason. We chucked the rod at him instantly zapping his daily abilities ie teleport leaving him stuck in the room with us. So we of course killed him again.

Another time he came up with like 6 different directions for us to go. But was not expecting we would split up and take all six. Had to rewrite quite a bit since the party sized dropped and while he tried to keep track of it got a lot confused.

Lol. I had an amazing trip one set up for the players and they entered an old Battelle to clear it of worg riders. I Bobby trapped the entrance, they climbed over the wall with a magic rope (3.5 Ed ). If course when everything was over they walked out the front. >:)

I like being surprised, if the players don't suppose you then the game is already known to the gm and it is like watching a movie for the 100th time.

WanderingToddler said:
Any particular stores come to mind. I always find it amazing what players come up with.
My best memory as a GM was waaay back in the day -1st edn D&D (the original 3 A5 softcover rule books). We were playing in the high school science lab after school. The somewhat fractious party of low level inexperienced players (we were all inexperienced back then) were going down a corridor when the flickering light of their torches illuminated figures covered in green slime approaching from the other direction, weapons and torches in hand. Zombies? Unknown slime monsters? Diseased foes? Much consternation (it was fun in those days because the players hadn't yet memorised all the rule books or evolved into proficient medieval SWAT teams). The party stopped to work out its tactics, fight or flee? The foes too stopped. Finally good common thuggery prevailed and the players party charged the foes. The foes too resumed their charge. Catalysmic battle in prospect ...

Was a mirror covered in algae on the wall at the end of the corridor where it turned 90 degrees. It was fun being a GM in those days.

Last edited:
DylanLewis said:
My best memory as a GM was waaay back in the day -1st edn D&D (the original 3 A5 softcover rule books). We were playing in the high school science lab after school. The somewhat fractious party of low level inexperienced players (we were all inexperienced back then) were going down a corridor when the flickering light of their torches illuminated figures covered in green slime approaching from the other direction, weapons and torches in hand. Zombies? Unknown slime monsters? Diseased foes? Much consternation (it was fun in those days because the players hadn't yet memorised all the rule books or evolved into proficient medieval SWAT teams). The party stopped to work out its tactics, fight or flee? The foes too stopped. Finally good common thuggery prevailed and the players party charged the foes. The foes too resumed their charge. Catalysmic battle in prospect ...

Was a mirror covered in algae on the wall at the end of the corridor where it turned 90 degrees. It was fun being a GM in those days.
That is fantastic. Lol

Reactions: DylanLewis
Awesome. I did something similar once. The players were separated and fought constructs of each other. The damage they really was done to the other players. Told of fun. I've been known to do custom monsters to through players for a loop. My favorite was the cloud troll in the rental plane if air. Took them forever to learn what is weeknesses were.

Nice to see another abdl gamer!

Reactions: DylanLewis
Back